Modern furniture stores never cease to amaze with the variety of bed models, as well as their functionality. But for various reasons, it is not always possible to choose what you need. In this regard, there are a large number of options for how to make a comfortable and practical place to sleep and rest with your own hands.
Almost any kind of furniture can be made at home. Before making this or that type of bed, you need to decide on its model. Depending on the purpose, a drawing is designed and materials are selected. A regular bed of our own production can be supplemented with built-in drawers for storing bedding or seasonal clothes. This is very convenient, since the room is not cluttered with furniture for placing things, thereby leaving free space for living.
Such beds are easy to make, the main thing is that all the details are processed and polished with high quality, otherwise the boxes will get stuck in special openings.
Let's consider the main models:
One of the most common beds - bunk… This type of bed allows you to save space and comfortably accommodate two people at once. As a rule, such beds are bought in the nursery. The case must be strong and of good quality to avoid accidents
- If there is not enough space in the bedroom, then an excellent solution would be to make a transformer bed or wardrobe bed … This model can perform a functional load in the daytime, and in the evening it can turn into a comfortable place to sleep and rest. These beds can be of different sizes and configurations. The most important thing when making them yourself is to choose a reliable and correct lifting or folding mechanism so that there are no distortions and squeaks of furniture when it is used for its intended purpose.
- Another option to save space would be to make a podium with pull-out bed … One and the same place can combine several zones. At night it is a place to sleep, and during the day it is a workspace.
- For premises such as a loggia or living room, suitable armchair-bed … Such furniture is convenient in that it can be used every day, it does not take up much space, and in the event of the arrival of guests, it can be easily transformed into a full-fledged sleeping place. It will also be pleasant that it will not take a lot of effort, time and money to make it yourself.
- A creative idea would be to create hanging bed … The structure itself consists of a frame and a frame with a lamella. When installing it, you need to have enough free space, since during use it will swing, and if there is little space around, then there is a risk of waking up from a collision with a wall or furniture. For manufacturing, preference should be given to lightweight but durable materials.
Bring a little magic and fairy tales to the bedroom will help "Flying" or "floating" bed … It is unique in that it has a cantilever mounting system, so the footboard is without support, thus visually it seems that the bed is suspended in the air. Very often, LED lights are attached from below to support the idea of flight. In addition to a soft mattress, such a resting place is suitable for both children and adults.
If it was decided to make the bed yourself, then it is better not to limit yourself to standards and come up with an unusual and creative model, saving a good amount on this.
The beds can be for both children and adults. For children, you can make sleeping places in the form of a car, a house or an outboard ship, it all depends on imagination and funds.
For babies under 5 years old, it is better to make a crib with a limiter, since in a dream many of them actively move and sometimes fall to the floor. The stopper can be attached separately and can be removed over time. It is usually made from metal, wood, or plastic. It is easy to sew a cover on it so that the child does not touch the “bare” metal or wood.
Every child's dream is to have his own little house where he can play and have fun, but it will be even more interesting to have his own house-bed. Such a berth has many options for designs and models:
- In the first case (and simpler) a regular bed box is made, and 4 beams with a roof frame are attached to the top of the support rails without any additions. All parts are processed with high quality and sanded, if they are made of wood, so that the child does not splinter the surface of the skin. A light canopy is hung on top of this entire structure. As a night light, the LED strip along the contour of the base of the roof of the sleeping house will look original. Thus, a beautiful and cozy bed is obtained.
- In the second case the house is done in more detail, namely with a full roof and a facade that will serve as the side of the bed. This option is suitable for bunk beds, where there is a real staircase, along which children will go to each other "to visit".
When making a bed for adults you can experiment with form and functionality. A round bed will look very interesting. However, it will be difficult to execute it with your own hands, therefore, if there is little experience in this matter, then it is better to order parts from a professional joiner or carpenter.
When you want to make a large bed, but do not have enough funds, designers suggest using wooden pallets. For a double bed, you need 6-8 pallets, which are fastened together in a rectangular shape, and a regular mattress is placed on top, and the bed is ready.
If the bedroom is small, then you will be able to create an ergonomic and compact sleeping place with your own hands. It is best when the bed will have a sliding mechanism that will allow you to collect it in a small and compact sofa after sleeping. Or equip your bed with drawers that can hold bed linens, seasonal items, or other items that are rarely used.
Very often, a floating bed is made with panels built into the wall that act as a table. They can accommodate medium-sized night lamps or floor lamps.
