Installing a folding table on a balcony is an excellent idea. This will allow not only to rationally use every free space in the house, but also turn the balcony into a wonderful resting place. Installing a folding table will make your balcony not only more beautiful, but also functional.
Such a design can be done very simply with your own hands, which will allow you to save a lot of money. To do this, you need to decide on the appearance and technical characteristics of the future table, as well as select all the necessary materials for the construction of the future structure.
- A kitchen table is an excellent option for a balcony. It will allow you to comfortably admire the sunrise or sunset with a cup of coffee in your hands, or it can serve as a simple stand for things.
- From a folding table, you can make a wonderful work area in which it will be very convenient to carry out your work, do some applied business, or work on a computer.
- Another option is to use this design as a hobby spot. For example, knitting, collecting, etc.
Required materials for installation
Of course, you will need an electric jigsaw, which allows you to cut wood or other material evenly. If you don't have a jigsaw, you can use a hacksaw as a replacement. However, it should be noted that after the hacksaw, the material requires additional leveling.
It will be necessary to process the edges of the cut materials. This work is carried out with a special hand-held milling machine, which is also capable of drilling holes and making various decorative patterns.
Processing and grinding of surfaces to the required smoothness will be carried out using a grinding machine.
If you have chosen chipboard or plywood as the main material, then you will definitely need a screwdriver. It will significantly speed up the assembly time of the product.
The tool, which is clearly indispensable, is a drill. It is with the help of a drill that all the necessary holes will be drilled to secure the folding table.
You need to stock up on a tape measure, pencil and ruler - things that are sure to be in every home. In addition to them, it is desirable to have a water level.
Manufacturing and installation process
We make the worktop first. We mark the outline of the structure on your material and very carefully cut out our future tabletop along it. Then, in exactly the same way, a fixed part of the table is made, which will be attached to the wall and will be our support. The next step is to make a stop and connect it to our entire structure using hinges. You can paint the table both before and after the installation of the table (this is at your discretion, as it is more convenient for you).
The table is mounted as follows:
- We mark the level of the future structure on the wall and highlight the places of future holes.
- We drill the fixed part of the table.
- We check the accuracy of the markings on the wall and drill the necessary holes there.
- Using screws or bolts, we mount our structure on the balcony.
How to choose
Ready-made folding tables can be found in many stores. In order for the table to serve you for many years and not break down the next day after the purchase, you need to take this matter quite seriously.
The most optimal and best option for purchasing is a wooden table. The balcony is constantly exposed to all sorts of natural factors, such as temperature changes and exposure to sunlight. Therefore, it is not recommended to purchase plastic tables.
When purchasing a wooden table, it is important to consider:
- There are several types of wooden tables. Some can be made of chipboard, others using plywood. The most expensive option will be the option made from a separate solid wood.
- Check the functionality and reliability of the hinges used.
- Assess the quality of the paint layer.
- It is desirable that the table has instructions for assembly and installation of the structure.
The advantage of a ready-made folding table is that you do not need to be engaged in manufacturing and the ability to immediately start installation.
Interesting design solutions
A table with awnings - perfect for open balconies. This structure is attached to the balcony parapet using two metal profiles. The tabletop constructed in this way looks very stylish and folds up in a couple of moments.
It is clear that small tables are not very versatile. If desired, a small cabinet with a folding section can be installed on the balcony. This will create a very comfortable workplace.
Decor plays an important role in design. The most commonly used option is tinting or varnishing the table. Ceramic mosaic will look interesting.
There are many types of folding tables. The assortment of shops allows you to choose a table for every taste and budget. If you do not want to shell out for a new purchase, then creating a small folding table with your own hands is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. The result is a multifunctional and comfortable corner in your balcony. For creative people, this lesson will seem a very exciting process, and the finished table will delight the eye and be the personal pride of the owner of the apartment.