Correctly and tastefully decorated hall in an apartment or house will delight guests and hosts every time. After all, it is from this room that the first impression of your home depends. Here you spend most of your time, relaxing with your family, watching TV and meeting guests.
It is not an easy task to create the most comfortable, light, stylish and bright interior of the hall, therefore, if you do not have the time and financial resources to choose a special design, try using some original ideas that will be discussed in this article.
Features of the
It doesn't matter what wallpaper you choose, and how you will glue them, the main thing is that you need to do this very carefully. Mistakes are forgivable when wallpapering in a bedroom or hallway, but not in the "heart" of an apartment, where family evenings and meetings with friends take place. To avoid mistakes in work, it is worth remembering some tips.
Pasting wallpaper in a room means that you will encounter various difficult areas in the form of radiators, switches, sockets. The corners are also not the most pleasant places to worry about.
Choose wallpaper with a small pattern. If the canvases with a large pattern, or the distance between the patterns is decent, then the material consumption will be much higher, because it will go away when fitting.
As soon as you have laid out the wallpaper, measured the length, compared whether the pattern matches, be sure to number them in order to avoid installation in the wrong sequence. You should start gluing wallpaper from the window, it does not matter - from the left or right side, as it will be convenient for you. In order to properly glue the wallpaper in the corner, it is necessary that the canvas overlaps the next wall by no more than 30 mm. If it is more, cut off the excess.
When it comes to outlets and switches, you will need to unscrew them for convenience. When gluing the canvas to an outlet or switch, make two small diagonal cuts in this place. Then carefully trim off a small section of the wallpaper, leaving a small gap. It can be neatly tucked away under the socket housing or switches. Once you have dealt with this, you can safely fasten the fasteners.
Do not forget to turn off the electricity in the apartment during this time
With batteries, things are a little more complicated. Although, if you apply ingenuity and cunning, then you can cope with wallpapering very easily, without errors. From the top of the battery to the bottom of the blade, several diagonal cuts must be made. This will allow you to manage the wallpaper the way you like. And the seams behind the battery will not be noticeable and will not spoil the appearance of the room in any way.
If you have coped with pasting the hall, then you can safely move on to the next room or arrange furniture and enjoy the renovation.
A master class on the correct gluing of wallpaper, see below.
Which ones to choose?
Today, there are many options for wallpaper for the walls in the living room, and even the cheapest wallpaper samples can look beautiful and stylish. However, there are many points to consider when choosing this finishing material.
Vinyl, bamboo, metal, textile and others are considered durable and high-quality wallpapers. The main thing is to remember that there are no absolutely perfect rolled canvases, they can all have their drawbacks. Thanks to their variety, you can choose those that will suit all your requirements:
- Paper wallpaper belongs to the category of lightweight and cheap materials. They just need to paste over the room. But they do not hide the flaws of the surfaces and quickly lose their "freshness".
- Non-woven wallpaper can also be purchased for a reasonable price. They have good heat and sound insulation. They hide the unevenness of the walls.
- Especially popular now are wallpaper… The choice is quite varied, they look good and modern and, importantly, they are sold at an affordable price.
- Wallpaper for painting - a very convenient and practical option. They can freshen up your room. They can be painted over more than once.
- Vinyl wallpapers are distinguished by their durability. They are moisture resistant and embossed. However, not everyone can afford such canvases. They include expensive materials, which is reflected in the total cost of the wallpaper.
- Textile wallpaper is considered one of the most expensive. Natural materials are used for their production. Due to this, they do not have joints on the walls.
To make it easier for you to understand which wallpaper patterns are right for your living room, a few easy rules should be followed:
- it is necessary to take into account the parameters of the hall, such as the height of the ceiling, the width of the walls and even lighting, layout features, the style of the room, your own character traits;
- when choosing wallpaper for the hall, you should take into account both your wishes and the position of the room relative to the cardinal points. For northern and eastern rooms, warm and bright colors are suitable, if the room is on the south and west side, then it is better to choose colors of cold shades;
- the main thing is to decide what style of the interior you like, and then select the pattern and type of wallpaper, taking into account the idea, design and decoration.
Remember that lighting and the location of windows in a room can also affect how a particular color will be perceived in an interior.
When choosing a wallpaper, do not forget about the style and color of the furniture. If your furniture is dark in color, experts advise to glue one or more walls with light canvases, and others with dark ones. Contrast is a great technique that will always be in vogue.
