Children grow up very quickly, and the years fly by like an instant. It seems that the child was born only yesterday, and you, with love and care, furnished the nursery for him: glued wallpaper with interesting animals, bought soft toys, purchased children's furniture for arranging the room.
And so your baby grew up before our eyes, became a teenager. It has already outgrown the usual furnishings of a child's room - it's time to think about arranging a room for a teenager. Adolescence is a serious stage in your child's life, as he learns to make decisions and express his own opinion. Therefore, when equipping a room for a girl or for a teenage boy, take into account their interests, tastes and preferences.
Requirements for teenage furniture
There are some features that are typical for the purchase of furniture for teenagers:
- Functionality and ergonomics - a large number of textbooks, books, notebooks, teaching aids and other school supplies should easily fit.
- In the production of furniture for teenagers, environmentally friendly materials should be used that do not cause allergic reactions, do not contain harmful and life-threatening substances.
- Stylish and fashionable design - at this age, children develop a sense of taste and style, so it is necessary to maintain and develop this quality in every possible way. If trendy or modern elements are used in the room, the teenager will be happy and proud to show them to friends.
- Saving space - a teenager's room should not be cluttered with furniture. There should be enough space for games and gatherings with friends.
- Spaciousness is especially characteristic of girl's wardrobes, since a young lady has a large number of outfits that need to be placed somewhere.
A child in adolescence spends more time studying and practicing. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully equip the workplace
Ideally, the teenager's workspace should be equipped with the following types of furniture:
- A writing table at which the child will do homework, read books and prepare for additional activities.
- A computer desk at which a teenager will work at a computer or laptop.
- Chairs for writing and computer desks.
- Various devices for storing school supplies and things necessary for classes: shelves, drawers, lockers.
It's good if the children's room is quite spacious, and two tables for a teenager can easily fit in it. Often, the area of the room is limited and the writing, and the computer desk is combined into one working element.
When choosing a desk for a teenager's room, remember that it should be convenient and comfortable for your child to work on it:
- The width and length of the table top should accommodate all necessary school supplies. There should be space for a computer monitor or laptop, which must be positioned without compromising the work space on the table. The most suitable parameters: width from 60 cm, length from 1.2 meters.
- The height of the table should be comfortable and comfortable for the teenager. The child's back should not be constantly in tension, otherwise he will get tired quickly, and health problems may arise in the future. The best option is if the child's hands lie freely on the table, and the shoulders are not very raised, and not very lowered.
A teenager's desktop should have a stylish and modern design. An interesting option is desks for teenagers, whose height is adjustable. It can be a godsend for you and your child. You will save money on buying different tables as your child grows. It will be convenient and comfortable for a teenager to sit behind him, it is enough to adjust his height as soon as the boy or girl grows up a little.
The teenager's desk can be installed in the corner, next to the window. You make the most of your space. Corner models of desks are distinguished by increased ergonomics and spaciousness. In addition, there will always be a source with natural light next to the teenager's workplace.
Take a closer look at the L-shaped writing desk. A teenager can use one part of this table to do homework, and place a laptop on the other.
When purchasing a desk for a teenager, do not forget about a chair. It is not as difficult to decide on chairs as on a table:
- Give preference to models that can increase in height.
- The chair should have an ergonomic backrest that will support the correct posture of the child during exercise.
- It is better not to purchase models with armrests, since leaning on them for a long time, the child can disturb his posture, and this will negatively affect his health.
Sleep, as well as at an early age, plays an important role in the restoration of the child's vital functions. In order for him to sleep peacefully, the sleeping place should be comfortable and comfortable for rest. A child in adolescence is already catching up with an adult in all respects, so a bedroom set should take this into account.
There are a large number of types of sleeping furniture for teenagers: a classic bed, an ergonomic sofa or sofa, transformer sleeping places
If the space of the children's room is limited, you can purchase a bed with a table, this model is also called a loft bed. Upstairs there is a sleeping place with a bed, and downstairs there is a workspace with a desk and additional elements in the form of drawers and shelves.
This bed with a table will save you precious space, but keep in mind that the desk will be away from natural light sources. Be sure to equip your workspace with artificial lighting, such as a desk lamp or built-in lighting.
Make sure your teen has a roomy closet for clothes and shoes. You can equip the children's room with various shelves or racks, where all the necessary things will be located. When every thing has its place, it teaches the child to order.
For a teenage girl, it may be relevant to purchase a dressing table where she can tidy up her appearance and store cosmetics, combs, elastic bands, hairpins and other accessories. There are desk options combined with a dressing table.
As a teenager, a child will want their own TV or audio system. Make sure that there is a place for household appliances in the children's room.
The space of the children's room should not be too cluttered with furniture. The child can invite friends to the room, who will need to settle down somewhere. The child should have enough space not only to move around the room, but also for active games. Indeed, despite their ostentatious adulthood, adolescents still remain children.