The headrest deserves special attention. It can carry both a semantic and a decorative load. In most cases, the headboard is used as a decorative element that complements the space with an unusual shape or ornament. In the second case, functional, it is better to make it soft and voluminous, so that it is convenient to lean on it when reading or watching a movie.
When making your own sleeping bed, it is better to adhere to certain standards. In this case, it is much easier to find a mattress and bedding (sheet, blanket, duvet cover, etc.).
Berths are divided into three categories: single, double and one-and-a-half:
Single beds designed for a comfortable sleep of one person. Its standard dimensions in width are 80-100 cm, and length - 180-190 cm. The parameters of length and width can be adjusted to suit your own height and body volume. The length should be 15-20 cm more than the height of the sleeper, and the width is calculated from the average thickness of the person in the shoulders plus 25-30 cm on each side
One and a half bed is an intermediate option. It can accommodate 2 people with medium volumes or two children. Standard sizes: width - 120 cm, length - 200 cm. There are “extra” models, where the width is increased by 20-30 centimeters
Double Is a large large bed that provides comfortable rest for two people at the same time. The width of the berth varies from 160 to 200 cm. The length is most often 200 cm. There is a variety - a "king size" bed or, in a simple way, a triple bed. Its width is more than 200 cm. It is intended for sleeping parents with a small child or for tall and large people
To make a bed of optimal size, it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the body. If the sleeping person is actively tossing and turning and turning over, then the width of the bed must be made larger so that he does not fall on the floor during sleep.
For a comfortable stay, it is best to make a bed for the general style of the room. Otherwise, resonance in space will be created. In addition, the selection should be carried out depending on the size of the room itself. There are several current styles that can be divided into 3 large groups: for small bedrooms, medium and large.
For such rooms, a bed in the style of High-tech, Minimalism, Loft, East Asian direction is suitable:
Beds in style High tech are distinguished by their originality and interesting design, which is most often complemented by practicality and functionality. These sleeping places have unusual shapes and a modern look. The presence of the correct geometric shapes and shiny surfaces is imperative. The dominant color scheme is pure and life-affirming colors: white, yellow, red, green, etc
Sleeping beds in style Minimalism are distinguished by their simplicity and composure. A distinctive feature is ergonomics, simplicity of forms and the absence of pretentious and unnecessary details. As a rule, the design implies light and solid colors: white, gray, milky
East Asian direction the style of the beds has many features. The most obvious is the earthiness, namely the low height of the bed relative to the floor. The form has clear lines, sometimes there is a canopy
Not so long ago, at the beginning of the twentieth century in the USA, an unusual interior style appeared called Loft. This design appeared when the premise was not originally built for living space. It was specially converted into a residential area. Usually these are the upper floors of factories or workshops. The apartments are distinguished by their scale and simplicity of decoration
Under the influence of such premises, designers began to create a whole series of furniture (armchairs, tables, beds, etc.) dedicated to this style. As for the beds, they stand out for their simplicity and neutrality in colors. A distinctive feature is also the presence of "rough" elements. For example, there may be metal rivets or artificial abrasions on the headrest.
Medium sized rooms
For medium sized bedrooms, Provence, Country or Modern beds are suitable:
Style Provence subconsciously perceived as something airy, light and unpretentious. These beds are suitable for connoisseurs of classics and general sophistication in the interior. Sleeping beds have impeccably regular and clear shapes, which are combined with the airiness and volume of bedspreads and pillows. The main highlight is the headboard (it should be nice and soft), as well as the quirkiness of the supporting legs (they can be curved, twisted or carved). The predominant colors are pastel shades
The most practical and comfortable bed styles include Country… The berth is squat and has massive shapes. Materials for its manufacture are taken only natural, namely pine or oak. Sometimes there are decorative elements made of metal, for example, on the headboard or legs, or fabric covers of khaki, saffron shades, marshy or earthy are sewn
Direction titled Modern differs in its roundness and smoothness of forms. Modern style involves mixing materials in harmonious proportions, such as wood and metal, plastic and textiles. Colors can be completely different
A large room allows you to place beds of any style, but sleeping places in the Baroque, Empire, Rococo and, of course, Classicism style will give a special sophistication:
Baroque sometimes called pretentious, as it implies an abundance of decorative elements, gilding, rich and dense materials for the upholstery of the bed. In most cases, the bed has a large and massive headboard, which can be supplemented with stucco molding. Color also matters a lot. Usually these are shades of blue, silver, pistachio, gold, pink, red
Empire style is one of the unique styles that combines luxury and aristocratic modesty. For the manufacture of beds in this vein, only the highest quality and most expensive materials are taken, such as mahogany, bog oak or walnut wood. The dimensions of the berth are also impressive. The forms have straight and clear silhouettes without the bombast, as in the Baroque. For upholstery, fabrics with deep and rich colors are used (indigo, pure gray, emerald, purple, etc.)
