A children's room is a cozy nest for a child. Therefore, it should be not only a place to relax, but also a play and work area. It should have a place for receiving small guests and games. And most importantly, this place must be safe in all respects.
Decorating a nursery is an interesting process in which not only parents should be involved, but also the children themselves. Their opinion is decisive in interior design, of course, if their age suggests their own opinion.
Design options for different areas
Both the decoration and the arrangement of furniture depend on the size of the room. After all, if space is limited, then you will have to choose compact furniture and a minimum of accessories.
Even in a small room of 8 sq. m. you can create a cozy corner that will meet all the needs of the child. The main thing is to prioritize, and only then deal with the arrangement of furniture. For such an area, it is important to visually raise the ceilings and expand the walls.
To make the room appear larger, you need to use only light colors, such as white, beige and milky colors. It is good if there will be a large mirror hanging on the wall or the wall panels will be with a mirrored reflection.
As for furniture, it is better to choose a sofa or a transforming chair. When folded, they take up little space, which is a huge plus. Furniture stores sell baby chairs of any shape and design to please the little customer.
If we talk about the design option for a bedroom for children with an area of 12-15 squares, then there are more options. In such a room, it is easier to arrange pieces of furniture and you will not have to save on them. It can easily fit a child's bed, a desk, a wardrobe and a chest with toys.
In interior design, you can use unusual color combinations in textiles and upholstery. For a girl, the ideal solution would be the presence of floral patterns and lace, and for a boy, geometric shapes and clarity of lines are preferable. Of course, it all depends on the age and the number of children living in the room.
Features of the layout
The area of the room does not always allow you to make the design you like in it. For example, in "Khrushchev" usually narrow rooms, and their size is not intended for scope. Therefore, residents have to go to some tricks that can improve the quality of the space.
One of the best layouts in a kid's room is to set up a podium. You can install a bed or a sofa on it, and make storage boxes in a niche. This saves a lot of space, so a podium room is a pragmatic way to plan a room.
Another interesting option is combining a room with a balcony. This is especially useful for a small nursery, in which, apart from the necessary pieces of furniture, nothing else will fit.
An insulated balcony can become a play area, gym or study area. The main thing is that the glazed balcony is well heated and illuminated.
If the renovation of the nursery is started in a wooden house, then it is important not to lose the individuality of the home.It is better not to repaint or cover wooden walls with wallpaper, but rather just walk with furniture varnish. You can decorate the walls with paintings or photographs that will add comfort to the room.
All interior items should be made of natural materials so as not to get out of the general style. The bed is placed near the window so that the sun's rays help wake up in the morning.
To make the interior bright, you can use baby bedding with cartoon characters or colorful bedspreads and pillowcases.
Interior for children: subtleties
In the interior of a children's room, the interests of children are primarily taken into account. Adult children will express their dreams and fantasies about how they see their personal space. And for kids, parents themselves will choose the style and arrangement of furniture.
The most important aspect of a children's room is a unique and vibrant design that will not make you bored. In such a room it will be interesting to play, relax and bring friends. Therefore, the room should be furnished with objects that emphasize the individuality of the child. For example, a collection of cars or airplanes.
You can also emphasize the style with the help of various decorations. It can be funny stickers, lamps of unusual shapes, panels, wallpaper and a stretch ceiling with a three-dimensional pattern. In such an environment, any child will feel like a full-fledged owner of his own place.
The walls in the nursery can be decorated with a painting or drawing on the entire wall. By painting the walls with their own hands, parents will not only create an unusual and unique design, but also put their soul into it. This process is especially interesting with the participation of the smallest owner of the room. The handprints of all family members are original wall decorations.
The colors in the nursery can be absolutely any, because children love brightness. For girls, the room can be pink or lilac. A rainbow in the design will look very unusual: bed linen, curtains or a pattern on the wallpaper. For boys, Turkish flora or sea waves are suitable in combination with light green chairs - pears.
As for the style, there are no specific recommendations. It all depends on the general style of the apartment or house, the opinions of parents and children, as well as financial capabilities.
Classic style is preferable for a children's room.… It assumes an abundance of light colors and natural materials. This option is safe for the child's health and does not affect his psyche. A bedroom in a classic style with bright accents is ideal for a child.
Another interesting option is Provence. He is known for his love of light pastel colors and light aged furniture. It intertwines floral motifs with porcelain or ceramics.
As for the furniture, it should be not only colorful, but also practical to use. Now in furniture stores there are new items of children's headsets, which have a fairly simple assembly. Parents can choose furniture sets of any color and material.
Projects by age
The age of the child plays a huge role in the decor of the sleeping area. After all, what is suitable for a newborn baby is not at all suitable for a schoolchild.
- For baby the main thing in the room is the presence of a strong cot, which must have strong sides. If you wish, you can hang an electronic mobile over it, which will interest almost any child. Also, the room should have a changing table, children's wardrobe and toys.
