For many years, the beauty of wrought-iron balconies has attracted people's attention, being a wonderful decoration for the facades of buildings. Masterwork, intricate winding contours and unique design leave no one indifferent, mesmerizing with an unsurpassed appearance. Original design solutions and ample room for imagination are one of the main reasons why forged fences have become so popular. Being a versatile piece of decor, as well as being combined with both classics and modern buildings, they are great for decorating ordinary city apartments or country buildings.
Features of production
The production of fencing parts is the work of skilled craftsmen and true professionals. Cold and hot forging allows you to achieve the desired shape. Cold forging is carried out on specially designed equipment, and it takes just one push of a button or the movement of a lever to accomplish it. Of course, it is quite difficult to create something new and unusual, guided by a standard template, but a stencil allows you to repeat the same ornament many times, due to which the order is completed relatively quickly and is relatively inexpensive. The individual parts, connected to each other, create a full-fledged balcony fence and are often installed on stairs.
Hot forging takes a lot of time and effort. The whole process is carried out entirely by hand and is not well-demanded in the vast industry. At the stage of preparation, the metal lends itself to heating in a furnace, then it is sent to the anvil for mechanical action. Then it cools down in water, dries and is colored. Such grilles look truly unique and original, however, they have a rather high price, since the manufacturing process takes a very long time.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the main advantages of forged fences are:
- stability and sustainability;
- increased security;
- environmental friendliness;
- original and charming look, an abundance of options;
- compatibility with all types of facade;
- long-term preservation of functional properties and aesthetics;
- resistance to external factors and mechanical damage;
- versatility of parts;
- the possibility of combining with other materials.
Significant disadvantages are noted in:
- severity of weight;
- difficulties in delivery and installation;
- high cost;
- long lead time;
- inadmissibility of glass installation.
A unique, original forged balcony can be completely different in size, shape and fastening. The slab, the type of construction and the facade style are the main factors on which the key properties of the product depend. Designers can safely experiment with the area and configuration of the balcony to gain its external uniqueness. The height is always chosen personally, at your discretion. There are the following types of wrought-iron balconies:
- Straight fences. Straight and even décor pieces look impressive on classic facades and minimalist buildings. Smooth railings, forward concave rods and external flower beds look harmonious with classical constructions. The drawing can be ordinary, typical, intricate, or completely original.
- Corner models. These types of structures, made from several parts connected at an angle, are used for fences of original barriers. The rods can be straight or convex, while their stylish transitions help to create quite beautiful compositions.
- Radial balcony. The shape of a semicircle, together with the arched railings, gives a special charm to the fence and brings a touch of originality to the standard design of buildings. The forging pattern is made according to a personal sketch.
- Mixed fencing. It combines angular, straight and radius details and is mounted on objects with intricate shapes. With a variety of constituent parts and the combination of metal with other materials, the model acquires special beauty.
- French balcony. Small-sized French wrought-iron balconies are installed outside the building. The rods, which form a narrow lattice, act as a floor, if provided, because often the floor of the French floor is simply absent. The railing can also be attached to the protruding window platform. The decor represents the main function, moreover, such a model is able to attract the attention of lovers of comfortable outdoor recreation.
The demand for metal balcony railings is growing rapidly, which is a sign of the excellent taste and well-being of their owners. Choosing high-quality wrought-iron balconies, you need to think carefully about the selection and installation.
In the selection process, you need to think about the desired result: what will be the design - extravagant or simple. Many people believe that a good balcony is the key to harmony, comfort and the cult of personal space.
It is necessary to pay due attention to the choice of the manufacturer. It is worth finding out all the details: whether the structure will be created from a photo or a personal sketch, whether a professional does the work, whether the company has a forge or a simple welding workshop.
