Children's tables with a high chair today are presented on the market in a very wide range. Such furniture for children has a lot of advantages and features, thanks to which it becomes more and more popular from year to year. The real reason for the high demand for children's tables with chairs will be discussed in this article.
Features and Benefits
Most parents try to purchase just such sets of furniture, consisting of a chair and a table. And there are a number of reasons for this, which are the features and advantages of such furniture:
- The purchase of such furniture allows you to solve several problems at once. First: the child has a working and dining place. And the second is that there is enough space in the children's room for outdoor games.
- There are many different models of children's tables with chairs. They differ not only in the materials of manufacture, but also in their design, which allows, if necessary, to fold them, increase their size and change their appearance.
- The high modularity and mobility of such furniture makes it easy to move it not only around the room, but also to take it with you on long and short trips.
- Each type of furniture set has its own individual characteristics and purpose. This gives parents the opportunity to both buy a table with a chair for some specific needs, and purchase a universal model.
- Such furniture almost always has bright and attractive colors. Therefore, its acquisition always brings a lot of joy to both the children themselves and their parents.
A considerable advantage of such complex sets of furniture from a children's table and a chair is the fact that different models have different fully affordable cost. Therefore, they can be purchased both for your child and as at for another child.
The complete safety of such products is also a great advantage. They are made from environmentally friendly materials, have practically no sharp corners and the risk of getting a splinter for a baby is extremely small.
It is thanks to all these features that such furniture is in high demand.
Perhaps it is the wide assortment that is the main advantage of such children's tables with chairs over other types of furniture. Today they may look like this.
The transformer model includes a growing table and, in some cases, also a growing chair. Such types of furniture can be increased in height by increasing the length of the legs, in them you can change the angle and intensity of the tilt of the table top. Such furniture can be either wooden or plastic. In some models, the tabletop turns into an easel when lifted, which increases the number of functionality of such a table with a chair. If necessary, such a developing table with a chair can be turned in a dining table for kids or a table for games.
The main advantages of transformers are versatility, safety, long service life, ease of use, reliability and design convenience. There are only two disadvantages - this is a rather high cost and the need for an individual choice of furniture in accordance with the growth and complexion of each child.
Tables for creativity
Such models usually have special compartments for storing office supplies, their corners, as a rule, are rounded so that the child cannot get injured during the work. The desk can be adjustable in tilt and height, there are also models with a magnetic board, which can be hidden by false panels or can be pulled out like an easel. Often these tables and chairs come with a small built-in game pad. It can house either a board game or small folding figures.
The main advantages of this type of furniture are wide range of products, versatility and safety. The disadvantages are that such a table cannot be transformed, it will become unnecessary when the child grows up.
Folding table and chair
In most cases, this type of furniture is represented by feeding tables, which already have a built-in highchair. Some types of such furniture can be adjusted in height. This group also includes tables with chairs that are not connected to each other, but both can be easily folded and unfolded.
The main advantages of such furniture are: mobility, light weight, versatile use, a high level of safety for the child. There are no significant disadvantages to such tables with chairs for children.
Developing drawing table
This type of furniture has limited options for use - either as a desk for drawing, or as a table for sculpting. Some models have a retractable easel. In almost every case, the tabletop is adjustable in height and angle. Basically, these desks with chairs are made of plastic or wood with a special coating.
The advantages are ease of cleaning, mobility and safety. The disadvantages are limited options for use, rather high cost and the impossibility of changing the dimensions of the furniture itself.
Dressing table for girls
It is also a variant of a children's table with a high chair. The dressing table has necessarily a mirror and several boxes for storing the little lady's treasures. Usually a low and compact ottoman acts as a chair.
Such furniture does not have any important advantages from a developmental and practical point of view. Is that the girl's joy when she has her own dressing table. Cons are high cost, limited use cases, low mobility, and short lifespan.
Therefore, many experts recommend purchasing this type of table with a chair if the child already has another model of such furniture with more universal use.
An orthopedic table with a chair is specialized furniture. Experts recommend purchasing this option. closer to school. The unique shape and manufacturing technology of such furniture helps to form the correct posture in the child when working at the computer and when performing written work.
