A well-thought-out color scheme of the living room will emphasize the quality of the renovation, the impeccability of the selected furniture, the exclusivity of decorative elements and the style solution of the interior. Various shades of turquoise contribute to the disclosure of design ideas, plans and ideas when arranging a modern living room in any style.
The aqua color is incredibly successful for decorating the central room of the house. Most people associate it with the surf, warm season and holidays, so in such an environment it is good to dream of distant shores and countries, make plans for the future and indulge in bliss.
A relaxing atmosphere will always reign in the turquoise living room, but at the same time, aquamarine will saturate with energy and encourage active creative activity.
How to use?
Turquoise is presented in a rich color range: from dazzling aquamarine to aquamarine. This allows the natural shade to be used in many design projects and different styles. Any variations of turquoise are pleasing to the eye, contribute to relaxation, but do not overdo it in the interior of the living room - everything should be in moderation. Only then the color will fully manifest itself, giving the main room in the house style and individuality:
- Turquoise can be the leading color in the room, or it can be complementary. In the first case, it is worth combining it with neutral shades, and in the second, using turquoise notes in accessories and decorative elements.
- You can use it as a basis only in that living room where there is a lot of sun and light. In other cases, a cool shade requires high-quality artificial lighting, otherwise the interior will look gloomy and uncomfortable.
- A tandem of turquoise with warm shades will be most relevant.
Aquamarine goes well with almost the entire color palette, and each combination is attractive in its own way:
- White paired with turquoise is considered a classic of the genre. The cool range can be diluted with herbal and sunny yellow paints. For example, a good option is snow-white walls, turquoise curtains and furniture and light sunny accents in the form of decorative figurines.
- Silver or gold in a duet with navy blue speaks of the desire to create a truly bohemian and pretentious interior. Pearl shades will add discreet luxury and sophistication to the living room. It is better to use them in decorative elements: patterns on pillows and curtains, paintings, photo frames.
- A tandem with chocolate shades can be called truly noble. This combination is especially popular with designers. One of the options is brown walls and floors, aquamarine furniture sets and snow-white accessories.
- Gray as an addition will make any living room look elegant and stylish. An effective combination, but at the same time cold. Ideal for rooms with south-facing windows.
- An aquamarine living room will look exotic in a duet with a black palette. It is important to find a balance here so that the interior does not seem gloomy: black figurines, an elegant candlestick, embossed curtains, a small flower vase. This design is more often a man's choice. Such combinations are alien to girls.
- The violet-turquoise interior looks mystical and mysterious. This combination speaks of the extraordinary taste of the owners. You can use any shades of lilac: from plum to amethyst.
- Small pink accents in the form of paintings, cushions or discreet curtains can bring spring freshness to the living room. It is important to find a balance here so that the abundance of pink elements does not turn the main room in the house into a girl's boudoir.
- A bold tandem with orange will make the room feel more relaxed. Warm amber color in the interior gives energy and warms in cold winter evenings. The living room will become cozy, even if there are few orange elements.
Style and color
The use of turquoise shades is acceptable in different design genres:
- Scandinavian style. A characteristic feature is the combination of aquamarine in decoration and textiles with natural wood. As a complement, shades of gray, white and blue are relevant. Such an interior looks natural and fresh.
- Turquoise perfectly conveys the atmosphere of warmth Mediterranean style, especially its Greek variation. The main tone is white, while blue and turquoise are reminiscent of the color of the Greek seas, on the shores of which are stunning warm resorts.
- Hi-tech and minimalism imply restrained laconic designs in gray-turquoise colors. Here, the clear lines and simplicity of furniture designs are offset by a bright ultramarine finish.
- Delicate French provence and a touching rustic setting country often complemented by shades of turquoise, blue and sunny yellow. They are embodied in textiles, accessories, decorative details.
- Classic living rooms in turquoise tones resemble, rather, palace chambers. Aquamarine can be used in wall decoration, furniture upholstery, small design items. Turquoise in the classics is in harmony with gold, bronze, silver, which are applied by embossing on fabric or wallpaper.
- The combination of white with aqua is also typical for American Art Nouveau. Tiffany-inspired designs are sure to include vibrant turquoise components, stained glass windows and colored glass lampshades.
Walls and floor
You should not avoid using aqua on the walls in the interior of the living room. The right combination with details of other shades will make the room interesting and unique. Hang pictures, mirrors, cuckoo clocks on the walls - and the room will sparkle with the right colors.
It is worth remembering that aquamarine is acceptable if there is a lot of sunlight in the room, bright artificial lighting. So, even the deepest shades of turquoise will look exquisite.
Any material can be taken as a basis: for example, modern wallpaper, especially since their choice today is amazing. An interesting option would be turquoise canvases with mother-of-pearl splashes. Something similar can be organized using painting: a gold or silver pattern is applied over the main background with a thin brush. The ornament is chosen depending on the preferences of the owners: vertical stripes will visually increase the space, curls and monograms will create the effect of royal chambers.
The floor covering in a room with turquoise walls should not be provocative or eye-catching. It is better to make it discreet: sand, beige and coffee, gray. These colors will balance the saturation and coolness of the main tone.
For Mediterranean style and some other areas, white flooring is ideal.
Maintaining order in such a room will require additional effort, but this combination looks elegant and aesthetically pleasing. In the interior of the living room, a turquoise carpet will be appropriate, but it is better not to use floors of this color, as they can irritate the psyche.
The aquamarine-colored ceiling space can radically change a room if you choose the right light sources and the texture of the finishing canvas. Turquoise is ideal for a glossy stretch finish. The lighting around the perimeter will give the ceiling the look of a summer sky, make it light and weightless, and the room will become visually taller. In this case, snow-white or cream walls are relevant. Such an interior will give the feeling of a cool sea breeze, freshness and cleanliness.
Furniture and accessories
If the living room does not have enough natural daylight, then aqua furniture is the perfect solution. It is enough to choose the right upholstery for a soft headset to make the room bright, dynamic and life-affirming. Aquamarine in furniture and decorative elements will help dilute boring monochrome walls.
Turquoise custom-made modular furniture can also play a key role in the interior.
An interesting solution will be plasterboard niches in aquamarine color, framing snow-white vases and figurines.
Shades of the color of the surf in the living room accessories will refresh and diversify it. Such a simple technique allows you to effectively transform a room using a minimum of money and time, because it is much easier to replace the turquoise decorative details with any others than to completely repair the apartment.
In the following video, you will find the designer's recommendations for additions for a turquoise living room.