Colors and prints
The color scheme that will become the main one in the room is almost completely predetermined by the decor of the walls. It is worth remembering that it is better if the colors of the wallpaper are repeated in the interior, be it furniture, doors, floor, ceiling or decor items.
Warm is the dominance of red, yellow and orange tones, cold - the predominance of blue, blue and lilac. Most often it is advised not to combine warm and cold colors. It looks inharmonious, it is unlikely that you will be comfortable in this room.
It is better to try to combine cold and warm tones with neutral ones. In extreme cases, the room should be decorated in only one color scheme.
Decorating the walls with two different types of wallpaper in saturated colors is also not worth it. It is better to combine a bright and juicy color with a neutral one. The same situation is with canvases that have a drawing. Here it is advised to combine wallpaper with a calm and laconic design.
A small step away from the color you intend can change the overall picture for the worse. If you decide to decorate the hall with two types of wallpaper, then, if possible, purchase them in one store so that you can immediately and accurately choose harmoniously combined textures and colors. The easiest way is to choose one type of wallpaper. Color at your discretion.
Wallpaper in light colors or with a vertical stripe will help expand a small room with a low ceiling. To avoid the cramped and oppressive atmosphere in the room, do not use wallpaper with large contrasting patterns. There is no need to worry that the room will look boring. Remember, classics will never go out of style.
Large rooms can be decorated with both light and dark wallpapers.Light tones will emphasize free space, dark tones will provide an opportunity to visually reduce the room to a more comfortable size.
The hall is the room where you relax, meet guests and spend most of your time. Therefore, you should not decorate the room with shades that contradict each other. For example, combine bright red and blue or pink and yellow. Combinations of beige and brown, red and white, gray and blue are well suited for the living room. These colors will allow you to create maximum comfort in the interior.
Remember that the choice of wallpaper must be taken as seriously as possible. It is worth considering both your preferences and the advice of experts:
- a small living room is best decorated in pastel colors. For example, mint, lavender, or pink;
- for a cool living room, an apricot, strawberry, peach tone of wallpaper is well suited. These colors will help create a cozy and warming atmosphere.
Just remember that warm colors can visually reduce the space.
- if the living room is distinguished by its high temperature, then aquamarine, pale blue, mint or lilac color of paintings will be appropriate here;
- south, east, southwest and southeast rooms look good in classic shades of gray, blue and light blue;
- pearl, silver, gold color scheme looks expensive and stylish;
- green, burgundy, cherry paints will look good in the hall. They will give a special atmosphere, add brightness.
Prints and wallpaper prints will help to decorate the living room, to make it special. Now you can print on any surface, including wallpaper. And there are so many options that you don't have to invent it yourself. Today, the most popular wallpaper designs are animal, floral and newspaper prints. However, it is better to decorate only one wall with a bright floral print, otherwise it will merge into one large drawing and will not become the highlight of your room.
You can arrange your room the way you want. You can stick any style of painting or celebrity posters on the walls. Recently, stickers and vinyl decals have become popular.
The popularity of this method of pasting walls, as a combination, is becoming more and more popular:
- Firstly, it is fashionable now.
- Secondly, you can paste over one room with different types of wallpaper in case you do not decide on one color.
- Thirdly, you can divide the space into several zones.
Nowadays, many are connecting the living room with the dining area. The zoning of the room is very important here. By combining different wallpapers, you can separate the kitchen from the living room or the living room from the bedroom if one room is used both as a bedroom and as a meeting place for guests.
Decorating the walls with two types of wallpaper in the living room will allow you to create a unique interior every time that will not leave you and your guests indifferent.
There is a palette of ready-made color combinations. They can be used if necessary to decorate the living room so that it looks harmonious and bright.
To make it easier for you to approach the choice of wallpaper, you can take a closer look at some examples of different types of combinations:
one of the most common and interesting types of combination is considered to be vertical. When using this method, wallpaper of several colors is pasted: two or even three colors. They are combined with each other by vertical canvases and are located on one or on adjacent walls
gluing canvases with horizontal technique is difficult, but in the end it looks interesting and stylish
the most effective technique is the patchwork technique. This method makes it possible to make the pasting of walls with different wallpapers in the form of square pieces of material. Square, triangular or other shaped sections of wallpaper are placed in absolutely any sequence on those sections of the wall where you want
Due to correctly selected wallpapers and their neat gluing, you can transform the living room beyond recognition. And whatever wallpaper you choose - light, calm or bright colors, it is worth remembering that the situation in the room will depend on you. If you make the room cozy and warm, then not only you, but also your guests will be satisfied.