- For preschool children in the room, in addition to a solid bed, there should be his own table, at which he will draw, paint, sculpt from plasticine and read books. It is important that the child has his own chest of drawers with toys and educational games. This way he will feel significant and develop.
- At the schoolboy the priorities are completely different.For him, the main thing in the nursery is the presence of a comfortable working area, which should have everything you need and be well lit. Indeed, in this part of the room, he will spend most of his free time. But do not forget about hobbies - sports equipment and designers must be present in the room.
Feng Shui decoration
It is possible to comfortably equip the children's area according to all the rules of Feng Shui, which has long become popular in our country. Following his recommendations, you can create a harmonious and cozy nest in which each element will have its own meaning.
In Feng Shui, you cannot put a bunk bed in the room, because the one who sleeps on top is in a suspended energy state. And this negatively affects his health. You cannot buy both a hanging bed and a sofa on wheels. The bed should only be a place to relax, and on for games.
There should not be any bulky objects above the bed, and she herself should stand farther from the window. It is believed that voluminous objects put pressure on the sleeping person with their energy, and a closely located window will not allow quality rest. If there is nowhere to move the berth, then blackout curtains or blinds need to be hung on the window.
A very bad sign is the location of the bed opposite the door. Worse still, decorations made from stuffed animals. Better to replace them with landscape paintings.
To prevent the child from getting sick, Feng Shui recommends removing all mirrors and blue tones from the room.
Original and practical ideas
Experienced designers advise adhering to a number of rules that will help make the nursery a comfortable area for the child
- If there is a baby in the house, then it is advisable, in addition to your own room, to make a children's corner in the parents' bedroom.
- For schoolchildren it is better to set up a sleeping place by the window to make it easier for him to wake up in the morning.
- Children's room should be equipped with a work area, in which the child will engage in lessons and creativity.
- If adjacent to the nursery balcony, then it can be make it a playground or sports ground.
- Walls, ceiling and floor there should be in the nursery painted with non-toxic interior paintthat will be resistant to moisture and damage.
- Better out of children's space remove items that collect dust… These are carpets, many soft toys, artificial fabric.
- All surfaces must be cleanable, therefore, it is better to lay parquet on the floor, and glue washing wallpaper on the walls.
- Do not hang bulky items above the bed.to eliminate the likelihood of them falling on the baby.
- To create a multi-functional space, you need use modular or built-in furniture.
- One of the walls can be painted with washable paint or put up a special board on which the young artist can draw in peace.
Renovation for several children
Arranging a nursery for one child is an easy job, since the area is quite enough to accommodate everything you need. And if the family has two or more children, and there is only one children's room, then there are not so many design ideas.
Equipping a bedroom for two children is a tricky task, especially if they are of different genders. Getting creative will help solve the repair problem.
The best option for a small room is a bunk bed. It takes up little space and looks interesting. Some models provide storage shelves to save space. But for bunk beds, ceilings of at least 2.5 m are needed so that the child has enough ventilated air on the top shelf.
In a spacious room, you can install a podium, on which there will be a bunk bed afterwards. Drawers can be built into a niche and lighting can be installed around its perimeter.
If the room has a good quadrature, then two single beds can be installed for children, which will be located parallel to each other.For two brothers or sisters, this option is most suitable because it will make it easier for them to communicate before going to bed.
If there are two children of different sexes in the room, then a screen can be installed between the beds. She will create a sense of a barrier so that the children do not interfere with each other's personal affairs.
It is much more difficult to arrange a children's area for three or more children than for one child. After all, the room should have three functional areas: work, play and recreation area. In furniture stores, special children's slides and beds are sold, providing for a small area of \ u200b \ u200bthe room. Here are some of the design details:
- For three children, you can purchase a bunk bed with an extra bed on the bottom shelf. This is also convenient in terms of space saving, because in the daytime this shelf is retracted and free space is obtained.
- If there are three or four children, you can put 3-4 chairs in the room. This is also practical from the point of view of saving space, because at night they turn into full-fledged sleeping places, and when folded, they practically do not take up space during the day. '
- The desktop for several children should be as large as possible, it is possible to use a transforming table. It will also save space.
- If you think over all the nuances in advance, then even at the stage of renovation you can make a large podium, from which three or four beds will be put forward.
- And in a room with high ceilings, you can put a three-tiered bed. This will save most of the floor space, and therefore there will be a lot of space for games.
Designing a children's area for children is not an easy task, especially if there are several of them and they are of different sexes. It is important to correctly prioritize and highlight the main area that will take the main place in the room. In addition, the color direction and design solutions are important, which will make the stay of children in the room comfortable and cozy.
Organizing a space for three or more children is not easy, but if you use innovative technologies, then all children can be placed in the same area. The main thing is to rationally use square meters and take into account the wishes of children.
And here is what a children's room looks like through the eyes of a "little princess".