Style also boasts its softness and comfort Rococo… The shape of the bed is smooth, without sharp corners. Decorative elements are presented in gilding, textured carving and perfect smoothness of the lacquered elements of the main bed frame. The colors of the style are soft, close to pastel tones
As designers say, if there are no ideas for choosing a style, then there is nothing better classics… Such furniture is distinguished by its reliability, durability and functionality
The body is made without frills, the correct shape. Materials for the manufacture of beds are taken of high quality and durable. It can be wood or metal. The color palette is very restrained, but can include bright, but not flashy decorative elements. There are white, black, gray and other pastel shades.
Currently, an increasing number of designers and craftsmen propose not to follow strictly one direction, but to competently combine them with each other, which will allow combining simplicity of forms, grace and convenience at the same time.
Selection of materials
Competent selection of materials for self-manufacturing of a berth is one of the main points in creating furniture. As a rule, his choice depends on the calculated amount and the chosen design:
- The most common material is wood. In order for the bed to serve for a long time and not to spoil health, it is better to give preference to pine, oak or ash. Yes, wood is expensive, but it will pay off with its durability and environmental friendliness. In addition, the frame will be quite strong and lightweight. The only drawback of wood is its susceptibility to air humidity. If the bars are not treated with stain or varnish, then there is a risk that they will start to rot or become covered with mold. In the case when the bed is constantly in an unventilated room with dry air, the wooden product may dry out and crack.
- If there are not enough funds for solid wood, then it can be replaced with plywood or fiberboard - MDF … This bed usually lasts about 10 years. Thanks to synthetic inclusions, the chipboard does not grow moldy, and also insects-pests do not start in it.
Many people do not choose this material because of its unnatural appearance, lack of beautiful texture and pattern. Plywood also contains a small percentage of formaldehyde resins, which evaporate when the material is heated or damp. In this regard, you should not make a crib for a child from MDF panels or plywood.
Nowadays, the fashion for beds with a metal body has begun to return. This material has long been valued for its distinctive characteristics, such as strength, reliability, resistance to temperature fluctuations and the ability to create original shapes and patterns. The material itself is harmless and does not exude unpleasant or toxic odors. But at the same time, it has several disadvantages: a large structure weight, tactile discomfort and injury hazard. In the winter season, the body of such a bed will be cold and uncomfortable if you touch it. Moreover, metal is a hard material by its structure, and if you hit it, then a bruise or hematoma will remain
To lighten the weight of the bed, you can make the body from a metal profile pipe. These are hollow iron tubes that weld together easily. They are round, oval and square.
In order to save and sell the remaining materials, an unusual bed can be obtained. from the remains of PVC or polypropylene pipes (if, for example, a bathroom was being repaired). It is better to make a bed for children from such material, since under the heavy weight of the mattress and adults, the frame can crack or deform. If, nevertheless, the choice fell on them, then it is better to give preference to polypropylene pipes. They are more durable and rigid in their characteristics. To assemble such a bed, it does not take much time and effort, you just need to make the main box and transverse slats so that the weight of the sleeping person is correctly distributed around the entire perimeter. Experimental designers advise to make each side of the main body from several rows of tubes, so the structure will be more durable and reliable
How to take measurements?
One of the important points in the manufacture of a bed is measuring the details and the space where it will be located. The scale of the future bed can be based on 2 parameters: the size of the room and the dimensions of the future mattress. The bed should be proportionate to the outside space and complement the room succinctly. Therefore, if the room is large, then you can afford large and bold sizes.
As for the dimensions of the mattress, it is better to start from a specific example. A standard double mattress is 2 meters long and 1.4-1.8 meters wide. The height depends on the weight of the sleeping person - the heavier it is, the thicker the cover should be.
After the measurements of the "soft" component have been made, you should begin to arrange the dimensions of the body part of the bed. The inner part must match the size of the mattress. If its width is 1.4 meters, then the width of the body should be 16 mm wider on each side, so that there is a small gap for comfortable placement of the mattress. Accordingly, the dimensions of the head restraint will be calculated as follows: 1400 mm + 16 + 16 = 1432 mm. The length of the side parts is also calculated: 2000 + 16 + 16 = 2032 mm.
