The living room is the heart of your home. It is there that the whole family gathers for a joint pastime. In addition, the room serves to receive guests, so the room should always look stylish and up-to-date.
Upholstered furniture in the living room plays an essential role. She is the concentration of home comfort and softness - this makes her an important part of any interior.
Features of the
When it comes to upholstered furniture, sofas and armchairs are immediately presented. In addition to the most common types, upholstered furniture includes an ottoman, a couch, an upholstered chair and a sofa. Most often, a sofa and an armchair are placed in a recreation area; if the room is large, then several chairs can be placed. These designs will help you relax well after a hard day's work.
The correct choice of upholstered furniture will provide comfort and coziness to all family members. There are some peculiarities when choosing upholstered furniture.
Knowing some of the rules will help you choose a quality design that will serve you for many years.
The choice of this element of the interior is extremely important, since it is on it that more family members fit. In addition, the sofa can be viewed as an extra bed. Before choosing a sofa, you need to measure the room in which it will be placed.
In addition to practical characteristics, it is important to guess with the size of the structure so that it harmoniously fits into the interior, does not create unnecessary inconvenience.
The arrangement of furniture in space plays an important role. If the room has a free corner, then the corner sofas will perfectly fill the room, create complete harmony of the interior. For small rooms, straight sofas for 2-3 seats are suitable.
You should also pay special attention to sofas with a folding mechanism. It is very useful as it instantly turns your sofa into a sleeping place. This feature is especially important when guests arrive, and there are not enough sleeping places for everyone.
When choosing a chair, you need to consider all of the above points. It is important to note that the chair should not be cramped.
Choose the design of this type of furniture to your taste: soft and miniature models or large chic designs in which you can "drown" at the end of the working day with a cup of tea and a blanket. The apartment may also have a headset.
Upholstered furniture is presented in a variety of types.
A multifunctional type of upholstered furniture that has many positive sides, but also small flaws. You can choose any transformer to your liking.
- Book… One of the most popular models. The essence of its unfolding is very simple: you just need to raise the seat and move it so that you get a flat surface. The only drawback is the requirement for a relatively large room size.
- Eurobook… A simple transformation method and a soft berth make this model one of the most popular. To unfold it, you need to pull the seat towards you, and fill the empty space on the second part of the bed with a backrest.
- Draw-out models… The mattress will move outward if you pull the bottom of the structure towards you. The downside is a little reliability (the pull-out mechanism wears out too quickly) and questionable comfort during sleep.
- Dolphin… The seating area contains the main part of the sofa.After transformation, the miniature sofa turns into a wide double bed.
- Accordion… This folding bed model is ideal for small spaces. In addition to the padded backrest, it includes a box for linen or bedding. Even a teenager can handle the expansion of this bed.
Lit… A compact sofa is another option for small living rooms. The back of the sofa is motionless, and the sleeping place is represented by a seating area. The model is notable for the fact that the armrests can be rearranged at any angle
Such contractions can be used to fill the empty corners of the premises. They are divided into two categories:
- Stationary… They consist of two halves that are fastened together with bolts or plates. The sofa has pre-prepared holes for joining the two halves with bolts. This type of connection is suitable for a static position of the sofa, excluding disassembly and transportation. The connection with staples makes it easy to disassemble the sofa into its component parts, but at the same time fixes them securely.
- Modular… Such sofas consist of several parts (basically, there are more than three of them). Such components can be freely moved, interchanged, but this moment can also be considered a disadvantage, since it is inconvenient to sit on two parts at once because of the joints.
The shape of corner sofas is different. It helps to fit the sofa into any space.
Divide U-shaped and L-shaped sofas. In L-shaped, one part is usually longer than the other, so it is necessary to carefully measure the parameters of the furniture room. U-shaped structures can be used for zoning rooms, for example, for fencing off the dining room and kitchen area. The back of the sofa is the longest part.
The most classic version. Fits into any room, can be of any size. There are different armrests and folding methods described above.
When choosing chairs, you need to take into account, first of all, softness and comfort. Distinguish:
- Armchair-bed… An extra bed never hurts. In such a chair you can relax both during the day and at night. The folding mechanism can be any of the above.
- Non-folding chair ideal for relaxation. This type also includes rocking chairs, which are ideal for relaxing and spending time in comfort.
- Bag chair is one of the most comfortable types of chairs. Due to its texture, it is able to conform to the shape of the human body, so the chair is very comfortable in any position. Children will especially love this type of design.
- Computer chair Suitable for a work area if your living room has a work area. It is important to choose the right type of furniture that will adapt to the natural curves of the human spine, while maintaining the health of the musculoskeletal system.
So, you have decided on the models of upholstered furniture for the living room.
If in the list of types you have already found something that ideally suits your room in terms of its characteristics, then you need to decide on the design style.
Determining the style
Upholstered furniture should fit into the main style of the room. Of course, you can experiment with combinations of styles, but this should be done with caution so as not to create disharmony in the room.
