The joint stay of mom and baby has a beneficial effect on them. When a child appears in the family, more and more parents decide to “take” him to themselves and combine the bedroom and the nursery in one room. It is necessary to take a comprehensive approach to this issue so that the new interior is comfortable, safe and homelike.
Features of the
In most apartments, the size of the bedroom is no more than 18 square meters. You need to show imagination and know design secrets in order to successfully combine two rooms in one.
Each family member should have their own territory, despite the association of zones. This can be achieved through zoning, which can be visual or physical
It is necessary to choose the right furniture so that it is multifunctional and safe for the child. Replace cabinets with corner structures or compartments; ordinary beds - a folding sofa; Choose a changing table with storage compartments. If the child is already large, purchase a modular bed that is practical and does not take up much space
Decide on the style of room decoration so as not to violate the aesthetics of the space. Designers advise Minimalism. The room is decorated without frills, furniture is chosen in geometric shapes, a partition is used as zoning. It is allowed to mix the two styles so that the colors and texture of the coatings are in harmony with each other
- Pay attention to the decorative elements. There shouldn't be many of them. In the children's area, it is enough to place photo wallpapers or posters with your favorite characters, a colorful blanket, and put bright toys on the shelves. The adult half can be decorated with family photos, paintings or wall clocks. Indoor plants will successfully complement and revive the interior.
- The location of a TV, computer or similar equipment is not allowed in the children's area, as they have harmful radiation.
Where to begin?
The algorithm of actions may look like this:
- Create room layoutby noting windows and doors on it.
- Divide the space into two zones, highlighting the most illuminated place for the child.
- Decide on zoning options, design and colors.
- Make models of furniture from colored paper and, rearranging them in places, choose the optimal position. Or, using a specialized program, move the room objects already in the virtual planner.
- Select decorative elementsallowing the room to look like a whole.
The main stage in combining rooms is zoning, as a result of which everyone has their own personal space. Its main techniques include decorative structures, sliding doors, shelves, arches. They are made of chipboard, plastic or drywall.
Partitions help isolate the adult area from the nursery, but reduce space. A rack with shelves for storing things or a light screen that is easy to move can also serve as a divider. These structures can be dismantled if necessary.
However, this is not the only option. You can visually divide the room by pasting it with different wallpapers. The main thing is to skillfully select them so that textures, shades and patterns are combined. It is better to choose a color scheme of calm pastel tones, avoiding bright colors.
You can combine not only wall coverings, but also floor coverings. It is better to stop your choice on parquet or laminate, because they are environmentally friendly and easy to clean.An adult bed can have a soft carpet, and a nursery bed - a carpet (or take care of floor heating). It is undesirable to cover the entire surface with a carpet to avoid an additional source of dust.
A two-level ceiling with different types of lighting will also help to zone the space. In the children's area, you can make LED backlighting, and in the adult area, place spotlights. If you make a glossy stretch ceiling, you will be able to visually make the room larger and brighter.
Making a small podium, elevation is another option for an unusual solution. You can place the parent area on it, and under it you can arrange a place for storing bulky things, toys or linen.
An alternative to zoning is redevelopment. If a capital partition is installed in the apartment, which exerts a load on the supporting structures, then a permit will need to be obtained. Before proceeding with the division of the room, you need to agree on the project and approve it.
Redevelopment options include:
- Moving doorways.
- Any changes to the main walls.
- Combining the corridor with the room.
- Using a balcony or loggia to increase the joint area.
- Installation of a capital partition.
- Dismantling the pantry.
Any reserves should be used to expand the area of the common room by means of adjoining premises.
A children's bedroom and a living room in one room have a place to exist. When combining a children's area with a living room, you should think over everything to the smallest detail so that everyone is comfortable. You just need to pay attention to some of the nuances and subtleties:
- Purchase the necessary furniture with the possibility of its transformation. With age, the interests and needs of the child change.
- The children's area should be as isolated as possible. Adults and children should not interfere with each other doing their own thing.
- If possible, place the children's corner away from the doors and closer to the window.
- If the size combined with the children's living room is no more than 15-16 sq. m., it is impossible to equip 2 full-fledged rooms. A small children's corner with a minimum set of furniture should be highlighted. If the room is more than 18 sq. m., it is possible to apply zoning. Its elements can be applied here as well.
- The recreation area must have upholstered furniture, a wall, a table, a TV stand (if it is not wall-mounted). It is advisable to remove things that clutter up the space. For the recreation area, it is better to choose dark furniture, for the children's half - light.
- When decorating a room, you can combine styles. For example, a nursery decorated in high-tech style will accentuate the classic living room. Japanese style is successfully combined with Country. Unusually - Baroque with Eclecticism.
If we are talking about a one-room apartment, then in the combined area it is also necessary to arrange a dressing room and an area for work. If the space allows, you can install the above-described dividing structures, multi-level ceilings or play in contrast. In the case of a small room, you will have to show imagination and make a separate children's corner.
Secrets for small apartments
In conclusion, a few design nuances for arranging a living space in a cozy nest for a baby and parents
- Replace thick curtains with blinds. There will be a feeling of spaciousness and light.
- Instead of bulky furniture, opt for modular furniture.
- To increase the space, use mirrors and glass, use light colors on the walls and ceiling.
- If there is a recreation area in the center of the room, then place sleeping and play areas on opposite sides. This will balance the interior.
- Buy bedroom pillows and baby curtains from the same fabric.
- Lamps can be different, but from the same material.
- Do not overload the space with bright elements.
Choose a color scheme and stick to it in the interior.A thoughtful combination of children's and adult zones will help to maximize and comfortably use the space of the apartment.
Interior design examples
A bedroom with a nursery in one room with an area of 18 sq. m. A sliding partition was chosen as a zoning element. When opening, the doors hide in special structures that are built on the sides. Children's bed elements, decorative pillows and an armchair are made of the same material, which makes the interior complete.
The room is decorated in muted colors and looks very aesthetically pleasing. The beds are positioned opposite each other to help maintain parental control. Children's items are stored in the changing table, which fits well into the interior, and adult items are stored in the mezzanine. Canopies add airiness to the interior and protect from drafts and bright daylight.
The combined area is divided by a plasterboard partition and a multi-level ceiling. Futuristic chandeliers and spotlights add a touch of extravagance to the interior. Bright shades and ceiling lighting are conducive to a pleasant pastime.
In the next video, see an example of a successful neighborhood of children and parents.