The ideal finishing material combines the following characteristics: practicality, reliability, durability and attractive appearance. These are the characteristics of ceramic tiles. Both floor and wall finishes are on sale. Many believe that this material is used only for decorating bathrooms and toilets, but this opinion is erroneous. Tiles can be used to decorate a hall or living room.
Living room tiles are trendy and stylish decoration. With its help, you can organize an extraordinary design in various stylistic directions. Designers have developed many techniques that can be translated into reality using such a finishing material. The tiles on the floor give a special expressiveness and chic. The modern market is replete with a variety of products that differ in size, color, texture and other characteristics.
The tile will help not only to decorate, but also to level the floor, to make it perfectly smooth. If you want to emphasize the finishing of the floor, pay attention to textured shawls. Models imitating natural materials such as stone or wood are in demand.
First, you should weigh all the pros and cons of such a decoration in the interior. Such an original solution has a lot of advantages:
Life time. A quality product has a long service life. This indicator is individual for each manufacturer, but the optimal period is several decades
If the tile has a high abrasion rate and has been installed correctly, the floor covering will retain its attractiveness for centuries.
- Wear resistance… This finishing material is reliable and durable. This indicator is achieved due to the dense texture. Even on the basis of premises with high traffic, the material will feel great, demonstrating resistance to constant loads.
- Cleaning… Taking care of your tiles is as easy as shelling pears. Due to the dense texture, dust and dirt particles are not absorbed into the material, remaining on the surface. Glossy tiles are easiest to clean as they have an even and smooth texture. You will have to tinker with the relief a little longer, but the process will still not be particularly difficult. You can use normal detergents for cleaning. If the contamination is negligible, a rag and clean water are sufficient.
- Appearance… Beautiful tiles will instantly attract the attention of everyone who enters your house. Using strips of various colors, you can create an unusual and expressive composition on the floor. Choosing a suitable option is not a problem, there is a rich assortment to take into account, which is constantly updated and replenished.
- Choice… The assortment of colors and textures will pleasantly surprise even the most demanding customers. Solid models, stylish patterns, thematic images - this and much more can be found in modern decoration stores.
Finishing using floor tiles in the living room has its drawbacks:
Tactile sensations… The tiles are cold to the touch, especially in the frosty season. If you're planning to decorate her living room floors, consider purchasing a lush, warm rug. It will make the environment more comfortable, but this element is not suitable for all styles
It is also recommended to install "warm floor" technology in the room.
- Slip… Tiles, especially glossy tiles, can be slippery.This characteristic is especially dangerous if elderly people or small children live in the house.
- Sound. From the impact of the sole on the tiles, ringing sounds are heard: this can disrupt the comfortable and peaceful environment. Many are unnerved by this. This effect creates the impression of a public place. Excessive noises in the house are not needed.
Types of material and design techniques
The tile can have the following texture:
Gloss. Glossy tiles have a special look. It attracts attention with its perfectly smooth surface and shine. The material has a reflective effect that visually expands the size of the room. Glossy tiles that imitate natural stone look great. Dies can be plain or decorated with patterns
This floor design can be used in both classic and modern styles. It all depends on the color of the tile and the additional elements on it.
Carpet. Using tiles on the floor, they create an image of a carpet. A part of the pattern is applied to each plate, while the texture of the finishing material is even and smooth. Each tile is placed on the floor in a specific sequence, creating the desired pattern. This technique is often used in classic decorative directions. Designers recommend using this technique in spacious living rooms
- A rock… Finishing for the material is in great demand among connoisseurs of naturalness and environmental friendliness. An unusual appearance attracts the attention of stone-like tiles. The surface of the material is embossed, rough. If you choose the right other materials and decorative elements, you can create a stylish composition. The tiles are painted in natural colors that are typical for stone.
- Composition… An artistic composition placed on the floor will become a key stylistic element. The image is made up of various dies. Both small mosaics and large tiles are used. The theme of the picture can be different: from abstraction to a specific image.
- Practical area… The tile boasts resistance to constant stress and mechanical damage. This indicator will play an important role if there are many people living in the house. With a practical finishing material, you can arrange a separate area, which is most often subjected to stress. As a rule, this is a dining table or an area near the bar.
- Search… To create an elite and luxurious setting in the room, use marble effect tiles. This is the perfect solution for classic destinations. The decoration will harmonize favorably with the harsh furniture, decorated with three-dimensional elements and gilded details. Marble tiles look perfect when combined with a glossy surface.
A color scheme
Color mix - stylish, expressive decorative design. Decorators combine multiple colors on one surface. You can combine two or more shades. The best option is 3 colors.
There are standard combinations:
- White and black;
- beige and brown;
- black and gray;
- white and any other bright color;
- milky and golden
These are the most common options. In reality, there are many more. You can also choose the shades yourself.
Dies with a clear shape in a neutral color are the best tool for creating a strict and laconic design… Many modern trends gravitate towards these characteristics. These are tiles in shades of gray, dark brown and navy blue.
How to choose the right material?
Before purchasing a tile, you must familiarize yourself with the selection criteria. It is necessary to take into account not only the color of the product, but also the characteristic features of the material, its texture, etc.
Combination with technology. If you plan to equip your room with underfloor heating, choose tiles that are compatible with this technology.Otherwise, the material will quickly deteriorate after installation, and you will not be able to fully use the warm floor
- Color… The choice of color is very important. The color should match the style of the interior, the size of the room, the color of furniture and decorative elements. Don't forget about personal preference. The shade should please you.
- Characteristic. Wear resistance class, moisture resistance, thickness - all this affects the service life and preservation of the presentation of the product. Be sure to familiarize yourself with these aspects before purchasing. The higher the specified characteristics, the higher the cost.
Make your purchase consciously. Do not rush to buy tiles in the first store you come across. Evaluate the range of products, compare prices and make an informed choice. Contact only trusted stores that offer certified products at a reasonable price
Tile carpet. A popular design trick that we described above in the article. The finishing material is in harmony with the classic furnishings (furniture, fireplace, wall decoration, decorative elements).
Glossy tiles in a light color with a matte pattern. The material creates a sophisticated and sophisticated atmosphere in the living room.
Luxurious marble effect tiles. Blotches in brown shades flaunt on the dies. The photo shows how the tiles are combined with brown furniture.
White plain tiles in a modern living room. The gloss gently separates the rays of natural light.
Strict gray tiles. A practical and stylish finish for living rooms with a modern touch. The material has a matte texture.
Stylish design using dies of various colors. The optimal color combination (dark brown, light brown, beige) for a classic decor.
Stone-look floor tiles look solid. Several colors are harmoniously combined on one plate: brown, gray, dark gray, beige. Shades of green are also visible.
Tile is a stylish and practical option for decorating living rooms in different decorative styles. It can be used to turn a regular floor into a key style element. Everyone has the opportunity to choose the best option for the price, features and appearance.
You can find out how to lay out floor tiles with your own hands in the next video.