Advantages of the model
The children's corner sofa is very popular these days, as it has a lot of advantages over a regular sofa. One of its main advantages is the ability to fit into a corner, thereby expanding the space of the room, which is a great advantage. Children love outdoor games that require as much space as possible.
The corner sofa is functional. During the day, the child will turn it into a place to play. If friends come to visit, they will also have a place to stay. At night, the sofa with a sleeping place is transformed into a comfortable and spacious place to relax. A bed of this size would take extra squares of the room and the children would simply have nowhere to go about their business.
Some corner models are formed by component parts, thanks to which it is easy to change the configuration of the sofa, to fit it into almost any corner, that is, to make it left or right.
Sofas for children are more durable and of high quality in comparison with adults. Children are very fond of turning furniture into places of their battles and games. That is why furniture for the nursery is distinguished by increased durability, from the structure itself to the upholstery material.
Often, corner models have hidden drawers where it is convenient to store bed linen and baby's belongings. This is a definite plus, especially if there is not enough space for a large closet in the children's room.
By purchasing a corner sofa for a child's room, you solve a lot of problems, while saving a considerable amount. This type of furniture successfully replaces a bed and a sofa at the same time. Agree, it is expensive to purchase them separately.
Children's sofas are striking in their variety of colors. Therefore, there will be no particular difficulty with the choice
When purchasing a sofa for the nursery, pay attention to several important points that will make the purchase optimal
- Decide for what purpose you need a corner sofa: for sleeping or having fun. Choose a sofa for sleeping with a roll-out design. She is the most convenient and easy to use.
- Examine the furniture carefully. It must be stable. Irregularities under the upholstery, sharp corners - all this should not be present in a quality product.
- If the sofa is intended for sleeping, then the surface of the berth should be flat, comfortable and moderately hard. Do not purchase models that consist of separate pillows.
- The ideal filler is polyurethane foam. It will easily take the shape of a child's body. And after the night, the surface of the sofa will quickly become flat again. Spring block sofas are completely unsuitable for a sofa in a nursery. Sleeping on them is uncomfortable.
- The upholstery fabric must be durable, otherwise it will quickly deteriorate, because children are such fidgets. Sliding fabric is also unacceptable for children's furniture.
- The height of the child and the size of the sofa must be in full accordance. The sleeping part should be half a meter larger than the child's height.
- Choose a sofa with a basic interior in mind. A sofa with "floral" upholstery will suit the country style.
If we take the type of construction as the basis for the classification, then the following types of corner sofas are distinguished:
- Sofa module. It is formed by its constituent parts or modules. Each such segment can be painted in different colors, which will delight the child. Plus, the interior of such a nursery is easy to change by changing the location of the segments and adjusting them to the room.
- Monolith. The corner and main parts of such a sofa are firmly fastened together. This design is the best option for a nursery, as it is reliable, stable and simple.
- Transformer. A feature of the model is the ability to turn into a bed due to a separate part hidden inside, which can be easily pulled out if necessary. This is the perfect solution for a small nursery.
Depending on the shape, children's sofas come in the form:
- Vehicle … Such models look very interesting. In the boy's room, you can put a corner sofa in the shape of a ship, a car, or a train. They look like huge toys, have decorative elements in the form of wheels, a steering wheel, etc. Often there is a soft wall in such structures. Such sofas will help to decorate the nursery in the same style, for example, marine or automotive.
- Beasts … Models will fit perfectly into a girl's room. For example, a sofa in the shape of a dog with long ears or a crocodile. The mouth of the "animal" opens and provides a convenient storage compartment. Often, plush toy heads are placed in the corner of the sofa, serving as a kind of pillow.
- Houses, fortresses. A sofa in the shape of a medieval castle is equally good for a boy and a girl. The girl will feel like a real princess, and the boy will feel like a medieval knight or king. Bright upholstery fabric, decorative elements in the form of coats of arms and banners - all this will appeal to any child. House sofas are no less interesting. They carry your little one to a country house with carved window frames, apple orchard, flower meadow.
The nursery should be a favorite place for the child. His desires and preferences will help make her so
Room for a girl of 8-10 years old. Position the corner sofa so that the corner forms a natural barrier that separates the wardrobe from the play area.
Wardrobes and shelves in the corners of the room will become a place where a young lady will arrange her books, souvenirs, toys. The walls can be decorated with photographs, pendant toys.
As for the color scheme, keep it in pastel colors, since the room already has enough of everything bright and colorful, which the owner of the room has surrounded herself with.
Room for a teenager … Teenagers are often expressive, love the unusual, individual. For arranging such a nursery, a white sofa with multi-colored blots that imitate an artist's costume is suitable. Its corner placement will save space.
We decorate the walls with a collage of photographs, posters - everything that is so interesting in adolescence.
A bright accent will be the red carpet, which echoes the color of the furniture.
Bright nursery. Bright decor textiles and a blue sofa, on which colorful pillows are snug, will help make the nursery a fabulous place.
Vertical print curtains will visually make the room look taller, and a disco-style ball lamp will add dynamics. This option is good for a room with ledges, niches, non-standard walls and ceilings.
Design tips for a narrow nursery
The corner sofa is simply made for narrow rooms. Children's room is no exception. But in order for it to really blend into the interior, follow the designers' advice:
- To make the room visually square, use different colors and textures. Wallpaper with a large print will help with this.
- Wall murals expand the boundaries of space. Landscapes with paths extending into the depths are especially good in this regard. The room immediately seems larger.
- For flooring, it is better to choose light shades. Laminate must be laid across the room.
- If possible, do not force windows. Let them be open.
- Place the corner sofa so that the longest section is along the width of the room.