As children, especially boys, grow up, it is very important to find the right furniture for them. This is necessary not only for comfort, but also for the feeling of belonging to adults. And first of all, it is necessary to resolve the issue of a sleeping place. For many, the choice is obvious - a fold-out sofa bed. This option has a number of advantages that make it so popular: it takes up little space, it will be used to sit during the day, and it will leave a lot of space for activity. It remains to figure out which one is better.
Criterias of choice
Of course, first of all, you need to focus on the preferences of the child himself, however, there are several details that should be present in any sofa:
- Environmental friendliness … It is necessary to choose only furniture made from environmentally friendly, high-quality materials, so that the air in the room always remains clean and the boy's health is strong.
- Strength and wear resistance. Since teenage boys are very active, the sofa must withstand a lot, which is why all the parts must be assembled with high quality, the frame must be durable, and the upholstery and filler must not be easily damaged.
- Security. For the same reason, the sofa should not have any sharp corners, protrusions and, in general, what a teenager can injure himself with.
- Budgetary. Teenage boys' tastes change very quickly, as does their height. What was suitable for 14 years old will be absolutely irrelevant at 16, so it makes no sense to buy an expensive model, it is better to choose an option that is inexpensive, but looks stylish.
There are an incredible variety of types of folding sofas now, models exist for every taste, but you need to be careful when choosing, since not every type is suitable for a teenager. Here are the options that will work best for your child's room.
This type of sofa can be called an improved book. If it can be difficult for a child to cope with a book, then a click-gag is much easier to use. In addition, depending on your desire, it can be installed in 3 different positions: sitting, half-sitting and lying down.
This sofa is perfect for small rooms and will not embarrass the child, as it takes up little space.
This type is most popular due to its compactness and ease of use. The berth is divided into three parts: one is the seat, the other two are the back.
This type is perfect for a child, since it unfolds very easily: the seat moves forward, due to which the entire structure moves in one plane.
Another simple and attractive option for a nursery. Perfect for a small space. To unfold such a sofa, you just need to pull out the block that is located under the seat and lift it.
A very functional and comfortable option. Such a model will certainly have drawers where you can put bed linen or toys, it has a comfortable and large berth, which also unfolds very simply: the seat moves forward, and the back rests in its place. This sofa will look great anywhere in a boy's room.
It is important to pay attention to the frame material when choosing a sofa for a teenager. Because, how high-quality material was used in the manufacture of the bed, the strength and durability of the thing, as well as the health of the child, directly depend. Frames for folding sofas are made from:
This material is in great demand due to its cheapness, but such a frame for a teenage boy is unlikely to work. The fact is that in addition to the low cost, chipboard is very fragile, so most likely, such a frame will not be durable and it will not be possible to save money on its purchase.
As a frame for furniture, wood has been very popular for more than one century, and this is understandable, because it has a number of advantages:
- the beauty … Furniture made of this material will look great in any interior.
- Strength … A correctly chosen wooden frame will fulfill its function for many years.
- Purity. Such material is the most environmentally friendly, does not have any harmful impurities and will not harm health.
Nevertheless, when choosing a sofa with such a frame, you also need to be very careful. It is best if hardwoods were used as a material - oak, beech, birch. Nowadays, conifers are also often used, as this makes it possible to reduce the cost, but along with the price the quality also decreases: frames made of conifers are more fragile, which, again, will very quickly render the sleeping place unusable.
As for this material, it is likely that not the frame itself will be made of plastic, but external parts, decorations, armrests, etc. this option will appeal to children due to the variety of colors and designs, the sofa with plastic details will look bright and beautiful. Nevertheless, one must understand that plastic is an artificial material, when buying furniture with plastic elements, you should not skimp, since toxic impurities may be present in a cheap material. In addition, it is quite fragile, which also does not speak in its favor when it comes to children and adolescents, so you need to choose things with such a basis very carefully.
Folding mechanisms made of metal are not yet used very often, although it is safe to say that this is not for long, they have already begun to gain popularity. Metal, like wood, is one of the most suitable options for the frame of a folding sofa, it also has many advantages, and in some respects, the metal frame even outperforms the wooden one:
- Style. A sofa with metal elements will look very fashionable and modern, which a teenager will surely appreciate. The metal is well suited for any upholstery and itself can be painted in any color.
- Wear resistance. Strong and stable, the metal frame is perfect for active teenagers and can withstand heavy loads. If, nevertheless, such a frame breaks, it will not be difficult to repair it.
- Security. The entire frame is hidden inside, which eliminates the likelihood of injury when interacting with furniture. In addition, the metal is non-flammable and resistant to moisture changes.
- Purity. As in wooden frames, there are no harmful impurities in metal frames.
- Low price. Among other advantages, metal furniture will have a very reasonable price without sacrificing quality.
In addition to the frame, an important criterion is the filler, it must also be environmentally friendly and of high quality, because the life of the sofa depends no less on it.
Without spring block
Fillers for a sofa without a spring block can be divided into two large subspecies: natural and synthetic.
- Coconut fiber, etc.
- Foam rubber.
- Polyurethane foam.
- Synthepukh, etc.
Many people get scared at the word "synthetic" and rush to buy something natural, but artificial filler can also be an excellent option, while natural will bring inconvenience. For example, coconut fiber is an excellent filler for sofas, but here it is very important not to be mistaken with quality, since often the fiber can be impregnated with artificial mixtures, or made from unripe or low-quality nuts, while polyurethane foam is environmentally friendly, hypoallergenic and durable.
Products with synthetic fillers are, of course, cheaper. When buying, it is important to pay attention not to rigidity, since soft types are more susceptible to wear and tear.
With spring block
But, of course, when it comes to the health of the child, you need to choose the best and sofas with a spring block, they are also called orthopedic, may well become an ideal option.
This filler will keep the boy's spine in the correct position and guarantee a sound and healthy sleep. Spring blocks are dependent and independent. In the first version, all the springs are connected to each other, they are cheaper, but if one spring breaks, all the others break. Independent springs are more expensive, but they are more comfortable and durable. In such a mechanism, each spring is separated by a special cover, from an anatomical point of view, the body is supported more evenly and the probability of breakage is much lower.