The living room is the main room in the house, where all family members gather, holidays are celebrated, where guests are invited. In the process of renovation and interior design, special attention is always paid to this room. It is important to make this room truly cozy, comfortable and welcoming. It is possible to create such an atmosphere in the best possible way by choosing light colors for decoration.
Features of the
The choice of color is very important for the decoration of the room. Colors are able to create the right mood, to have a certain effect on the human psyche. Design in light colors has an extremely beneficial effect. It relieves tension, helps to relax, gives a feeling of freshness and cleanliness., therefore, such shades are suitable for any room, especially for the living room.
Light colors in the design of the hall have many advantages:
- The space visually becomes larger, more spacious;
- Against the background of such a finish, both light and dark interior elements will look harmonious;
- Natural materials will perfectly fit into such a room: wood, marble and granite;
- A bright environment helps to relax, to feel peaceful;
- Over time, such an interior is easy to update, adding several bright accents to it.
The disadvantages of this design include:
- High price … Light furniture is usually more expensive than dark furniture.
- Impracticality … Any dirt is noticeable against a light background, however, modern manufacturers offer such materials for repair and upholstery of furniture that are capable of withstanding wet cleaning, and any pollution can be easily washed off.
Depending on the design style chosen for the living room, the design of the room in light colors has its own nuances.
A bright living room in a classic style is the perfect solution. All family members, without exception, will feel comfortable and comfortable here. For decoration, you can safely choose olive, peach, beige shades. For the floor, parquet is suitable, for the walls - plain white or milky wallpaper or with a dull pattern. Furniture is selected from natural materials. An excellent option is wood with carvings and gilding.
To diversify the space, you can complement it with a carpet of contrasting color. In addition, columns, stucco moldings, a fireplace, and a crystal chandelier will ideally fit into the classics as a decor. The main condition is that all elements must be located symmetrically.
Such an interior will always look original, expensive and luxurious.
This style assumes a minimum amount of furniture. Everything should be thought out from the practical point of view, only the really necessary items are in the room. The use of multifunctional items is encouraged. Free space and light shades will create a unique feeling of lightness and airiness in a stylish living room.
When choosing furniture, strict geometry is observed. Decor and textiles are used very sparingly. Carpets, curtains and furniture upholstery are selected in plain colors, without patterns. As bright accents, you can hang black and white photographs or paintings on the walls.
Usually, the loft style assumes dark shades, however, it can also be decorated in a light key. Everything is designed in the style of an attic: light wooden beams can be installed on the ceiling, the floor is laid out with whitewashed laminate, for the walls you can choose light paint or decor with white brick. The furniture is chosen comfortable and spacious. Provision should be made for a variety of seating areas with multiple cushions. In the center of the room, you can place a TV and a large carpet in bright colors.
For such a room, you can choose the most modern options, design models as furniture and materials for repair. For walls, light paint, fabric wallpaper or decor made of light wood panels are suitable. The floor can be made of marble or parquet. Furniture should be chosen with smooth outlines, with carved or forged inserts. A contrasting color sofa can be used as a bright accent.
This style involves the use of rural motives of the suburbs of France, which looks very organic in the light version. For the walls, you can choose light wallpapers with muted, powdery floral patterns. For the floor, you can pick up bleached parquet or laminate. Furniture can be pastel shades, artificially aged or draped with an ornamental fabric.
This style can be easily implemented in a bright living room. It is distinguished by an abundance of glass, mirrors, metallic glossy surfaces. For such an interior, a background of light monochromatic wallpaper and floor is ideal. You can choose paint or wallpaper as a wall covering, for a floor - glossy surfaces - marble or tiles.
The choice of the design of the living room and materials for it is an important stage in the design of the room. Finishing the floor, walls, ceiling should be a light background of the room, which can be harmoniously diversified with bright accents.
As materials for walls in a bright living room, you can use:
- Vinyl or non-woven wallpaper. It is better to choose monochromatic models or with a dull, muted ornament. White wallpaper can create an uncomfortable atmosphere, so it is better to give preference to beige, olive, lilac.
- Wallpaper for painting. This is a convenient option, since the color of the walls can be changed several times, creating a new interior.
- Wall decoration with fabric. This option looks very elegant, but its cost will be quite high. This option is ideal for walls with flaws, allows you to visually hide all surface irregularities.
- Plaster. This decorative, easy-to-work material allows you to create beautiful patterns on the walls.
