Probably, every person was faced with the problem of drying clothes, which consisted of finding the right place. The way out of this situation will be your balcony or loggia. How exactly, we will tell in our article.
Features of the
The balcony is a great place with excellent ventilation. Undoubtedly, you need to use it for your own good - to grow various plants, equip with everything you need for relaxation, and also, combining business with pleasure, you can install a clothes dryer.
First of all, you need to decide on the place where the installation will be made. Based on this, the appropriate option should be selected. Each of them also differs in its form and functionality, each has its own characteristics and disadvantages.
A dryer can be purchased at the store. In doing so, pay attention to the manufacturer, his reputation and experience. So, well-proven companies can be trusted. But too cheap models should alert you. If you want to save money, then you can prefer another option. For example, you can make your own dryer.
There are also special schemes according to which you can assemble a dryer even with your own hands while at home, for example, using PVC pipes. They are used in plumbing and can be purchased at any store with a similar theme. Dryers are made from a variety of materials, from plastic to non-ferrous metals. Therefore, you can choose the option you need at your discretion, and most importantly your budget.
A wall dryer is a great option, especially for small balconies. It is a metal base, hollow inside, in which a special spring mechanism with ropes is installed. If necessary, it extends to a certain distance and you can safely hang up the laundry, and after drying, immediately push it back in to save space. Such a structure is fixed to the wall with the necessary self-tapping screws.
There are special models with additional shelves for laundry weighing up to 20 kg. The usual standard options hold half the time. The disadvantage may be that over time, under the weight of the laundry, the ropes can sag and have to be changed. Many housewives prefer this particular option, since it is wall dryers that are quite practical, functional and easy to use.
The wall-mounted version of the dryer is quite popular among modern people. They have a variety of models that will successfully fit into the space and style of your balcony. What else is the advantage:
- The dryer design is quite simple… It can be easily assembled, assembled, and even independently. This will not cause additional difficulties for you.
- Practicality and reliability. If you have correctly installed the dryer on the wall, and the design meets the declared characteristics, then there is no doubt about its reliability. Such a product will serve you for a long time, if used correctly.
- Ease of use. You can hang the dryer wherever it is convenient for you to use it. This will free up the rest of the space you need. The design itself is also quite convenient. Inside the body there is a drum on which clotheslines can be easily wound. If there is such a need, the drum wheel will be able to wind up the excess length thanks to the built-in spring.
- The wall-mounted clothes dryer can be conveniently folded up and placed where it will not obstruct the passage of people. The ropes themselves unwind and hide in the drum. Compactness is another advantage of the product.
- Availability. Modern manufacturers offer a wide range of dryers at a wide variety of prices. You can choose a suitable option for yourself and use it with pleasure. Of course, the more expensive the structure, the stronger and better it will be (if you buy it from trusted firms).
- Great mood. When the whole space is well organized, then you and your family members will be in a great mood. The laundry will dry efficiently in a certain place, and you will get additional space to put other things you need there.
Modern manufacturers produce many types of wall dryers. All of them differ in pricing policy, composition, design. The main models include:
- Options that can be attached to the wall of a spacious loggia. Such products can have a wide variety of designs. It can be a compact and miniature dryer, like towel rails. There is also a multi-tiered model that can withstand twenty kilograms of linen.
- Inertial wall dryers at an affordable cost… These models have a mostly compact body that is attached to the wall. Inside it is a special spring drum with clothes lines. This retractable structure is designed mainly for six kilograms of weight. The rope hooks are located on the opposite side. This model will be comfortable for small balconies. Of course, it is worth remembering that the ropes will sag over time.
- Console models. These wall dryers are sliding. They can withstand an impressive weight of laundry up to ten kilograms. They represent an accordion-shaped structure, which is attached to the wall.
With your own hands
You can also try to make your own dryer design. This is a rather long and complicated process, but if you wish, you can try to do it. This way, you can save your time, money and money. To craft you need tools and some materials.
It is necessary to purchase two beams, the material for which both wood and iron can serve. Next, you need to drill a small diameter hole along the entire length. Place the rails around the edges of your balcony and secure them with screws, pulling on the clothesline beforehand. You can pre-paint the entire structure in the color you want. Using a plastic base, you can use PVC plumbing pipes.
To make such a dryer, you can use your imagination and come up with something unusual and original in your style. For example, you can use the same PVC material and weld the structure yourself or trust qualified specialists.
If you nevertheless decide to install it yourself, then an excellent solution would be to purchase a special kit, which contains all the necessary elements. They only need to be installed in the location of your choice.
You can try to buy all the parts necessary for the design yourself or resort to the advice of experienced specialists.
First, find two or more straight beams made of wood, iron or other material and fasten them with special bolts to a concrete or brick base. This is necessary for a better installation, otherwise, if screwed to the balcony panels, which are usually made of PVC, the entire structure may collapse altogether, since plastic, especially thin plastic, is not intended for serious loads.
Next, you need to pull the rope, preferably having a large diameter, for strength.If the balcony is long, then in this case it is necessary to use additional beams, installing them in the middle, since the rope stretched in this case may not withstand and, at best, sag, and at worst, break.
There are more original options, for example, a roller dryer. It differs from the standard model in that there are rollers on the sides, on which the rope is pulled, and with their help you can move the product in different directions. Thus, the mobile product can be easily moved and taken with you.
If you have, say, a space of only 1 meter, and the other part of the balcony is stuffed with something, then you simply cannot reach the rest of the rope. In this case, such a construction with rollers will come in handy, with the help of which you can move the laundry while remaining in one place. There are also convenient folding models that you can conveniently store on the balcony.
We told you in detail about the existing types of dryers installed on the balcony, about their advantages and disadvantages. But most importantly, when choosing, pay attention not to which product is the best and most popular, although this is also important, but to your desires and capabilities. Therefore, after analyzing all the information we have provided, try to apply it to the benefit of you and your loved ones.