For the formation of a child's personality, it is important not only to give him the right upbringing, but also to provide the right to choose, take into account the opinion of the growing child when planning and developing the interior of her own room. It is good to provide the child with personal space and allow it to be organized in accordance with modern design trends, which will make the girl feel comfortable.
Wall murals are considered one of the easiest ways to create a unique design, because they are easy to glue and remove from the wall at a time when they become less attractive or lose their relevance.
There are wallpapers that are glued very simply: you need to detach the protective layer and glue on the prepared wall, other models require glue and are applied to the wall in exactly the same way as traditional wallpaper.
Let's talk about how to choose a wallpaper for a children's bedroom and what to look for in order for a young girl to like the interior.
How to choose
- If the space of the room is limited or the children's bedroom has a small square, choose light pastel shades as the main color, one zone of the bedroom can be allowed to be "painted" with contrasting photo wallpaper with a small pattern.
- Ceiling height is an important parameter that determines the choice of wallpaper for a children's bedroom. If the ceilings are low, give preference to vertical lines - they will visually "lift" the space up; wide lines on the wallpaper, on the contrary, will expand the girl's room and give it extra space.
- It is common for girls to choose calm shades of wallpaper: let it be light colors, while thanks to the patterns or drawings on the photo wallpaper, the space can be profitably zoned.
- It is worth creating a design for a child's room taking into account the age of the girl: for a child 3-10 years old, choose a "story" wallpaper and place them on one side of the room or on its half, so as not to "overload" the space. By the way, colorful and bright wallpapers can soon bore a young lady exactly as well as parents, which is another argument in favor of choosing photo wallpapers of calm shades and inconspicuous drawings.
- For ages 10 and older, wallpaper with a floral print, which almost all girls adore, are suitable, and for a younger generation, cartoon characters, alphabet and numbers in combination with geometric shapes will love it, which will allow you to simultaneously learn new words and shapes.
- The location of the room on the south side allows you to decorate the interior of the bedroom in cold blue tones or lilac shades, the northern location requires the use of warm colors in order to additionally "lighten" the already darkened space and give the room "life".
- The choice of wallpaper color depends on the character of the girl: warm shades with contrasting details are suitable for apathetic persons, while for active girls it will be helpful to choose soothing shades of wallpaper: pastel, green, powdery with a barely noticeable pattern.
- The working area of the room can be equipped in cold blue shades in order to artificially induce the desire to work in the young fidget, and the sleeping area in darker ones so that the child can fall asleep sooner.
The choice of wallpaper and their print directly depends on the style direction of the room. For a room in Provence, classic, empire style, warm shades of a single tone or wallpaper with a print of flowers, cage, peas, stripes are suitable.
The Art Nouveau style does not oblige you to be strict, on the contrary, in children's interiors this design looks especially attractive due to the ability to use geometry and unusual print shapes, animal figures or abstract things.
If you decide to choose wallpaper with a floral print, then choose this print for a child from 5 to 10 years old, because flowers may not be to their taste at all for a teenager and will soon get bored. The plots on the photomurals are a bold choice of modern parents, however, if the storyline of the wallpaper for the children's room contains the girl's favorite character, you can be sure that such wallpapers will delight the teenager for a long time.
Disney princesses like Rapunzel and other cartoon characters will be a good choice for a girl from 3 to 10 years old, maximum 12 years old.
Then the "cartoon" theme for whether it will be relevant for the formation of the values of a teenager, and taste preferences for Disney princesses sooner or later leave the hearts of modern adolescents.
Ways to decorate with wallpaper
Wallpaper will be an excellent tool for creating a unique design for a teenage girl's room, if you choose materials of different colors and textures, but keep them in a single concept.
Zoning a room is a great opportunity to turn a single space into several different zones: work, bedroom, playroom, dressing room and others. Decorating with photowall-paper will allow you to get rid of the boring Soviet interior and turn the nursery almost into a separate apartment.
- An important recommendation is keeping the room in the same style: if you choose the Provence style, take care of muted shades of wallpaper and floral print of photo wallpaper, forget about the alphabet on the walls or bright geometric manifestations. If there is a modern design, then it is quite appropriate to apply geometry in all its manifestations and choose laconic furniture.
