Expanding the balcony is a popular procedure today, which allows you to increase the area of \ u200b \ u200bthe room.
The owner of an apartment in Khrushchev may have a desire to expand the premises, since the area there is small, and the presence of a balcony is a good way to increase it. You can enlarge the room yourself or by contacting professionals for help.
Light work is carried out independently, which does not require additional permission. For example, such a procedure as increasing the window sill with certain knowledge and skill is quite accessible to any person.
In old houses, even for minor changes, you need to obtain permission from the relevant authorities. In "Khrushchev", by law, it is allowed to increase the balcony on all sides by a maximum of 50 cm. There are cases when the increase was made at a greater distance. Without permission, it is possible to expand 15-30 cm along the base of the slab.
Professional advice is needed in any significant design changes. All stages of increasing the balcony floor and replacing the parapet must be carried out in high quality and with high quality materials.
In some cases, for the reconstruction of a balcony, you need to obtain permission from various organizations: a design organization, BTI, Gorexpertiza, Ministry of Emergency Situations, fire inspection and others
- If the house in which the balcony is being expanded is an architectural treasure, its future appearance must be agreed with the relevant organizations.
- The installation of a concrete base is considered a redevelopment. In the case of installation, you need to obtain permission not depending on the size of the balcony enlargement.
- In Khrushchev, permission must be obtained if the expansion is made by more than 50 cm.
- The balcony railing is attached to the walls of the house, so the condition of old houses should be checked before renovation.
- In addition to the size of the increase in the balcony, you need to pay attention to the weight of additional structures. If heavy loads are expected on the walls of the house, then the procedure also needs to be agreed upon in various instances.
- All checks before expanding the balcony are carried out for the sake of safety and comfort: your own and those around you.
Despite the fact that the balcony is part of the apartment, that is, personal property, it belongs to the common property. Changes to it affect the appearance of the house. Increasing the concrete base can restrict light access for neighbors below. Errors in work can lead to cracks in the walls of neighbors and other undesirable consequences.
Therefore, in addition to agreeing on all the requirements in accordance with GOST, it is necessary to discuss the project with neighbors.
Expansion can be done by enlarging the outer window sill. In this case, the base of the balcony does not expand, but an inclined structure is installed that goes from the floor to the enlarged window sill.
As a result, the walls of the balcony can be not only inclined, but also rectangular and any others, that is, look like a ledge. This expansion creates the appearance of an increased space and at the same time a wide window sill becomes an additional place where you can put things, put flower pots, etc.
Expansion along the windowsill does not imply an increase in the floor, so permission for it is needed only if the house is old and needs to be checked.
Often such expansion is performed during the glazing and cladding of the balcony as a design option and additional convenience
- In addition to this visual expansion, panoramic glazing can be added to the kit, in which a lot of light will enter the room, and, therefore, the room will look larger.
- The base of the future window sill is created strictly according to the level.
- If the fence is metal, then the structure is welded to it, and the concrete fence is connected to the structure using anchors.
- After the structure is installed, the window sill is installed, cladding, finishing with selected materials and glazing, if planned.
Expansion by gender
Expansion on the floor is an order of magnitude more difficult to perform than on the windowsill
- Floor enlargement involves the dismantling of the concrete base, for which a permit must be obtained.
- If dismantling is not carried out, and the structure of the future floor is installed on the base, not exceeding half a meter on each side of the base, then permission is not required.
- To start work, the parapet or the old structure is removed, the concrete base is being repaired or dismantled. A solid metal structure is installed on top or around it, which is attached to the concrete and walls of the house with anchors. A metal pipe is used for reinforcement.
- After the structure is installed, cladding, finishing and glazing are performed.
Butterfly technology is another way to expand a room. Additional space is created by the triangle-shaped blocks that are located on both sides of the balcony.
This design can be created by the type of expansion of the window sill and floor
- In one case, a one-piece structure is created with an increase in the floor and the addition of two side windowsills. The foundations of the window sills are attached to the wall of the house and to the main overall structure.
- In the second case, the floor is not increased, and window sills are added to the overall structure.
Butterfly technology, like floor expansion, can include not only free space around the house, but also the windows of other rooms. This choice depends on the interior layout and interior of the apartment. With a general redevelopment of the apartment, the lack of light can be compensated for by increasing the window opening.
Corner construction is a rarer option for expanding the balcony. It can be carried out by the owners of those apartments that are located in the corner parts of the house or in private houses.
Expansion can be considered an increase in an existing corner balcony for the creation of an additional part of the balcony according to any of the first three methods.