A children's room is not a simple room, it is the world or even the universe of a child. The atmosphere in the children's room should be positive, warm, kind and cozy. Today, parents have the maximum opportunity to equip the room in such a way that their child would feel comfortable there and so that it would be interesting and exciting to spend time there.
What is needed for the complete arrangement of a child's room? Good and practical renovation, high-quality and durable furniture, original textiles, decorative filling corresponding to the general theme.
What are the criteria for choosing furniture for a children's room? Excellent quality, safety and environmental friendliness, ergonomics and high functionality, practicality and reliability, strength and durability, brightness and colorfulness of external design, originality, children's theme.
Crib or sofa? Probably almost every parent is faced with such a choice problem. If cradles or cots are most often purchased for small children, sofas are more suitable for children from three years old and older.
Features and Benefits
Furniture stores offer customers a huge range of sofas for children. There are several options for folding mechanisms. However, the most popular in terms of functionality and practicality are called sofas with a roll-out mechanism.
The roll-out mechanism is one of the easiest in domestic use, you just need to pull the special loop forward or sideways to transform the sofa into a full-fledged sleeping place. Moreover, this type of mechanism is characterized by high strength, on average it is designed for thousands of transformations.
Advantages of sofas for a children's room:
- Wide model range with the possibility of choosing a product according to the age and gender of the child.
- Functionality: During the day, the sofa can be used for rest and play of the child, and at night it can be transformed into a full-fledged sleeping place. The presence of internal shelves or drawers allows rationality to use space in the room, hiding toys and bedding in the sofa.
- Compactness. Unlike a regular bed, a folded sofa does not take up much space in the room.
- Safety and ergonomics. Soft and pleasant to the touch upholstery, rounded corners, sofa cushions - all this will protect the child from accidental injuries.
Disadvantages of sofas versus beds:
- The bed is more comfortable for the child's spine, which is still being formed.
- Any mechanism, regardless of the level of quality and strength, breaks down over time and requires repair or complete replacement.
- The daily process of folding and unfolding the sofa can be annoying and tiring for a child.
Shapes and models
When choosing a sofa for a children's room, you must not only carefully understand the mechanism of its operation, but also decide on the appearance. For an adult, the most important criteria for choosing furniture will be quality, strength and functionality.
Children think very differently. Play, fantasy, fiction are important to them. Therefore, it is better to purchase furniture with a child in the nursery. If this is not possible, then you need to rely as much as possible on the wishes and requirements of your own children. Children's furniture should be children's! These are bright prints, rich colors, original drawings, unique design. Crumbs will surely like Filya's crib, Mishka, Alice and cribs with other equally interesting names and prints corresponding to the name.
When buying a sofa for a child under three years old, you should take a closer look at the compact and small-sized roll-out mini models. The best option would be a transforming chair in the shape of a bunny, bear cub, tiger, mouse, baby elephant, etc. For older children, manufacturers of children's furniture offer not only frontal, but also corner sofas. Also today, sofas of original design are in high demand: a flower, a castle, a carriage, a dollhouse will be an excellent addition to the little princess's room; a boat, a racing car, a tractor, a train will appeal to any boy.
The upholstery of a roll-out sofa for children's upholstered furniture should be made of durable and wear-resistant fabrics. It is important that the material is easy to clean, maintains its shape and color. You should refuse from velor, micro-corduroy and flock. These fabrics look beautiful on modern sofas, but they are not suitable for a child's room, where furniture is actively used by little explorers of the world and space.
The most successful will be upholstery with a Teflon-coated fabric. This protective layer does not absorb moisture, is easy to clean and does not require special maintenance. Also a good option is furniture makers called chenille upholstery, which is resistant to various stains.
The child's sleeping place should be moderately hard, hypoallergenic and safe. The child is growing, his body and internal organs are still being formed. In order for the posture to be correct, it is important to thoughtfully approach the choice of the filler for the child's sleeping place.
The main two types of internal filling of a sleeping place for a children's roll-out sofa:
- polyurethane foam;
- spring block.
Polyurethane foam is of excellent quality, moderate degree of rigidity, hypoallergenic and hygroscopic. The peculiarity of this material is that it easily takes the shape of the body and also quickly recovers after.
The spring block is of two types: dependent and independent. Dependent block - all springs are monolithic, interconnected. Such a filler is not suitable for a growing child's body. Independent block - each spring is installed separately in a special "bag". This arrangement of springs inside is suitable for a children's sofa.
How to choose
The abundance of goods for children's rooms provides an opportunity for parents to choose the most suitable and successful option. Today, almost every furniture manufacturing company develops and produces original and interesting models for children. How to choose a children's sofa with a roll-out mechanism? What characteristics need to be considered?
Criteria for choosing a children's roll-out sofa:
- strength and reliability of the transformation mechanism;
- use of high-quality materials, availability of components, if necessary, replacement;
- environmental friendliness and safety of the materials used;
- ergonomics, absence of sharp corners and hard surfaces on which the child can get hurt;
- practicality and functionality;
- design (upholstery option, colors, shape and model, according to the age and gender of the child);
- the correct dimensions of the bed (on average, the width is 60-80 cm, the length is 50 cm more for the height of the child);
- no differences in the height of the berth;
- the correct stiffness of the berth;
- version of the inner filler, its strength and durability.
Interesting solutions in interior design
The brighter the furniture design, the more the child will like it. Children like everything unusual and original. Therefore, sofas in the form of various fairy-tale or cartoon characters, animals, technology, castles, princesses began to be in great demand among the younger generation. When decorating a children's room, you can adhere to a single style in everything, or, on the contrary, you can highlight certain interior items, focusing on them.
For example, a room in soothing pastel colors and upholstered furniture in bright rainbow colors will make the room colorful and interesting. The roll-out sofa carriage can be played in a room styled like a beautiful princess castle, while a sofa car will look great against the backdrop of a room in the style of a racing track or city traffic.