The height of the bed is calculated from the individual parameters of the person according to the standard that the bed from the floor should end at about knee height. The mattress should "protrude" about 10 cm to protect your feet from impacts on the sofa body. The height of the headboard can be taken arbitrarily, but it should also be proportional to the common part of the bed. For example, if the bed level is 600 mm, then the total headboard height will be 1 meter, i.e. + 400 mm.
Based on the above examples, you can set the following dimensions of the bed and the number of parts for its body:
- Headboard: length - 1432 mm, height - 1000 mm (1 piece);
- Opposite wall: length 1432 mm, height - 600 mm (1 piece);
- Side parts: length - 2032 mm (2 parts). The height of these parts depends on the material used and the model of the bed. Typically, the height is 200-150mm.
It is very important not to forget to calculate the inner lining of the slats, on which the lamella or a solid sheet of chipboard will fit. Long side pieces should rest against the top short ones. The upper and lower slats should be equal to the dimensions of the mattress, namely 1400 mm in length and 50 mm in width, the side panels - 1968 mm by 50 mm, since you also need to subtract the width of the small slats against which they abut (32 mm). Every detail is required in duplicate.
Thus, the main body of the berth is calculated. Next, you need to calculate the length and height of the internal racks, which will additionally support the lamella and mattress to be laid. It is very easy to do this, they will be equal to the main height of the bed (600 mm), and in length should correspond to the inner top or bottom support rail (1400 mm).
After all measurements and calculations, you can proceed to the implementation of the resulting drawing.
Step by step instructions
In order to make a high-quality bed on your own at home, you must adhere to a certain stage and sequence. The step-by-step construction of a standard double bed will be described below. For its base, you need high-quality wood, for example, pine.
To work with wood, you will need a tape measure, a construction pencil, self-tapping screws with dimensions of 65 and 40 millimeters, metal corners for fastening with a width of 45-50 mm, a Phillips screwdriver, a hammer, a small saw, sandpaper, wood glue or PVA.
Before purchasing wooden blocks, you need to draw up an accurate drawing indicating the scale and future holes for fasteners.
How to develop a drawing?
In order to draw a detailed outline of the future bed, you need a sheet of paper (you can take it with a millimeter ruler for convenience), a pencil and a ruler. The first thing you need to do when developing is to decide on a bed model and a mattress, under which the frame will be assembled. If you want to create a custom and unusual bed, you can also make a mattress yourself. A simple model of a rectangular sleeping bed is easy to design.
The drawing must be made in three copies: top, side and front view.
In the top view, the width and length of the body are usually marked along the inner walls. The data directly depends on the dimensions of the selected mattress. In the figure, it is necessary to immediately note the intended thickness of the wooden bars, as well as their number. It is better to calculate in millimeters, since the more accurate the calculations, the better the furniture will be. For convenience, the craftsmen mark with strokes the places where the fastening corners will be located or self-tapping screws are screwed in.
Side panels, as a rule, consist of two planks connected by dowels - these are rounded cylindrical rods about 1.5 cm high and no more than 0.5 cm in diameter. Next comes a persistent transverse bar, and on the sides there are 2 bars with holes for self-tapping screws or bolts for connecting to the front panels. It is worth marking the places of gluing and fastening. In the front view, namely the headboard, you need to indicate its height, width and the number of boards required for its construction.
With the help of a clear and correctly executed drawing, you can calculate the number of necessary boards and fasteners for them, from here you will immediately see the amount required for the implementation of the project.
If the drawing fails, then there is always the opportunity to contact a furniture salon or workshop, where they can tell and show how to make it.
For a double bed you will need: for the main box and legs - a beam of 50 by 50 mm with a length of 2200 mm made of pine - 15 pieces. You also need a pine board (2000 mm by 100 mm, 20 mm thick) in the amount of 22 pieces.
After collecting all the basic materials for work, you can start assembling. If the boards are not processed, then in advance it is necessary to cover the wood with a stain so that it does not mold and does not deteriorate during operation.
How to assemble?
The standard main box is 150 mm high and the beam width should be 50 mm. In this regard, you need to glue 3 bars together. Further, the procedure is as follows:
- The surfaces to be joined are treated with glue and compressed, it is advisable to put a load on top for better adhesion of materials. You should wait a day until it dries completely. The resulting part must be measured again and the irregularities must be eliminated after gluing.
