A home bar or a bar counter has long been no wonder in the interior of a modern kitchen or living room. Pleasant meetings with friends or gala family dinners are almost always accompanied by a couple of glasses of your favorite wine or other drinks. A wardrobe or cabinet for storing a collection of alcoholic beverages and special dishes perfectly complements the decoration of the room and demonstrates the taste and preferences of the owner of the apartment to the guests.
Features and Benefits
Modern kitchens do not always have a large enough area. And with many layouts, the kitchen is combined with the living room. Therefore, receptions and dinner parties are often held in this room of the apartment.
Home bar fits well into the interior, moreover, makes the storage of alcohol and special utensils more convenient and aesthetic. The collection of your favorite drinks will not gather dust on the shelves in the cabinets and cabinets. Having a mini-bar in the living room, you can beautifully arrange bottles with drinks, making a composition out of them. And your guests will be able to appreciate your collection and your taste.
Most often, a pedestal bar is used in the interiors of living rooms.
The main advantages of purchasing and placing a home bar in the living room include:
- Compactness, ease of movement. Most home mini-bars are small in size and also have small casters. This simplifies the movement of such furniture, allows it to fit into the interior without taking up a lot of space in the room.
- A wide range of models of various designs and styles. Due to the wide variety of styles, you can easily choose an option that will fit into the interior of your room.
- Convenient design designed specifically for storing specific dishes and bottles with drinks. Since this type of furniture is designed for specific purposes, the models are equipped with shelves, holders, stands and other devices for convenient and beautiful storage of alcoholic beverages.
- Wide range of prices. A home bar can be purchased at a very affordable cost.
Models vary depending on design and mobility.
- Open pedestal bars. These models have a glass showcase or open shelves and shelves. The content of such a bar is in plain sight. Often, such options are equipped with decorative elements, elegant stands, additional sections for the location of barware. Depending on the capacity, they can be in the form of elegant small pedestals, or they can be a large bar-sideboard designed for a large collection of drinks.
- Closed constructions. Such models resemble a chest of drawers. Content is hidden from view by opaque doors or sliding screens. This option better protects the bottles inside from possible damage. Closed models are better suited in cases where there are children in the house. Little ones will be less tempted to play with the pretty bottles. In addition, in the case of active games in the room, the closed structure will protect both the dishes themselves and children from possible injuries from fragments.
- Mobile mini-bars. These models are small in size and equipped with several casters. This makes it possible for them to move freely around the room, and if necessary, such a curbstone can be rolled out to the garden area of a private house if guests are received in a gazebo.
- Embedded models. The curbstone bar can be combined with other types of furniture or built into a wall niche, back of a sofa or armchair.
Location and design
The place in which the curbstone bar will be installed should be selected taking into account the interior of the room and the convenience of using the bar.
Ideas for the location and decoration of a home bar:
- Corner placement is convenient and saves space in the hall. It is better to choose a corner that is located next to the guest sofa or armchairs. Take care of good lighting in the corner space chosen for the bar. You can choose a model of a curbstone with built-in lighting. This option will also attract attention in dim lighting, for example, during a candlelit dinner.
- Also an original option is the cabinet-bar built into the wall niche. This design will not interfere with movement around the room, it is safer for the safety of bottles with drinks.
It is impossible to stumble on such a curbstone through negligence and damage its contents, since it protrudes very little from the wall and is well fixed.
- If you have an empty opening, the bar can be positioned in it. For such an arrangement, more spacious models of large dimensions, for example, a sideboard bar, are better suited.
- A small bar can also be built into upholstered furniture. This solution is often used in modern Art Nouveau style. The design can be pulled out from the back of a sofa or chair. The bar can be integrated into the armrest. These models have a small capacity, but they help save space, hide the contents of the bar and the entire structure from children.
- The mini-bar in the form of a multi-tiered table can be placed in the center of the living room, surrounded by armchairs or comfortable chairs for guests.
Models with built-in decorative lighting of the shelves look impressive with this arrangement.
For the correct use of this type of furniture, you must adhere to the advice of experts.
- If you plan to keep a collection of wine, care should be taken to create the right conditions. In this case, it is better to opt for a compact wine cabinet model. It automatically constantly maintains the desired temperature and optimum humidity level. The bottle holders and shelves are angled so that natural sediment settles on the bottom.
- When designing your minibar, try to keep its racks and shelves full. Replenish your collection in time, as a half-empty bar does not look so impressive.
- For wine storage, it is better to choose a dimly lit area of the room or a closed cabinet design. Long-term exposure to light on wine bottles negatively affects its taste.
- Don't try to fill your bar with a lot of bottles of the same drink. Better to have a more varied set of drinks, albeit in small quantities. If alcohol is bottled in a large container, it is better to have 1 bottle of such a drink.
- For a variety of cocktails, keep Coca-Cola, syrups, and juices in the refrigerator. This will help you surprise and delight guests with a large selection of drinks.
- Try to comply with the terms and conditions of storage of various types of alcohol. If this or that drink does not tolerate high temperatures, it is better to store it in a cool cellar or refrigerator, and put it in a bar in the hall just before the arrival of guests and serving.
For an unusual transformer cabinet that can be used as a mini-bar, see below.