The birth of a baby is the most touching event in the life of every family. On the shoulders of the parents, numerous worries about the little person immediately fall, the first of which is to ensure healthy and safe sleep for the development of the child. Bumpers-pillows for children from 0 years old are good protection against accidental injuries and external influences. The design of the accessories is so diverse that it will not be difficult to choose the right option depending on the type of fabric and filler, the method of fastening, the interior of the room and the gender of the child.
In this article we will try to reveal all the secrets of how to choose bumpers in a crib for a boy
Many mothers often doubt the question of buying flat pillows for a crib. There are many fears - this is the excessive accumulation of dust on such structures, which can cause allergies in the newborn, as well as the safety of the sides and additional financial costs for an accessory that may not be in demand.
Let's consider its main advantages:
- pillows protect the baby from possible injuries - after all, knowing the world around him, the child can easily get hurt on the crib bars;
- protection against drafts, as well as from the daytime sun, which will ensure a calm and comfortable sleep for the child. Such pillows are especially useful if the bed is in the parents' room or even a one-room apartment. The sides will provide relative sound insulation and hide from artificial lighting;
- with flat pillows you can create a unique design sleeping place for a boy or with their help harmoniously fit the bed into the overall interior of the room;
- pockets can be sewn on the sides from the outside for storing nipples, bottles, rattles. Now important little things will always be at hand.
After making sure that the side in the crib is necessary, you can start choosing an accessory.
The fabric for the sides must be natural and non-allergenic … It should not attract dust, electrify. In addition, pillows will often have to be washed, which means that the fabric must be durable. The best material that would meet all these requirements, experienced moms call coarse calico. The sides of this fabric are not afraid of multiple washes - the material does not shrink, does not fade or fade in the sun, the pattern remains bright for a long time. Most importantly, the coarse calico is completely natural and safe for the baby.
Choosing a filler
When buying or sewing flat pillows, it is better to refuse foam rubber. This synthetic material can cause allergies in a child, and it deforms during washing.
Sintepon and holofiber are perhaps the best choice. Both fillers are completely natural. When buying pillows with padding polyester, pay attention that they are stitched around the perimeter in several places. The fact is, the material may shrink slightly when washed. Holofiber practically does not shrink over time.
Most often, the sides are attached with ties on ribbons. This type of design looks very nice. For a boy, you can pick up blue or light blue ribbons to match the main shade of the pillows.
Popular methods of fastening are elastic bands, Velcro, buttons.
They provide fixation of the rim and ease of removal of the pillows for washing.
Ribbons, Velcro and buttons are suitable for newborns. For older children who are actively starting to learn about the world, it is better to choose the option with locks. They will provide a secure fit for the flat cushions.
The sides are of different types:
- small ideal for babies up to 5 months or six months. Low sides will provide good visibility, and at the same time will serve as reliable protection against injury;
- high kinds of pillows are good for older kids. Softly enveloping the crib, the pillows will prevent the active baby from falling.
There are options for the sides both on all four sides of the crib, and only on two. The choice depends on individual preferences in favor of a particular model.
For older children, there is a variant of the "Kid" chair-bed with sides, which will serve not only as a safe sleeping place, but also as a whole playground.
As for the choice of colors for the boy's side, the models presented in the stores are striking in their variety.
Traditionally, you can give preference to blue-blue tones in a monochromatic scale or with a pattern. Today, pastel shades are becoming more and more popular with moms. Light beige, pale lilac, green, lilac will fit well into any interior.
Bumpers with prints of fairy-tale characters, starry and nautical themes are very popular.
For a long time, pillows in the form of images of pets around the perimeter of the crib have been a hit of sales.
Not finding the option you like, you can always sew a side to your taste.