A balcony is an additional space in the house, which can perform different functions: from organizing a storage room to having a pleasant pastime with friends. Recently, there has been a tendency to equip it with a unique place to relax, where you can have a cup of tea or enjoy the sunset. After finishing the walls and selecting compact furniture, you need to pay attention to the design of the windows, because they occupy a good part of the walls.
Types of textile decoration
- Blinds are the easiest option. In the store you can find samples for every taste;
- Roman blinds are rectangular panels with transverse guides inserted into them, due to which clear horizontal folds are formed. At the bottom, a weighting agent is usually inserted, which holds the entire canvas in a straightened state;
- Roll - a modern option for a balcony in the style of "minimalism". The specially treated material moves along the glass with the help of the control cornice;
- Stained glass curtains. The main advantage of stained glass curtains, or as they are also called - hourglass, is that a small amount of fabric is spent for their sewing, no high qualifications are required for their manufacture. Such curtains can be used in a wide variety of style solutions, in addition, they are very easy to clean;
- Classic curtains on the assembly;
- Curtains covering the bottom of the glass;
- Lambrequins decorating the upper part of the openings;
- It is also possible to combine the above options with each other.
Below are examples of different designs for balcony windows.
- Cotton cambric;
- Thread curtains;
- Lace, openwork;
How to sew with your own hands
No special skills are required to fasten the eaves. The balcony curtain is simple in execution and looks very impressive at the same time. Feel free to use it to decorate the loggia. Such curtains will perfectly fit into different styles with the right fabric selection. For example, "Provence", country or even a loft.
Making stained glass curtains is not difficult if you have the skills to handle a sewing machine or the opportunity to attend a special master class. Such curtains are attached directly to the frames and for this, special mini curtain rods with sliding thin rods are used.
The most important thing is to correctly measure the sashes for which the future product is intended. An important indicator is the distance between the top points of the opening. It should be measured very carefully. Another important point is that it is advisable to choose an elastic fabric, then you can easily achieve the softness of the drapery. To calculate the width of the cut, the width of the future curtain must be multiplied by the gathering factor 1.5 or 2. The factor depends on the density and stiffness of the fabric used.
- Measurement of window frames on which the product will be mounted;
- Calculation of material consumption;
- Pre-ironing the fabric if necessary;
- Processing of side cuts straight or with finishing;
- Processing of drawstrings for threading the cornice at the top and bottom;
- Making a pick-up (it is advisable to glue it with a special doublerin);
- Installation of cornices on the frame using self-tapping screws or double-sided tape;
- Decorating ready-made curtains with magnets, fabric flowers or other accessories.
How to hang without curtain rod
Sometimes it is necessary to hang curtains without a cornice, for this there are several ways
- You can stretch a metal string either over the entire width of the loggia or on each sash - the method is suitable for light fabrics such as tulle;
- Small curtains can be attached to the frame, including stained-glass ones using Velcro. To do this, it is necessary to fasten the hard part with a sticky layer to the plastic windows, and sew the soft part to the product;
- Attach suction cups to the glasses, and then hang light curtains on them;
- You can use special hooks to which the canvases are attached using loops or eyelets.