Many will agree with the statement that a heated balcony or loggia is pleasant and productive. If space permits, you can arrange flowers on a warm loggia and admire them in winter. Some combine a loggia with a kitchen, thereby expanding its space. You can also use the heated area to create another room - a study or a nursery. Especially often families with children of different genders resort to this option. However, heating a loggia is not a simple process, it is laborious and entails spending money.
The first thing that comes to mind is the removal of the central heating radiators outside the room. At the same time, not everyone knows for sure whether it is possible to take the battery out to the balcony? And the Housing Code of the Russian Federation just prohibits the transfer of district heating pipes from residential premises to non-residential ones. The law states that before deciding on the removal of heating pipes to a balcony or loggia, it is necessary to obtain the written consent of all residents of the apartments through which the riser passes. With the received papers, you should contact the local BTI and get permission from there.
Unauthorized transfer of batteries to the balcony can lead to a number of negative consequences. When additional equipment appears in the network, the operating pressure drops and, as a result, the water temperature decreases. If the battery is not installed correctly, it may freeze and leak. The water will go to the lower floors and you will have to deal with disgruntled neighbors and pay for their repairs. If you nevertheless managed to legitimize your intention to heat the loggia from central heating and you received all the relevant papers to permit this action, you can safely proceed with the installation.
The process of installing a radiator on a loggia itself is not difficult. It is quite possible to bring the battery to the balcony on your own
- Before starting the installation, it is necessary to shut off the riser of the central water supply. To do this, you need to invite a full-time locksmith or another representative of the HOA or housing and communal services.
- Further, holes are made in the wall for future pipes and fastenings to them, in order to take them out of the room outside. In this case, the pipes themselves are recommended to choose polypropylene. Their docking does not require welding - they are connected using couplings.
- After the radiator is securely fixed in the wall, it can be connected to the central supply. Under water pressure, it must be checked for strength and the absence of leaks.
Installation of underfloor heating
This method of creating an additional heat source is considered to be more economical. Moreover, its efficiency is no worse than a radiator. There are several types of warm floors.
This is a system of polymeric pipes mounted inside the surface with hot water, which is taken from a central system or a heating boiler. From the surface heated in this way, the air becomes warm and rises, mixing with the cold stream and heating the room. Since this method also involves intervention in the general heating system, a permit is also required to install it in an apartment in a multi-storey building.
It is an electrical space heating system, consisting of conductors, as well as a heat insulator and temperature controllers.
Advantages of the cable floor:
- Does not take up extra space - the cable floor is laid in a screed.
- Does not require additional maintenance during operation.
- Does not dry the air and does not emit harmful radiation.
- Works from a regular power supply.
- It is possible to regulate and set a comfortable temperature.
- There are no extraneous noise during operation.
- The area is heated smoothly. Air flows are evenly distributed throughout the occupied volume of the room.
- Excessive consumption of electricity. It makes sense to install a cable floor in apartment buildings with electric stoves. There, electricity tariffs are lower than in houses with gas stoves.
- The wiring in the apartment or house must be in working order. If the house is old and the electrical wiring is worn out, it could catch on fire.
This type of heating can successfully replace carpeting - it is based on a super thin film with built-in heating strips that act as a thermostat. Such a device provides uniform heating of the floor and the entire room. Along the edges of the entire film are copper busbars, which are the conductors of electricity. They are connected by carbon elements, which, when heated, create infrared radiation. Such heat is considered beneficial for all living organisms.
Manufacturers assure that such a floor can be laid on any surface. This is a true statement, with only one amendment: the surface must be flat and smooth. Otherwise, the heating elements will quickly fail.
Advantages of infrared underfloor heating:
- Profitable price. The cost of such a heating system is several times lower than other types of heating. Moreover, the film does not fit on the entire floor space, but only on the territory free of furniture and other floor objects.
- Ease of installation. If you have basic skills in working with electricity, the infrared film floor can be laid on your own.
- Heating a loggia using infrared radiation can be carried out without major reconstructions such as a concrete screed and other repair work. An important detail: when laying the film under the floor covering, it is necessary to make an interlayer of fiberboard between them.
- such heaters do not dry the air, do not burn oxygen.
- Scientifically proven fact: infrared radiation is not only not harmful to human exposure, but also has a healing effect. The rays are able to penetrate deep into the human skin and start regenerative processes at the cellular level.
- The heating process takes place quickly, almost immediately. In this case, the heat is distributed evenly.
- Thanks to the built-in thermostats, you can select the temperature regime of the entire room and individual zones in particular.
- The infrared film floor can be completely or partially dismantled in case of repair or relocation.
- Since all elements of underfloor heating have a parallel structure, even if one of them breaks down, the remaining sections will work.
- Floor convectors. This type of radiator is built directly into the floor covering. They effectively heat the air, preventing the windows from fogging up. They are mounted parallel to windows.
- Floor convectors. Installed on top of the floor. The loggia will be effective if it has a spacious area and large windows.
- Wall convectors. They are mounted on side walls and come in a variety of sizes and connection options.
- Skirting convectors. They play the role of a heater and a baseboard at the same time. They have proven themselves very well in rooms where constant heat losses are observed. Such premises include loggias, balconies and terraces.
There are two types of air conditioners that are capable of operating "for heat" and "for cold"
- Split system.The peculiarity of these devices is such that at subzero temperatures, the oil inside them freezes and thickens, and the performance drops. Therefore, it is ineffective to install them in non-insulated rooms.
- Air heat pump complex. It is used in the absence of central heating. The pump generates heat at air temperatures down to -20 degrees.
- Portable oil heaters. For a loggia, this heating option is the most suitable. With low energy consumption, oil-fueled radiators create a comfortable environment for your stay. They do not burn oxygen and can remain switched on for a long time, maintaining the set temperature.
There can be many options for heating the loggia, but most of them will be ineffective in the absence of preliminary insulation of the room where they will be placed.