Often, coming to the store, new parents are lost in the presence of a huge selection of children's furniture. Particularly surprising is the range of prices for it. Indeed, the range of furniture for children is huge, and before buying this or that item, you should clearly understand what exactly your baby needs, where to arrange it all and how one bed differs from another.
Every baby who has just been born absolutely needs a minimum set of furniture.
There are several types of cribs for newborns:
Cradle. This is a very compact bed, in appearance it resembles a cradle. Depending on the price, it can be completed with various hanging toys, as well as a box for children's wardrobe. There are modern models of cradles with a remote control and wheels for moving around the house. However, these cribs only last for a few months. As the baby grows up, it will become cramped in it and will have to buy a new bed. Therefore, if you are on a tight budget, it is better to purchase a more functional bed that will last your child for several years
Classic model. The parents of the baby themselves slept in such cribs. Most often they are made of wood. Metal specimens are less common
For the convenience of the mother, one of the sides has a removable upper part. It can be lowered to pick up or put the baby. Also, the bed is adjustable in height and as the baby grows, the bottom drops so that the baby can stand in it and not fall out. Sometimes such a crib has a lower drawer for toys or baby things.
In such a crib, a baby can sleep up to three years, and sometimes even longer. On top of the crib, you can install a canopy and put a changing board. The baby in this crib can be rocked by moving it on wheels or rocking it like a cradle. This model looks very ascetic, without unnecessary details and bells and whistles, but very functional and practical. As a rule, pendant and musical toys and other cute trinkets are not supplied with it. However, the price for it is very democratic, and toys can be bought later or ordered as at for a newborn.
- The transformer bed is made of natural wood. These cribs for newborns are immediately supplied with a chest of drawers for linen and a changing table. This crib grows with the baby and lengthens. Some models can be converted into a desk. Among the disadvantages are the high cost and the ability to increase only in length. An older child will feel cramped in it. In addition, not all transformer models have a reclining wall, which is so necessary for mom.
- The bed is a playpen. In it, the child can not only sleep, but also play. The set includes a changing board, a hanging mechanism with toys and a mosquito net. The crib frame is metal, covered with natural fabric. It is easily disassembled, which allows you to take it with you on a trip. However, it is not without its drawbacks. A construction that is too light can be dangerous - the baby can also easily turn it over. In addition, the baby cannot be rocked in such cribs.
Baby changing table
They are also found in different types
- Folding table. Mobile option for a small apartment. Consists of a table top with protective sides and folding metal legs. In the lower part there is a shelf for hygiene items.Some of the models have a built-in bath. The disadvantages of this design include its unreliability and low functionality. Thin legs on an uneven floor are very unstable, and one shelf is clearly not enough for storing children's things.
- Hanging (wall) version of the changing table. It attaches to a wall or other vertical surface. Some models have small built-in cabinets for small items such as cream or powder. For diapers and other things, a separate wardrobe or chest of drawers is required.
- Changing board is a completely mobile and budget option. It is good because it can be easily placed on the crib and also easily removed with the baby. The board can be safely placed on any horizontal surface. It has a wooden frame, and the top is upholstered with foam rubber and waterproof fabric.
You will also need a wardrobe or chest of drawers to store children's things. All children's furniture, including a wardrobe with a chest of drawers, should be made exclusively from natural materials so as not to cause allergic reactions in the baby. Colorless varnish is used as a coating for such furniture. It is considered safe for a fragile child's body, and therefore safe.
Often a chest of drawers or wardrobe is combined into one set with a bed. These storage systems can have multiple drawers that can be swapped and positioned on either side of the bed. There are models of cots with a wardrobe, which, being transformed, form the second floor.
No crib is unthinkable without a mattress. Since the baby spends most of the day immediately after birth, it is impossible to save on the mattress. The best option for a baby mattress is an orthopedic mattress with a coconut backing. Such a mattress provides the newborn with the correct sleeping position and, as a result, restful, healthy sleep.
Crib mattresses must have a special fireproof impregnation, which would also protect against dust and insects. In addition, the children's mattress must be breathable and waterproof.
Chair for babies
The folding highchair can be adjusted in height for all its elements. It is very convenient to store it - when folded, it fits easily behind the door. Such a chair can be used from the first months of complementary feeding and up to three years. Often these chairs have wheels for easy movement around the apartment. Adjustable table top, leg rest and harness system will guarantee safety for your child.
A booster is a small chair that attaches to an adult chair. It also has a table top and a seat belt. You can take it with you to a cafe or any other place.
The hanging chair is fixed on a regular dining table. In this case, the tabletop must be very stable. This version of the chair has a weight limit and is intended for children under one year old.
The transforming chair is multifunctional and comfortable. The most common options are a chair and a table. There is also a bassinet in which you can sleep with the back down.