- For a complete frame you need: 2 side boards (2200 mm long), one more board (2100 mm) for the longitudinal lintel in the middle, as well as 2 wood panels for the headboard and end part (1610 mm long each).
- For a reliable and strong connection of the corners, a small fragment is sawn off at the edges of the bars - 40-50 mm. As a result, the corners are firmly held together, but the parts still need to be greased with glue. The parts must also be strongly squeezed or pressed down with a load until the glue completely hardens.
- There is another way to connect the bars in the corners, namely, internal gluing of cut-to-size parts. To do this, you must first assemble a rectangular frame on the floor. Further, the end parts are coated with glue and are pressed with force from both ends of the side panels. After that, the bars are screwed to each other with self-tapping screws for a secure joint. Do not forget about the evenness of the corners so that the bed does not have bevels.
- After the main box is glued and fixed, you can start installing the internal jumper rail. It is needed in order to impart greater rigidity and strength to the product. It should be mounted exactly in the middle, so the center of the box should be found on the back side, and not on the outside.
The correct position of the lintel is considered when it exactly coincides with the height and level of the future berth.
- Following the installation of the center rail, you can start attaching the thrust bars 150 mm long. They will hold the center bar in a level position. If these stops for some reason were not included in the drawing, then they can be replaced with metal corners.
- When the frame is completely ready and fixed, it's time to attach the legs., if they are in the idea. They are made from the same 50 x 50 mm wooden cuts of the same length. The length is adjusted for the person who will sleep on this bed. It is worth taking into account the fact that the higher the legs, the more unstable the sleeping place will be, but the optimal height will allow you to easily and quickly clean under it.
- The supports are attached first to glue in the corners, and then fixed with self-tapping screws … Masters advise, for greater reliability, to strengthen the legs with metal corners, as well as to make additional ones in the middle of the side panels for greater stability and even distribution of the weight of a sleeping person. After the glue dries, you can put the body with the legs in the normal position.
- On the sides of the bed frame, the internal slats are attached at a place marked in advance in the drawing. 30-35 mm thick. They will serve as the future support for the joists, which in turn will support the mattress. The supports are placed so that they are flush with the center partition.
- The next step is to install the supporting cross beams. It is very important that they do not lie close to the side walls, as this can provoke the appearance of a squeak when you lie down on the bed. Therefore, there should be a small space - 5 mm, which will ensure their free position. The bars themselves should not be placed close to each other and fastened. Ideally, the distance between the boards to be laid should be 30-50 mm. For reliability, the transverse bars are attached in 3 places with ordinary nails or self-tapping screws (so that there are no cracks, it is better to drill holes for fasteners in advance).
- After all the parts are installed, it is time to remove errors.that appeared during operation. These can be glue remnants, cracks that need to be putty or a new beam to be installed, and burrs must be sanded. This item should not be skipped, since the aesthetics of the appearance and the safety of the sleeper depend on it. If the originally purchased wood was not sanded, then it must be made absolutely smooth using a sander or ordinary sandpaper.
- A perfectly turned bed should be cleaned of sawdust and small shavings … Further, it is already possible to varnish. It is better to use a brush or special spray for this. Most importantly, during the process, observe safety rules and wear a respiratory mask so as not to breathe in vapors. It is necessary to apply layers of varnish on both sides, as it protects the wood from bark beetles and mold. It is necessary to apply the next layer only after the first one has completely dried.
- In the process of drying the bed, there is time to make the backrest. It can be of different shapes and sizes. Headboards are semicircular, rectangular, lattice, or even absent, but with it the bed looks more concise and familiar. It is very easy to make it. You can take 2 or 3 bars, glue them together, put under a press and wait until they dry completely. Then the wood is processed, like the rest of the bed, and is attached to the main box using self-tapping screws or the same PVA glue.
- Sometimes the headboard is screwed or hung on hooks above the berth, this is an element of the decor. In this case, you can custom-cut an unusual pattern on a solid piece of wood. This headboard will be a wonderful and unusual addition to the bed.
- When all the parts are installed, and the varnish is completely dry, it is time to put the mattress in its place.… After that, the bed is ready for further use. If you want a wooden bed to be original and unusual, then an interesting idea would be to sheathe it with fabric.
How to trim with fabric?
The process of sheathing and decorating the bed itself is not difficult, but it requires accuracy and precision of calculations. Before starting the process, you need to decide on the textiles and the type of covering.
