The sofa is a bed in the children's room. Advantages and disadvantages
In order to save space in the children's room, many parents choose not an ordinary bed, but a sofa bed. Should you buy it?
When choosing a sofa - bed, carefully study all its advantages and disadvantages. Indeed, like any other furniture, it should be safe and comfortable for a child to use.
- Compactness. Normally, the sofa bed takes up little space. This is great for a small room.
- Multifunctionality. The sofa bed can be used as a sofa - a place for entertainment and reading, and as a bed - a place to sleep.
- Material. Usually, a sofa bed is made of soft materials. It is comfortable to sit and lie on, and the child will not hit the wooden walls that a regular bed has. Unless, of course, the sofa does not have armrests.
- Storage system. Inside the sofa-bed there is always a place where you can remove bedding after sleeping.
- The folding mechanism can break, while the bed will definitely not have such a problem.
- The daily dismantling and assembly of a sofa is a tedious process. Not all children will want to fold the sofa bed all the time.
- Lack of mattress. The surface of the sofa is not perfectly flat, so it is not always comfortable to sleep on it.
Currently, furniture stores offer a wide range of sofas - beds that are equipped with an orthopedic berth. Its functionality is the same as that of orthopedic bed mattresses.
The main criteria for choosing
When choosing a sofa, parents should pay attention to the quality of the sofa - the bed, its safety and functional properties.
It is for these parameters that you need to choose children's furniture
- Quality. The frame of the sofa should be made of good finished wood. The sofa must hide the fastening system and the folding mechanism so that children do not get into the structure and do not get injured. The fabric should consist of natural ingredients so that the child does not develop allergies. True, such upholstery will often have to be cleaned, because children often eat on the couch or draw. Therefore, when purchasing a sofa made of natural fabric, immediately buy a cover for it. It is easy to put on and take off, and its design can be quite varied.
- Functionality… The sofa bed should be easy to fold out and assemble so that the child himself can cope with this task. The mechanism must be strong so that even after many years it will be in good working order.
- Security… The materials from which the sofa is made must be natural.
- Price. A good sofa - a bed is not cheap, but one such sofa will last much longer than a cheap one. If an inexpensive sofa is often laid out and folded for sleeping and playing, then it will very soon become unusable. Therefore, you need to choose a sofa - a bed with an orthopedic berth at a high price.
- Manufacturer… Foreign sofas - beds are designed for occasional use. They are usually placed in guest rooms. Therefore, you need to buy sofas from domestic manufacturers. They are designed for daily use, and therefore will not break.
Sofa - book is a very popular sofa model. It is possible to rest and sleep on it, even if the sofa is folded. Unfolding sofa. They lay it out like this: lift the lid until it clicks, then release it. The sofa is folded in the same way: raise the lid and lower it when clicked.The disadvantage of the sofa - the book is that when folding it you will need to move it to the wall, and when it is laid out, on the contrary, you will have to move it first
Sofa - couch… This type of sofa is suitable for a small nursery, because it is very compact. If desired, it can be turned into a bed. The back wall of this sofa is beveled to complement the interior. He has a large area to clean the bedding. Sofa - couch stands on legs or on a frame. Some models are equipped with armrests. A huge plus of such a sofa is that it is made of durable materials and it is not easy to spoil or damage it
Sofa - armchair… Another way to save space. This sofa is equipped with an unfolded single bed. When folded, the chair takes up little space and frees up space in the playroom. Models for children have colorful design, some of them are made in the form of a cartoon character. For example, a hedgehog or a pig
Mini sofa - an ideal choice for a small children's room. It is compact, small and inexpensive. The dimensions of the sleeping place for the children's mini sofa are 190 cm by 100 cm, 70 cm by 100 cm. There are models that, in addition to the sofa, consist of small dressers
Non-folding sofa - bed. A very interesting solution for a children's room. This sofa looks like a real bed. It may have small sides that will protect the child from falling asleep. The sofa is equipped with a storage box. Many models have shelves on the side of the sofa where you can put children's books
Corner sofa - bed… This sofa is designed to be installed in the corner of a room. The only drawback of such a children's sofa is its large size. It is not suitable for a small nursery
- "Click - gag". This sofa can be installed in a recumbent, seated and half-sitting position. Some models can also be converted into armrests and headrests. This sofa bed takes up little space, so it is suitable for a small children's room.
- "Accordion". This sofa is very compact and easy to transform. The width of the bed is 180 cm, which allows it to be used not only by children, but also by adults. There is a storage space inside the sofa. To unfold the "accordion" you need to pull the seat forward and fold the double backrest into one level.
- "Dolphin". This sofa consists of a simple structure and has a pull-out unit that is located under the seat. In order to unfold the sofa, you just need to pull out the block and lift it up so that it is level with the sofa. This model is suitable for both small and large rooms.
- Roll-out sofas - beds. These sofas can be used as a bed and as a sofa with a footrest. The sofa can be folded out in three different ways:
- Fully to get a full-fledged sleeping place;
- Half-sitting, so that while sitting in a chair, your legs lie on a stand;
- Sitting to make a regular sofa.
Determine the main components of the sofa
It is especially important when choosing a children's sofa bed to take into account the quality of its mattress and upholstery
Mattress should be moderately rigid, ideally orthopedic, so that the child does not have a curvature of the spine. If the mattress is too soft, it will be uncomfortable for him to sleep. Sofas with orthopedic mattresses conform to the shape of the body and support the body. A sofa with an orthopedic mattress and pillows is expensive, but safe to use.
Upholstery. Sofa upholstery fabrics must be of high quality and made from natural materials such as cotton and linen. Artificial fabrics collect dust quickly and are harder to clean. In addition, dust mites can start in such upholstery, which cause allergies not only in children, but also in adults.
Models for toddlers and teens
For young children, there is a huge selection of sofas - beds with a unique and original design. The sofa can be of any shape, you only need to choose the appropriate option.
- A sofa in the form of a house or a car is perfect for a boy. Minion sofas are very popular. The colors should be dark: gray, black, blue. You can dilute the color with bright accents.
- For a girl, you can choose a sofa - a bed in the form of a fairytale castle or the sun. Colors should be in bed colors. The upholstery may have a picture of a princess or stars.
- The sofa bed for teenagers should be done in more soothing colors. For a boy, you can choose a sofa in a classic style. High-tech style is suitable for a girl. Be sure to have a sofa - a bed for a teenager should have a large berth and a spacious box for storing linen.
How to choose the right one?
First, consult with your child, and only then proceed with the choice. At a furniture store, choose a sofa based on the height of your toddler or teenager. Do not hesitate to ask a consultant once again about the filling and upholstery of the sofa. You must make sure that the sofa is orthopedic and made from natural materials. Before purchasing, read the instruction manual and check for the certificate.