- You can zone the room with wallpaper of different colors, but let the shades be combined with each other and pay attention to the color combination cards that are so easy to find on the Internet. You can zone the space of a children's bedroom with flowers, each of which will not only decorate, but also induce: blue or cold blue in combination with white is well suited for the working area or the side of the bedroom where the bed is located; a bright print will be appropriate in the play area and the one where the child draws, so that if something happens, his "work" will not greatly upset the parents.
- Separate the sleeping area from the work area thanks to photo wallpaper: in the bed area, for example, you can place wallpaper with flowers and a canopy over the headboard (to add coziness), and decorate the work area with wallpaper with rhombuses. In this case, the main color of the wallpaper can be the same.
- When choosing a photo wallpaper for a children's bedroom, it is important to take into account the opinion of the girl herself and clarify which cartoon characters she likes or pay attention to her hobbies: music, drawing or sports will help in creating a unique and cozy interior.
- To choose ready-made wallpaper means to follow the easiest path with small "pitfalls", for example, it is worth choosing the exact size of the wallpaper in accordance with the size of the wall. In addition, the wall for photo wallpaper should be as flat and smooth as possible so that the interior looks neat and laconic, and the wallpaper itself lasts a long time and pleases the teenage girl.
- For a small child, choose contrasting wallpaper with a pattern and exclude the desire to purchase plain light colored ones, otherwise the child can easily stain such wallpapers, while on the colored walls the little pranks of the baby will not be so noticeable.
- If you want to turn a child's room into a work of interior art, take care not only of choosing high-quality and thematic photo wallpapers, but also suitable furniture and appropriate interior items.
When choosing wallpaper for a children's room, it is important to exclude their toxicity and the harmfulness of additional materials such as glue. It is good if the wallpaper in the children's room lends itself to "washing", which will greatly facilitate their care and allow you to maintain an attractive appearance of the room for a long time
Room decoration ideas
Disney cartoons are considered one of the most popular for children's room design.
The main characters of the girl's bedroom interior are often colorful princesses or fairy-tale fairies, and pink becomes the main color of the children's room.
Winnie the Pooh and his friends, the little mermaids and other cartoon characters become part of the guests of the interiors of children's bedrooms, and it is especially important not to miscalculate with the age of the child and his hobbies, so as not to experience the burden of repairs again in a year.
The little princess's real room isn't limited to Disney characters; to create a luxurious interior for a young queen, it is enough to create a room interior in a classic design and opt for photomurals of a fabulous country with butterflies or fairies. By the way, using photo wallpaper with colored butterflies will be appropriate for both a little girl and a teenage girl, the main task is not to overdo it with a pattern, that is, decorate one or more areas of the room and leave space for plain wallpaper.
It is easy to create a stylish interior for two girls of a similar image if you make the two halves of the room seem to be mirrored: choose the same beds and single pieces of massive furniture like a chest of drawers or a wardrobe, and the wallpaper is colorful and neutral at the same time so as not to create disagreements among the two girls.
A future fashionista over the age of 10 will appreciate the interior of her room that looks like a fashion designer's workshop: in this case, give preference to photo wallpapers with items of clothing or shoes, prints like wardrobe or fashion accessories.
For a fragile and romantic person 10-14 years old, choose peach shades and light colors in the room, which are perfectly combined with massive furniture and a heavy wooden base. Choose wallpaper without a colorful print and put more emphasis on indoor textiles.
A "true lady" girl may require something unusual and extremely bright in the interior of her room, such as bright wallpaper, then stick the material on only one wall or even half of it and add neutral furniture to make the interior complete.
Another excellent idea for creating a girly interior would be the use of a "star" print, which has remained relevant for a dozen years and does not lose its popularity today.
Stars can be used to decorate the sleeping and play area, and the wardrobe space and where it is supposed to play should be left in a solid color. In addition, it is easy to add colorful and luminous accessories to the "star" interior, which will not visually clutter up the space and will make the girl's room even more comfortable.
Finally, we note that when choosing a photo wallpaper for a children's bedroom, you should take into account the opinion of a teenage girl and a young young lady in order to allow her to form as a person and enjoy the chosen interior design. Be aware of the safety of wallpaper and additional materials such as glue to keep your child and your family healthy.