There are several types of fabrics for decorating a sofa or bed:
- Flock. This coating has been known for a long time and has a good reputation. The material is a non-woven fabric with a nap of acrylic, viscose, cotton, etc. applied to it. The fabric is very durable by its characteristics, does not fade in the sun, and it is also easy to clean.
- Velours. The material is very pleasant to the touch and has a vertical pile structure. Its composition is dense and durable. Such upholstery will last a long time and will delight you with its practicality and price.
- Chenille. Such a fabric is created by interweaving the pile between the threads. The pile can be acrylic, polyester, viscose or cotton. According to its characteristics, the material is very high quality and durable, it will give the bed an expensive look. The fabric does not attract dust and is easy to clean.
- Jacquard. This is a very beautiful, dense and unusual material. As a rule, it has a complex pattern, which is made with silk threads. The fabric is multi-layered, so it is wear-resistant and keeps its shape well.
- Artificial leather. Modern leatherette, which is no worse in quality than genuine leather. The material will delight you with its price, variety of embossing and colors. Any dirt can be easily removed with a damp cloth.
- Leather. Leather linen is very expensive and has a number of features. It needs to be wiped down frequently with a damp towel and a special wax applied, otherwise the skin will crack. Otherwise, it is a high-quality and durable material.
After the bed is assembled, you can go to its upholstery:
- For work you will need decorative fabric and simple (for internal parts), foam rubber or batting, specialized glue for furniture, scissors, construction stapler, hammer, decorative nails, tape measure.
- It is best to start work from the headboard, if it is. It must be separated from the common bed frame. Next, a 5-centimeter foam rubber is taken and cut out according to its shape. The process itself is not easy, so it is better to use a carpenter's knife. The finished cut is attached to the wood with glue. It should be applied not to the foam rubber, but to the front of the wooden panel. For greater strength, the edges are best secured with a stapler.
- While the glue is drying, you can cut the selected upholstery fabric. It is very important that allowances of 10-15 cm remain on each side. Fastening of the material should be started from the lower corners with a stapler, since then it will be easier to level the fabric over the entire surface area. When the fabric is taut, it's time to hammer in decorative nails so the staples aren't visible.
- When the decoration of the headboard is over, it's time to move on to the main body. To begin with, strips of foam rubber are prepared. They should be the same size as the outside of the bed frame. They are also attached with glue. In the place of attachment of the headboard, foam rubber is not attached. The frame can be sheathed with a technical fabric or decorative. The material is gradually stretched and attached using the same stapler.
- If it is a technical fabric, then a cover should be put on on top. It must be sewn with a zipper or Velcro so that it does not slip and is easy to put on.
- When the main box is covered with fabric, you can attach the headboard.
- The above is an example of a simple covering with a decorative fabric, but there are other ways of textile upholstery. The most popular and fashionable today is the carriage-type bed head. As a rule, only the headboard is decorated in this way, but the whole sleeping place is also possible.
- For work you will need foam rubber with a thickness of 5 cm, plywood frame in the shape of the head of the bed, wood glue, scissors, upholstery fabric, decorative buttons or nails, 2 thick needles, a drill with a round nozzle and a stapler.
- The first step is to make the markings on the foam rubber in the form of identical squares, rectangles or rhombuses. After that, it is glued to the plywood. At the joining points of the rhombuses or squares, it is necessary to make round holes with a drill. The diameter should be approximately 10 mm.
- Covering material is applied on top. Next, needles are taken, and with their help decorative buttons are sewn through the fabric and holes and at the same time neat folds are formed, which are fixed at the ends of the case. Sewing should be done slowly and carefully, otherwise the fabric may be skewed, and then you will have to redo the work first.
Spectacular examples in the interior
If it was decided to make a homemade bed in the bedroom, this does not mean that it should be boring and ordinary. Self-production initially implies a certain amount of creativity and creativity in the work. This is especially true for baby cots.
In this image, you can see that the profile bed is not only a place to rest, but also a small entertainment area in the form of a slide, wall bars and a rope.
And in this example, you can see the dream of many children. The bed is made in the form of a house, where it is always calm and you can not be afraid of monsters under the bed.
It is clear from the image that this room is already an adult child. The sleeping place is very functional, it is easy to clean and it will not take up extra space. For the older generation, a more ergonomic bed is suitable, on which you can sleep comfortably, and also hide things inside as needed.
Lovers of magic and miracles can bring a floating bed to life. It is done quite simply, but the result will delight and inspire new achievements every time.
For information on how to make a do-it-yourself podium bed, see the next video.