There are two disadvantages of such furniture - the high price, the need for an individual selection of furniture in each case. There are many more advantages: the formation of correct posture, ease of use, the possibility of multifunctional use, durability and safety. Moreover, each species has several different models that differ from each other in their dimensions and shape.
Sizes and shapes
Today there is simply no single standard that determines the size and shape of children's tables with chairs. But many manufacturers and pediatricians recommend choosing products based on the child's height, according to the following parameters:
Child's height cm
Table height cm
Chair height cm
As for the shapes of the products, they can be different. The chairs themselves are soft and hard, square, rectangular, steep and oval. However, most often you can still see exactly the square chairs, shaped like those that used to be in elementary schools.
The tables themselves, in most cases, also have a rectangular shape, sometimes with rounded corners. But sometimes you can find an unusual table, rounded in shape and with wavy edges, a table with an elongated and narrow tabletop or, in general, a tabletop in the form of a triangle.
It is necessary to select the shape of the table and chair taking into account the age and weight of the child, as well as taking into account the exact actions for which these pieces of furniture will be used in the future.
For example, the table for drawing and writing should be rectangular and rather wide, but not triangular, otherwise the child will simply be uncomfortable.
All children's tables with highchairs made today are in most cases made of either plastic or wood.
The plastic table and chair are made of special plastic, which has a fairly high level of safety, is non-toxic and very durable. The advantages of furniture made from this material are low cost, the presence of bright colors, light weight, ease of care and use, and a long service life. But at the same time, most of the models of plastic furniture has weight restrictions, and this indicator must be taken into account when buying.
Wooden models can be made from several varieties of this material:
- Wood massif. The strongest, most durable and safest material, while also the most expensive. If you are inclined to products made from it, then it is better to turn your gaze to models designed for children with a height of over 145 cm.
- Chipboard - laminated chipboard. Quite strong and durable material. In order to be sure of the safety of furniture made from it, you should buy a table and chair with the E0 marking. It means that the product does not emit formaldehyde.
- MDF boards. This material is resistant to deformation and moisture, completely safe and quite durable.
Some models of tables and chairs also have metal parts, for example, legs or armrests. They are made of high strength steel or aluminum.
By and large, comparing technical characteristics, a plastic table is no worse than a wooden one. The main thing is to choose the right model correctly.
We can safely say that there are simply no restrictions in the color variations of such furniture. It can be monochromatic, two-color or multi-colored, monochromatic models are usually wooden, but sometimes there are also plastic tables with chairs made in the same color.
Wooden tables with chairs for children most often have the following colors:
- dark chocolate;
- light walnut;
Two-tone furniture is often white and brown, black and white, white and red, and so on. That is, the colors are selected taking into account the primary colors and their various shades can be used.
Plastic tables with chairs have a wider variety of colors:
- light green;
The models of tables and chairs designed for young children also have a pattern on the table top, applied in different colors. When creating two-color and multi-colored models, the combination of these colors can be different.
The fact is that bright and beautiful colors attract the attention of a child, especially for preschool children.
At such a table and in such a chair, they want to sit and study. Plus, such furniture can become the main decoration of the room in itself.
Since the demand for such sets of table and chair is quite high, many manufacturers have rushed to start producing such furniture. The most famous and popular brands today are:
Intechproekt. This manufacturer is engaged in the manufacture of children's tables with chairs designed for children no higher than 115 cm. Furniture is made of wood, is of high quality, comfortable and reliable. Has a bright color and a multi-functional table top. The plus is the stylish design and affordable price
"RusEkoMebel" Is another domestic manufacturer of wooden sets consisting of a table and a chair. Furniture of this brand is distinguished by its modest appearance, the absence of additional components, a small assortment of colors and low cost. Such furniture can often be seen in kindergartens
"I am Toy" - a fairly well-known and popular manufacturer, specializing mainly in the production of furniture made of wood or its cheaper counterparts. All products are of high quality, attractive appearance, the presence of additional functions for some tables, as well as a rather high cost
"My first studio" - this manufacturer offers unique tables and chairs transformers. The products have bright colors, they are reliable and easy to use, multifunctional and, which is important, affordable. A wide range of models of various types allows you to choose such a furniture tandem in accordance with the age and hobbies of the child
"Smoby" Is one of the best manufacturers of tables with chairs in the form of desks. Convenient design, double tabletops, bright colors and versatility are the main advantages of the brand's products
Of course, this is not a complete list of manufacturers of this type of furniture. However, it is these brands, or rather their products, that are in the greatest demand among buyers, and reviews of the products of these brands are only positive.
