Any sofa looks better than a bed. It wins hearts with design, interesting and beautiful upholstery fabric, and most importantly - functionality. The market is replete with models with a variety of mechanisms, among which the leading position is occupied by transformers.
The model consists of three parts. Two, gathered in an accordion, form a back, one - a seat. In order to turn the sofa into a sleeping place, you need to slightly raise the seat and pull it towards you. The accordion will straighten out and all three of its components form a spacious bed. The principle of operation really resembles the musical instrument that formed the name of this sofa.
The length of the berth in children's accordion sofas ranges from 190 to 210 cm.
Converting a bed into a sofa is also simple: the seat rises until it clicks and drops down; the mechanism comes into action, it remains only to press on the middle and assemble the sofa into an accordion.
The model has the following advantages:
- Functionality … When unfolded, the accordion sofa is an impressive bed, on which it is very comfortable to sleep. When assembled, it is compact and takes up little space. Such furniture is indispensable for a small-sized nursery.
- Ease of operation. Transforming a sofa is not difficult. Even a child can handle this.
- Orthopedic components … Often a sofa with an accordion mechanism is equipped with a metal frame, in which orthopedic wood panels are mounted. They are called lamellas or lamellas. The battens provide maximum sleep comfort. Another orthopedic element of "accordions" is a mattress. A sofa with an orthopedic mattress is ideal furniture for a child who has not yet formed a skeleton. A mattress that is too hard or soft can cause a curvature of the spine. Orthopedic will not negatively affect the health of the child.
- Ease of maintenance. Removable covers for accordion sofas make it easy to clean. This moment is most relevant, since children often show carelessness, staining the upholstery with paints, pencils, chocolate, juice, etc. If the cover is completely unusable, it is easy to replace it by ordering a new one. To change the style of the nursery, you also do not need to purchase a new sofa. It will be successfully replaced by the old one, but with a different cover corresponding to the new design of the room.
The model name corresponds to the mechanism of its unfolding. In this case, the seats of the sofa behave like pages in a book.
The back of the eurobook is folding. To turn a sofa into a bed, you should raise and pull out its seat. And occupy the vacant niche with a back, lowering it.
The sleeping place of such a sofa is formed by two components, which form a smooth, comfortable surface, which is important for the child's body.
The Eurobook sofa is a classic that allows you to equip the nursery in the best way, thanks to the following advantages:
- The size. The peculiarity of this model is that it takes up little space even when unfolded, in contrast to the same "accordion", which forms a real huge sleeping plateau.
- The presence of a compartment for storing things. A sofa with a box for linen is a must for a small nursery, where it is difficult to find a place for a large closet that can hold clothes, bedding, hats, etc.etc.
- Versatility … With this model, you can create a nursery in any style by choosing the appropriate color for the sofa upholstery fabric.
- The cost … The transformation mechanism of the Eurobook is quite simple. The consequence of this is the price attractiveness of the model, which almost any family can afford.
- Variety of options. Design developments are striking in their abundance. There are straight and angular eurobooks, without armrests, with one armrest, with a table.
Transformer into a bunk bed
A sofa that turns into a bed is familiar to us. However, there are sofas that can be transformed into a bed with two tiers. This model is characterized by a pronounced eccentricity.
The advantages of the two-tier model are obvious. The structure unfolds upwards. Therefore, it saves space by providing sleeping space for two children, while occupying an area equal to a folded sofa.
The sofa is completely safe for the child. It can support 150 kg. Plus, it has a lot of amenities:
- ladder to climb to the second floor of the bed;
- a side that will not allow the child to fall off the upper tier during sleep;
- soft headrests, backs, footrests.
When choosing a two-tiered transforming sofa, consider the age of the children. The length of the resting place for a 10-year-old child should be 160 cm with a width of 70 cm. An older child needs dimensions of 200x90 cm. If the children in the family are of different ages, then the older child should be guided.
A bunk sofa must be strong and sturdy. In this regard, one should not give preference to models made of MDF, chipboard. This material is ideal only for drawers and shelves, but not for sleeping space. And, although such a sofa costs less than one made of natural wood, in this case it is better to overpay than to buy low-quality furniture. Pay attention to the stairs. The safest is a staircase with flat steps.
Before making a purchase, test it: assemble and disassemble the structure; sit and even lie on it. Thus, you can feel how comfortable this model is and whether it is worth buying for children.
Decide in advance on the cost. This will make it easier to navigate the abundance of the lineup and narrow down your search, optimizing your time.
Convertible sofas are wonderful furniture designed for small rooms. She will not only please the child, but also save space that a small nursery lacks.
Due to the variety of designs and colors of the upholstery fabric, you can choose a sofa in accordance with the interior and create an amazing place where the child will be happy to spend his free time.