Two daughters in a family - this is boundless joy, ringing laughter, a sea of happiness and the special responsibility of parents in the matter of optimal organization of a sleeping place for their princesses. And if it is not possible to provide each baby with an individual bedroom, then an important task is set for adults - to choose the right bedroom design for two girls, taking into account the interests and wishes of each. In this article, we will consider general recommendations and dwell in more detail on some important aspects of this topic.
For the optimal design of a children's bedroom for two girls, parents first of all need to consider the basic physical, psychological and material aspects.
Balance of desire and opportunity
Before starting the repair and decoration of the room, adults should soberly assess the costs and allocate the required amount from the family budget, without prejudice to other aspects of the life of all family members. In another case, the joy of waiting for the finished bedroom for girls can seriously darken and spoil the impression of the finished result.
Features and age range of girls
The fact that the color and interior design of the room space should correspond to the age of the child is undeniable and requires a certain approach to its implementation. Parents should draw a clear parallel between the age interests of each of the girls, their activities and the appropriate design of the entire room or individual areas. The task of organizing the interior can be facilitated when the girls have a slight age difference.
The main thing for parents is to adhere to a policy of equality, since even a small emphasis on something belonging to one of the daughters can provoke a wave of jealousy and aggression in the other, which will undoubtedly lead to conflict. The size of the shelves, the color of the bedspreads and even the coasters for the pen should match, at least for the first time, until they themselves come in to personalize their space.
If the age range is large, parents need to take into account the difference in regimen, interests and other spheres of life, and therefore, select individual furniture for each child and delimit zones with screens and partitions
Room size and shape
The size and shape of a room plays an important role in its design. A large square room or a small rectangular room - each requires an individual approach and a clear layout before furnishing it with heavy furniture. This aspect is especially characteristic when placing a bedroom in the attic, which does not have a clear shape. Therefore, you should discuss in advance with the girls their wishes and preferences.
When decorating a bedroom for two or even three girls, it is recommended to follow some advice from professional designers.
It should be borne in mind that this room will combine a playroom, a children's study and a place for sleeping and rest, therefore it is important to correctly define the main areas.
- The sleeping area should be comfortable and as safe as possible. Preferred are soft pastel colors in the design, diffused light, the absence of sockets, various electrical appliances and sources of drafts near the beds.
- The play area assumes the presence of free space directly for games and the availability of various cabinets, shelves and baskets for placing toys, sports equipment and technical devices.
- The work area should contribute to the development mental and psychological aspects of the personality and improve performance. Bright light, individual work furniture, storage space for writing utensils and books - these are the main requirements for this area for babies.
In addition to these areas, you can organize a few more: a place for creativity, sports, collecting or reading books. It is important to remember that competent zoning is one of the keys to the successful physical and personal all-round development of a child.
There are several options for dividing one room
- The easiest zoning method is division of space color and light design.
- Wooden or plasterboard partitions will allow you to maximize the individualization of the space.
- Ceiling or floor screens are in great demand, since they are very mobile, but rather static if desired.
- Furniture can also serve as a zone divider: racks, cabinets, tables visually divide the room perfectly, but this method is suitable for fairly large rooms (from 14 squares or more).
- Tiered floors and horizontal division of the room can save significant space, but this method of zoning should provide the necessary safe stay for girls in the bedroom.
For the optimal arrangement of furniture, you need to take into account some of the nuances:
- Any children's bedroom for two girls must have two beds, two desks and two chairs. There may be one wardrobe, but with the obligatory separation of shelves for linen and clothes.
- Furniture can be arranged in different ways, depending on the room. It would be advisable to divide a narrow, but long room into two parts, each of which will serve as an individual space for girls, but the play area can be made common and placed in the middle. A small room requires a more ergonomic approach. In this case, bunk beds come to the rescue, which can save a lot of space. A square room allows the beds to be placed parallel to each other or at right angles against the wall, which visually highlights the sleeping and play areas, even in a small room.
- Multifunctional mobile furniture can be a lifesaver in small rooms: roll-out beds, transformable tables, folding sofas allow for a small amount of time to make a partial rearrangement in the room.
- The play area will be incomplete if there is no carpet for two girls in it, which will not require a lot of effort to care for it.
- Children's bedroom should be bright and sunny … The lack of natural light can be compensated for by decorating walls and furniture in light pastel colors or with photo wallpapers with large light patterns.
- A large mirror will also add light to the room, but the best option is to have their own "personal" mirror for each girl, as this can prevent certain conflicts during the "beauty guidance".
- Individual night light or dimmable lamps - one of the solutions to the problem of different regimens in children. Modern manufacturers offer a wide range of night lights in the form of butterflies, stars, cartoon or fairy-tale characters, which will create a special fairy-tale reality for little princesses in the dark.
- From the point of view of child psychologists, delicate light shades are ideal colors for decorating a nursery. olive, apricot, pink, mint, pistachio, golden or peach color. You can complement the design by decorating the interior with bright elements: pictures, ruffles, wall stickers or colorful furniture. Bright reds, purples, or blues can cause aggression or depression, so don't overdo them.
- Glossy stretch ceiling will visually expand the space and provide a field for creativity, as sisters can easily paint or decorate with stickers, depicting a bright sky or the light of night stars.
- "Girly" accessories will noticeably enliven the bedroom. For this purpose, soft toys, flowers, photographs, crafts, posters with stars, favorite discs and much more that are included in the list of favorite things for daughters can serve.
- Baskets and toy boxes will help maintain order in the room, boxes for small things or hanging organizers that will not allow a younger girl to reach for an older girl's personal belongings.
The most important thing when decorating a bedroom for two girls is that each of them feels cozy, comfortable and in no case does any of them feel deprived of love and parental care.
In the next video, see even more bedroom interior design ideas for two girls.