- Classic style furniture is always up to date. Upholstered furniture should be done in soothing shades. You can use not too bright geometric or floral prints.
- Baroque style always looks luxurious and bold. Furniture must match the style. The legs of the beds can be curved, made of lacquered wood. Armchair and sofa handles can accommodate a large number of ornaments, and the upholstery can be of bright color with ornate patterns. This style is perfect for creative people who are not afraid to experiment.It is worth noting that it is necessary to select furniture very carefully, since the general interior in the Baroque style does not tolerate modern designs, for example, in the style of minimalism.
If your interior is made in the style of minimalism, then the furniture should have clear contours, be free from unnecessary details. Excess furniture in the room, and therefore, lack of free space is unacceptable. The lightweight design, made in a discreet color palette, is perfect for this style. From upholstered furniture, you should give preference to classic straight sofas and several armchairs or soft ottomans. The sofa may not have armrests. Such elements will emphasize the tranquility and comfort of the home environment
The most popular today are classic and provence styles.
The substances from which the furniture is made play a fundamental role in building its characteristics and durability. It is necessary to disassemble the materials from which the living room furnishings can be made.
- Upholstery can be made of fabrics… Materials can vary in color or texture. A large number of options on the modern market makes it possible to choose a product for absolutely any interior.
- Leather it has a pleasant appearance and durability if it is chosen correctly. The leather sofa can be located both in the living room and in the office. When choosing furniture made of genuine leather, you need to consider its considerable cost.
- Eco leather (artificial leather). The price is cheaper than genuine leather, but also inferior to its characteristics and durability. Leather furniture emphasizes the status of any home.
When choosing a sofa upholstery, it is not recommended to give preference to cheap and low-quality cover options. Such materials are short-lived; over time, they lose their appearance.
A more prudent and logical decision would be to purchase high-quality furniture that will delight you for many years.
Filling plays an important role, because the softness and elasticity of the product depends on it. Inexpensive sofas are filled with padding polyester, foam rubber and other materials. The disadvantage of using them is their fragility, subject to constant use. A good solution is to purchase a multi-layer filler, which contains several layers of material, together creating a reliable and resilient coating.
The sofa, which is an additional berth, must be equipped with special springs to maintain a healthy back.
Some types of furniture, such as modular, are formed with a frame.
- It can be made of wood… Natural aspen, oak and other types are a reliable frame for your sofa. In addition, the material is environmentally friendly.
- Metal… The most durable type of frame. It can be repaired and sealed a great many times without losing its function and appearance.
- Composite materials… The most budgetary option, unfortunately, does not differ in special characteristics and durability.
How to choose a color?
The color of the product dictates its basic style and creates the overall atmosphere of the living room. There are many options for creating a beautiful setting with a combination of colors.
- Monochrome… In this case, both the walls and the furniture have the same color, but differ only in shades. For example, the walls are yellow and the sofa is mustard.
- Neutral… The walls in soothing colors are combined with the pleasant shade of the sofa. For example, beige walls look good with a gray or brown sofa and armchairs.
- Calm color sofa can be placed in an interior full of colors. The abundance of colors and the tranquility of upholstered furniture will create harmony and special comfort.
- Bright sofa in a neutral interior… In this case, bright furniture will add zest to the classic interior.
- Combination of black, white or red colors makes the interior bold and luxurious.
- Dark turquoise furniture today has become more and more used. It is suitable for creative people.
It is necessary to familiarize yourself with the assortment of furniture from furniture factories. Keep track of the assortment as the number of new trends increases. One of the most famous furniture factories in Russia is Blando… The company's website contains a wide range of products with a convenient search.
Company "Logos-South" also makes exclusive furniture, has a large assortment of sofas and armchairs for every budget and taste.
Domestic furniture is quite competitive. It is of high quality and quite affordable cost. Also at the peak of popularity today is Germany. This year, a combination of several styles, such as minimalism and art deco, is becoming popular.
In addition, there was a fashion for the "naturalness" of the interior. It means smooth curves of upholstered furniture, frames made of natural materials, calm colors. Multifunctional products that have many sections for storing things are considered especially relevant..
Correctly selected furniture for the living room will create a competent multifunctional interior that will delight all household members with its appearance.
You need to take into account all of the above factors when choosing furniture and, of course, rely on your taste. After all, the interior of your home is a reflection of your character and inner world.
Beautiful examples in the interior
- Elite upholstered furniture for the hall looks simply luxurious. She shows the high status of her owners. Such a kit will certainly have a high cost.
- Fashionable upholstered living room furniture should be simple, without excessive pretentiousness. Basically, it is made in white or beige, but the accents should certainly be bright. Red cushions are a great option.
- On 18 sq. m it is possible to place a beautiful set of upholstered furniture. Choose furnishings that contrast with the walls.
How to choose a sofa for the living room, you can learn from the video below.