Features of the
Almost every woman dreams of a large dressing room. However, not every apartment has a place to arrange a place to store items of clothing and shoes. Most even small living spaces have storage rooms. As a rule, they contain things from the wardrobe, as well as various equipment. If you try very hard, you can find a completely different application for such a room, while not spending a lot of material resources and time.
Equipping the apartment with a small dressing room removes several questions at once - you no longer need to puzzle the family with the purchase of a new closet, all things will be stored in a certain order, and additional space for new furniture will appear in the bedroom or living room. Another option is to simply divide an existing room into zones. To design a storage space for a wardrobe, 2 square meters will be enough. m.
It is important that the storage space is as functional and spacious as possible. Pay attention to creating the elements of comfort.
The main purpose of a small dressing room is to organize a huge number of seasonal and everyday items. The decisive factor is that it is not at all necessary to hire a designer to design such a storage system; you can do it yourself from the pantry.
What should it be?
Decide how much storage space will be used. From what area of the room you will be ready to allocate for a dressing room, its characteristics will directly depend. Follow a few basic rules:
- Choose a part of the room that is in a corner or at a dead end. This is a good solution for apartments that are small in size. It will not be very convenient for you to enter the dressing room located in the middle of the room.
- Try to make sure that there is room for maneuver in a small dressing room so that you can turn around in it, hang things neatly.
- A prerequisite is the dryness of the room, since there will be wardrobe items in it. Consider a solution to the issue of equipping storage space ventilation.
- An important element is the presence of a mirror. It will save you time looking for the right outfit. Agree that going from the dressing room to the bathroom or corridor is not very convenient. Consider also a place where you can immediately change your outfits.
- If there is absolutely not enough space in the dressing room, give up the doors, make the space as open as possible. You can save space only through its rational use. Remember that in such a room your mood for the coming day is created, so there should be as comfortable and convenient as possible. If possible, make the boxes deeper so that as many things can fit in a small apartment.
How to do it yourself
It is not at all necessary to carve out a place in one of the rooms. A part of the hallway or balcony may also be suitable for a dressing room. It all depends only on your imagination.
Before transforming an old pantry, inspect its condition. Get rid of the things that were in it. Do a general cleaning. Look around if the walls require painting, if the ceiling needs whitewashing. Do cosmetic work if necessary.
It is important to pay attention to how strong the walls are in the apartment, especially for old houses. Then proceed to the design of the dressing room and its arrangement
- Clear your pantry of unnecessary items. An exclusively empty room is suitable for construction work.
- Level the walls if necessary. The aesthetic appearance of the dressing room is very important.
- Start installing furniture that does not require additional assembly.
- Using special construction tools, level the floor, if necessary, then lay a covering on it. In the case when the area of the dressing room is from 3 sq. m up to 4 sq. meter, it will be possible to change outfits in it. That is why the surface on which you will be is important.
- Pay attention to the ceiling. There is no fundamental difference whether it will be a hinged structure, wallpaper or just painting. Everything is based on your vision and mood, as well as the overall interior of the living space.
It is important to decide in advance on what budget you have. The quantity and quality of building materials that will be purchased for equipping the dressing room directly depends on this. Do not forget to measure the future storage space in advance.
Choose tools and consumables carefully, such as wall plugs. It will directly depend on them how strong the structure is. Take into account the fact that, as a rule, a large number of things are stored in the dressing room, and the shelves or the structure in general must be made reliable and durable in order to avoid repeated construction work.
There are several storage systems. For example, a dressing room can be arranged in the form of a large wardrobe with open shelves. This is a good option for apartments with a small area. Such a dressing room does not require serious financial costs. Just vacate the room and leave three load-bearing walls. The internal arrangement is carried out in a variety of ways - you can use assembled mobile structures, or you can assemble shelves yourself using chipboard.
The second simple option is to equip the room as a separate room, where outerwear, shoes and things for everyday wear will be stored. The main task is to make the systematization of things as simple and accessible as possible. Do not forget that there must be lighting in such a room, which means that during construction work it is necessary to conduct wiring into the room.
If desired, such a small wardrobe can be equipped with additional large and small mirrors, hang various paintings, attach shelves on which to put vases and souvenirs. It is desirable that each part of the room has some function.
Please note that a small dressing room will be slightly different in its intended purpose from the rest of the premises in the apartment. Try to save space as much as possible. Do not use standard chandeliers, it is better to use triple lighting.
What the floor will be covered with and how the walls will be painted depends solely on your budget and taste. In order for the area to be rationally equipped and to function efficiently, it is enough to adhere to a few rules:
- It is advisable to place the shoe storage system at the very bottom of the room.
- The upper shelves are used exclusively for storing seasonal items, they should always be within the reach.
- Clothes hangers should be placed in the middle of the dressing room.
- On the side shelves, things are placed that are also often used in everyday life.
- Gloves, hats and umbrellas are kept in a separate box.
It is important to correctly organize the space so that it is convenient to take things out, try them on, and put them back in the closet.
The design of the room will depend mainly on several factors - the structure of the arrangement of shelves or cabinets, the surface of the walls, ceiling and floor, various decorative elements, and the placement of lighting.
It is important that the decorative finish of the room is smooth and does not leave marks on the clothes. The ideal option is a choice of washing wallpaper, a mirrored surface or from a special drapery.
Please note that a small dressing room should fit well into the interior of the apartment. Otherwise, it will knock out of the general order and look like an extension, which will not be very harmonious.
There are several options for arranging a dressing room. The most popular ones are in the form of the letter "G" and the letter "P".
So, for example, the letter "G" is well suited for placing a wardrobe in the corner of a room. In other words, such wardrobes are called corner wardrobes. It is usually located in an open space, has no doors. It is desirable that the interior decoration matches the overall look of the bedroom. If possible, the storage space is equipped with additional lighting elements.
The letter "P" is used in the construction of dressing rooms in separate rooms. There are two options for the arrangement - with and without doors. In the first case, you can use beautiful natural wood surfaces, stained-glass windows, mirrors are applicable. In the second case, take care of creating a beautiful arch or entrance to the storage space. Depending on the area of the room, the dressing room can be made both small and large.
If you live in an average apartment, then it is best to give preference to stationary structures. The fact is that in such dwellings repairs often take place, furniture moves, design changes. Therefore, it will not be very convenient to disassemble and reassemble the dressing room.
There are a lot of options for arranging a small dressing room. The main thing when designing it is not to forget about the basic principles - efficiency, convenience, accessibility to the necessary things. Make sure that the dressing room does not turn into a warehouse, but is a place that regularly cheers you up and solves problems with finding and storing outfits.