The following options are suitable for the ceiling:
- Painting in light shades or plaster.
- Stretch ceiling. It can be white, cream, ivory. The glossy surface reflects light and makes the room even brighter.
- Installation of whitewashed wooden beams.
- For a classic design, you can choose a white ceiling cornice or decorate the corner at the junction of the walls with the ceiling with stucco molding.
Covering for a light floor can be of several types:
- Carpet. It gives the living room a unique feeling of coziness and comfort, however, it is impractical to use, it gets dirty easily and wears out quickly. The best option is to use a large format rug.
- Parquet - excellent coverage, although the cost can be very high.
- Laminate - a material that looks like parquet, but its cost is several times lower. It serves for a long time, has high wear resistance.
- Linoleum … One of the most budgetary options. It is practical to use and comes in a wide range of colors.
- Porcelain stoneware. Very durable material, resistant to moisture and mechanical stress.
- Self-leveling floor. Visually resembles linoleum, and on closer examination - tiles. Its main advantage is the absence of seams, and its disadvantage is complex installation and a limited choice of colors.
A bright living room assumes a discreet furniture design. It is important to maintain a sense of airiness and spaciousness. A large number of objects in a room can spoil this effect, especially in a small apartment. In addition, furniture should not blend in with walls and floors. It should differ by several tones. One or more objects can be distinguished against the general background with a contrasting color.
The main attribute of the living room is a sofa. An excellent solution is modular upholstered furniture. You can combine the structure as you like, giving it a straight or angular shape. A contrasting color, for example, a brown sofa or a light color, harmoniously combined with the entire furnishings of the room, will succinctly fit into a bright living room. For a beige or pearl sofa, you can add multiple pillows in bright colors.
If space permits, the sofa can be supplemented with a pair of armchairs. In a small room, you can additionally limit yourself to a pouf or a rocking chair.
Cabinet furniture in a bright room should be "light", with a maximum number of open shelves, so as not to clutter up the space. For storing things, you can choose a modular or solid wall, shelving, wardrobe. When choosing a wardrobe, it is better to give preference to doors with a mirror or glass insert. Such doors can be decorated with sandblasting pattern, photo printing, interior stickers, stained glass.
If you plan to put a coffee table next to the sofa, it is better to choose the glass option. Passing light through itself, it will create the impression of the absence of any furniture in this place.
In addition to furniture, a lot of attention should be paid to lighting. In a dark room, light shades will be lost; if there is a lack of light, you need to take care of the arrangement of lamps around the perimeter of the space. It is better to combine two types of light: primary and secondary. For general light, you can use a large chandelier in the center of the ceiling. A trendy and modern option for people who love experimentation is a black chandelier. She can act as a bright accent, emphasize the light atmosphere of the living room.
Local spotlights, floor lamps, sconces with lampshades will help create a subdued light for relaxation. With the help of such lighting devices, it is possible to highlight with light an important element in the room - a picture, a niche in the wall, unusual design items.
Tips & Tricks
To transform a bright living room, you can follow several recommendations:
- If there is not enough natural light in the room, it is better not to choose cold shades, but to give preference to warm ones.
- When choosing lighting devices, it is worth remembering the size of the room and the height of the ceilings. Chandelier, sconces, floor lamps should harmoniously fit into the space.
- It is worth taking care of the number of outlets in advance. The more, the better. This way it will be possible to connect the desired number of lighting fixtures, avoiding the use of extension cords.
- Furniture, floor, walls and ceiling should be in harmony with each other in terms of color and texture.
- If the walls and floors are finished, furniture is chosen in light shades, dark textiles will help to add variety: sofa cushions, curtains, carpet. In this case, it is better to choose tulle white or cream.
- When choosing materials, you need to remember that light surfaces are very easily soiled. It is better to give preference to a finish that is amenable to wet cleaning, and furniture covers should be removable.
- You don't need to make everything in the room a light color. Contrasting elements must be present that make the interior not so bland.
- When adding bright objects to the interior, it is important to consider that dark shades should be located at the bottom, closer to the floor, and light ones at the top.
- When choosing a decor, it is important not to overdo it with the number of elements. Too many small details will create the feeling of a busy space.
For information on how to choose interior items in light colors, see the next video.
Beautiful examples in the interior
A bright living room always looks advantageous, cozy and spacious. The main thing is to harmoniously choose furniture and accessories. For ideas of modern design in light shades for inspiration, see the photo below.