It is recommended to carefully consider what the future fencing will be. Any decent company has its own designer who is able to show photographs of completed work and help you choose the right option. The finished sketch can always be changed by replacing the forged elements with simpler ones, while taking into account the peculiarities of construction. This mainly applies to multi-storey buildings. In this regard, the designer examines the balcony base, revealing the strength of the slab, and recommends fences that are ideally suited to the interior.
The manufacture of forged products is divided into several stages: selection of a project, measurement of parameters, preparation of a sketch, production of decorative parts, fastening them, painting and installation. Installation of forged railings is the work of specialists, since this procedure has several stages. In this case, the structure should have a bulge and volume, and the products themselves should be contoured 15-25 cm outside the original fence.
To carry out the installation, you will need tools such as:
- anchor and self-tapping screws;
Usually, the balcony railings are installed completely, however, the gratings for spacious balconies are created in parts, and at the end of the main installation, the parts are connected into one whole. Sometimes the facade is also installed, on which you can hardly notice the joints after welding.
At the beginning of the installation, holes are drilled for attaching the grilles. Then, at the junction of the contact between the balcony and the fence, the seals are laid. Holes are formed in the concrete, after which anchors are installed on the fences. Further, the fixation takes place with self-tapping screws, which serves as the final stage of installation.
After priming, a heat-resistant coating is used. In addition to its main function, the coating is also used for decoration. The composition must match the color of the facade design and the product itself.Mostly black, white and gray colors are used for dyeing. The patination method is also often used, in which compositions are used that are ideally suited for various types of metals.
Focusing on the organic nature of the balconies, designed to complement the terraces, some forged elements that match the style are added to them. Perfectly combined with forged products, flower pots will not only serve as an excellent decoration, but will also help the owners to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Style solutions, color and prices
The style and pattern should match the design of the house as much as possible. Also, when choosing, the opinions and tastes of the owners, as well as the interior of the building, are in priority. Each direction has its own characteristics:
A distinctive feature of the Baroque style is luxury, extravagance and sophistication. The sinuous contours and asymmetrical patterns are adorned with beautiful seashells and ridges
- The hallmark of the Art Nouveau style is the elegant flowing lines that give the fence a light and sophisticated look.
- The balcony, made in the Gothic style, is filled with volumetric ornaments and an even geometric pattern, which gives a special grace and solidity.
- In the Renaissance style, you cannot do without vines, flowers and bizarre spirals. Floral arrangements, intricate weaves and curly ornaments are the hallmarks of the Russian-Byzantine style.
Splitting asymmetrical lines are the main component of the rococo-style grilles. Flowers and large shells resembling a fan act as a decorative addition here
The Russian style is determined by the characteristic intricate patterns
The metal structure is treated with a special primer. In this case, the colors of the main coating and the facade must match. Mostly black, white and gray shades are used. Patination allows products to acquire a charming and unique look.
The price of the products depends on the size, manufacturing difficulty, delivery and installation features. Sketching is the beginning of the workflow, where the customer can discuss all the details and make possible adjustments. Payment for other items, such as furniture and flower beds, is made regardless of the cost of the balcony.
Elegant façade decor has remained in demand for centuries. What caused such phenomenal popularity? The whole secret lies in exclusively hand forging used in the production of balconies, which allows you to create truly unique masterpieces. The customer considers the sketches of various options, choosing the best model based on personal wishes and needs.
The shape of the wrought-iron balconies can be very diverse and resemble ornate or strict straight lines, complemented by fantastic ornaments, impressive in their originality. A real master will be able to fulfill any order according to a sketch, picture or photograph provided by the customer. The balconies in private houses are perfectly complemented by beautiful wrought-iron furniture, which serves as an excellent decoration for the interior. It can be a stylish chair with a table, at which it is good to arrange pleasant tea parties. For an open balcony with a take-out, flower girls can serve as a great addition to create a romantic atmosphere.
Today, the following types of wrought-iron balconies are in greatest demand:
You just need to choose the appropriate option, and the master will take on the creation of a decorative pattern, taking into account all the wishes of the client.