How to choose furniture for a child?
Such a variety of models can be confusing. Therefore, in order to get a really high-quality, durable and suitable table with a chair, you should heed the recommendations:
- It is necessary to purchase furniture in accordance with the age of the child. The exception is tables with a crown of transformers, which can be increased over time. It is not worth purchasing other types of such furniture for a child to grow. Firstly, over a long service life, it can lose its appearance, and the child can break some of its parts, and secondly, the baby will be uncomfortable sitting at the table and on a chair that are not suitable for his age and build.
- If the child is a creative person, then you should not save money, and you should purchase a transforming table or a model with two tabletops. In this case, there will be a place for both classes and for the creative process itself. In addition, this option will be a great way to beautifully furnish a small room.
Folding models are also welcome if the room itself is small, because if necessary, the table and chair can be easily removed and free up enough space for outdoor games.
- Those who travel frequently and take a children's chair and table with them should also look at folding or folding models, preferably made of plastic.
- For children under the age of five, it is better to purchase plastic furniture after all. It is easier to clean, lighter and usually brighter in color. If preference is given to wooden furniture, then you need to make sure that the tabletop has a protective coating.
- When purchasing a bright and colorful children's table with a highchair, you should pay attention to its colors and sizes. The color of the furniture should either overlap with the general color scheme of the room, or become the highlight of the room. Dimensions should not only suit the age and height of the child, but also the room. Too small a table in a large nursery will be lost, and too large in a small room, on the contrary, clutter up the room.
Using these recommendations in practice, you can easily purchase a set of children's furniture that is ideal for your child.
Where to put it?
The correct arrangement of such furniture is no less troublesome. It all depends on the age of the child and on the type of table and chair purchased, as well as options for their use.
Toddler tables designed for feeding, board games and drawing are best set up in the middle of the room, while freeing up enough space near the wall for their further installation. Simply put, you need to play and feed the child in the middle of the room, and after the end of these procedures, the table is removed.
If the model is stationary and purchased for installation in the kitchen at a common table, then such a table with a chair should be placed near the table, preferably next to the parents.
Tables for creativity should be installed so that they are sufficiently well lit and there are no other objects around them, preferably within a radius of half a meter. Tables with chairs for study should be placed as close to windows as possible so that they are well lit, while the main stream of light should fall from the left side.
The area of the room also plays a significant role in the installation of such furniture. In each case, the installation option will be different, the main thing is to remember the following:
- The table and chair should be well lit.
- New strands should not block the passage to other objects in the room.
- The table and chair should be positioned in such a way that the child is comfortable to sit and does not obstruct his vision.
- The installation site should be clearly visible not only from all corners of the nursery, but also from other rooms.
The appearance and construction of the furniture must also be considered. Folding models and models of transformers can be placed where it is convenient now, because after use they can be easily removed.
Stationary tables with chairs should be placed where they will not interfere, but at the same time the child will be comfortable.
Children's tables with highchairs are perfect for any style of interior and perfectly decorate or complement it:
A simple set of white furniture, consisting of a square table and several chairs, does not stand out from the overall interior, its color perfectly matches the palette of shades of the entire children's room. At the same time, the tabletop has the optimal size, both for completing assignments and for creativity with parents or friends
A great option for little princesses. A compact, but at the same time, roomy table can be used for tea drinking, and for doing tasks or playing with dolls. Comfortable, stylish and at the same time gentle rocking chairs with armrests only add charm and tenderness to the room
A convenient and multifunctional table with storage boxes is, again, versatile. The unusual shape of such furniture makes it sophisticated and interesting, and most importantly, comfortable for the baby
All these examples prove once again that children's furniture sets from a table and chairs are great for children of both genders and different ages. They are multifunctional, safe and practical.
For information on how to choose tables and chairs for a child and why it is very important, see the next video.