Increasingly, the balcony is no longer used as a storage for various things or unnecessary trash. It is no longer used as a storage room for preserves or other provisions. Sometimes his space is combined with a room, expanding the room or creating, for example, a separate office for work.
The loggia, made in a modern style, becomes the hallmark of the apartment, where people who follow fashion trends live.
If the standard design is no longer satisfied and you want some kind of change, then you can opt for one of the following directions for organizing the interior of the room on the balcony.
A loft-style balcony means combining several directions, expanding space and the absence of partitions. A loggia made in this manner can be combined with an adjoining room in the Scandinavian style, and you get a complete stylish composition.
The main elements of decorating a balcony in the "loft" direction:
- Brick masonry is used as wall decoration - it can be either natural material or its imitation. To tone down the roughness of unplastered styling, paint it white.
- You can hang posters, posters or magazine covers on the walls.
- For flooring, it is better to choose linoleum, tiles or laminate with a rough texture. An interesting option would be a wooden floor on the balcony, which will creak a little when you walk on it. In this case, leave the wood untreated, that is, do not cover it with paint.
- It is better to refuse metal-plastic windows in the direction of black or brown wooden frames. If the design of the loggia allows, make windows to the floor - this will visually expand the space and add light to the room, which is so necessary for a loft-style balcony.
- Do not hang curtains, it is better to use blinds or fabric blinds instead.
- Do not put a lot of furniture, as this direction loves a large space. It is enough to place a shabby sofa, a folding table, a chest-shaped box or a bench.
- As decorative elements, you can arrange metal figurines of an extraordinary shape, an old radio, a fragment of a water pipe used as a shelf for books.
This style is filled with light, thanks to the use of thin translucent curtains, floral patterns, various textiles: tablecloths, pillows, lace.
The more natural materials are used, the better. It can be:
- linen, cotton or chintz curtains;
- ceramic tiles on the floor;
- wooden figurines.
For finishing, decorative plaster of light colors, for example, white, beige or cream shades, is used. By using special decoration details that imitate crumbling brickwork, you can add a certain amount of antiquity to the interior.
For decor, you will need a variety of pillows with a checkered pattern or horizontal stripes. In textiles, exceptionally light colors are acceptable: pale blue or the color of young foliage.
Antique furniture will help to emphasize the "Provence" style on the balcony, you can add age yourself, just arm yourself with a brush and paints.
This style of interior decoration promotes a calm and relaxed state. On such a balcony, it is easy to move away from the everyday hustle and bustle and plunge into the world of dreams.
To decorate a loggia in country style, use wicker furniture and a fairly simple texture for decoration. An excellent option would be a rocking chair and an unpretentious coffee table in a light shade.
Wall and floor decoration should be made of wood. Flowers in wicker pots or clay vases, stones and decorative elements made of wood are suitable as decorations.
Reinforced-plastic windows will stand out from the overall picture, so you should give preference to either wooden profiles or window frames that imitate such material.
The characteristic features of an oriental-style loggia are:
- walls glued in plain wallpaper;
- floor tiled or mosaic;
- openwork details used to decorate furniture and lamps;
- the use of brightly colored textiles with patterns typical of the East - curtains and pillows decorated with organza.
An oriental-style interior will be an excellent solution for a small balcony. You can put a rug on the floor, put a small table and place silk pillows around. This will be a great place for tea ceremonies or hookah gatherings with friends.
In the style of minimalism, the use of monochromatic textiles and furniture is assumed. The wall covering should also be free from various patterns. This direction is emphasized by transparent glass or chrome-plated metal lamps.
A stylish loggia should not be overcrowded with furniture - you should give preference to the minimum number of items in the interior, which are made of natural wood or metal. Flowers in simple pots or flowerpots and pillows in juicy shades will help to add bright colors.
Strive to arrange a loggia in a strict, restrained, but at the same time elegant design, then a Chinese-style room will be a great idea. Angularity and clarity of lines are characteristic features of this direction.
Two colors are used for decoration: black and white or dark brown and cream, no bright colors should be present in the interior. These shades should be used for walls, floors and furniture.
The furnishings are:
- rectangular table without any pattern;
- benches, instead of chairs, also without various decorations.
Instead of curtains, it is better to hang blinds on the windows.
Indulge in dreams of relaxation on the balcony, made in a nautical style. In the design of the room, focus on light blue, blue, yellow and orange. Translucent blue curtains will remind you of a wave of the sea, and yellow flooring can mimic the beach. Place a sun lounger and a flowerpot with sand and shells, they will give the impression of being on the coast.
This design is suitable for narrow or small balconies, since it does not require a lot of space to implement it. The basic rule is the use of natural materials.
When organizing a Scandinavian-style loggia, remember:
- If the balcony is not glazed, then it is necessary to renew the paint on the railings, choosing white, gray or black. If it is glazed and sheathed with clapboard, then it is worth demonstrating wooden walls.
- Use a gray, black or striped rug or blanket as a floor covering; you can put both natural and artificial skin.
- Since space is limited, use white folding wood furniture. You can place a garden table and several chairs in a light tone.
- Don't overdo it with textiles - just a few pillows, capes, and a blanket.
- In the Scandinavian style, a calm color scheme is preferred, but bright touches are welcome, for example, a catchy painting on the wall, a variegated pillow or a multi-colored watering can.
- Do not forget about greenery - flowers in vases or pots will perfectly complement the interior on the balcony.
Decorating a loggia in a modern style will not be difficult. The main thing is not to limit your imagination and imagination, and then the balcony will become a special place for rest and relaxation.