If you set out to purchase a fireplace in your house or apartment, then a reasonable question that arises right away is how much will it cost? We will help you figure out and understand what makes up the cost of a fireplace, and how you can reduce this price.
For a private house
Speaking about the cost of a brick fireplace for your house or turnkey cottage, tune in that the final price for it will be formed during the construction process. At your first meeting, a master stove-maker can only approximately voice the value of your idea, based on the experience of his previous work. There is no specific price for such fireplaces, but there is a price range. It can range from 120-150 thousand rubles up to infinity, depending on your flight of thought. Here are the factors that affect the cost of a fireplace:
- the size. The consumption of building materials (cement, brick, finishing materials) directly depends on the size;
- a type. Depending on the option chosen (wall, corner, built-in or main), the price of the chimney will vary - the most important structural unit of the fireplace;
- quality of raw materials. When choosing materials for construction (first of all, bricks), you should entrust the choice to a master who knows the thermophysical features of different brands and competently combines ordinary and refractory bricks;
- facing. This cost item is taken out separately, since depending on your desires and capabilities, the facing price can differ tenfold. Tiles, cast iron cladding or natural stone - all these are more or less budget cladding options;
- the qualification of the master. Perhaps this factor should be the first on our list, because it is the most important when building a fireplace. A good master will tell you how to save on materials, do his job quickly and efficiently. But it is the services of the stove-maker that form the final cost of the fireplace.
Now, having decided on the main cost items, let's see what you can save on.
Facing and decorating a fireplace is by far the smartest saving option. If you have minimal tiling skills, you can lay out the cladding yourself. The tile market is now replete with offers, and you can choose a product of good quality and suitable colors at an acceptable cost. Another option for saving on facing is replacing natural stone with artificial one. Having made the cladding yourself, in addition to saving money, you will also receive satisfaction from the fact that you have invested a bit of your labor in creating a fireplace.
In an effort to minimize the cost of your future fireplace, do not forget about the adage "the cheapskate pays twice."
What you can't save on
A good master stove-maker is the key to a good home! Firstly, he will help you choose high-quality and modern materials, and often he will offer them himself. Sometimes it will be even more profitable than buying materials yourself. Secondly, a skilled craftsman has less material consumption for all sorts of unforeseen circumstances and defects. And thirdly, a professional values his reputation and will certainly lay down a real fireplace for you, which will delight you and your family for many years.
Consumables are the most expensive part when building a fireplace. To evaluate them in monetary terms, we present the most general list of necessary building materials:
- for the foundation - sand, crushed stone, cement for mortar, bitumen, roofing material, for large structures - additional reinforcement;
- for laying a fireplace - ordinary and refractory bricks, clay mixture for laying out fireplaces (you can buy ready-made in stores or prepare a solution yourself), grate;
- for chimney - ceramic or steel pipe, fireclay bricks;
- for cladding a fireplace - the desired coating (tile, stone, decorative brick), a mixture for plastering the case;
- fireplace accessories (woodpile, grate, stand, spatula, tongs, etc.).
Departure of the master into the house when erecting a brick fireplace is a prerequisite.
He will listen to your wishes and assess the possibility of installing a fireplace in the house, as well as calculate the required amount of materials for construction.
Nowadays, not only owners of their own houses, but also residents of apartments can warm up by the fireplace. The variety of apartment fireplaces amazes the imagination: electric, oil, gas … Finishing is also presented in many versions - from economical drywall and MDF to natural marble and wood.
The price for apartment fireplaces consists of the following components:
- the cost of the firebox. Typically, models of furnaces from Belgium, Germany, USA are presented on the market, and their cost does not differ much from each other. But lately, Russian companies have been competing with them by offering products at a lower price. A good example is the Senator Light electric fireplace from the Glenrich electric fireplaces factory;
- the cost of finishing. The most budgetary option is to buy a firebox, mount it along the wall, independently install a drywall portal and finish it. A classic win-win option is wood trim and various stones (for example, onyx). The newest models on the market are replete with special effects - the sounds of a burning fire and smells. If you want to enjoy these innovations - be prepared to spend serious money on them;
- the cost of fuel for the furnace. Analyze what type of fuel is most suitable for you. When choosing an electric fireplace, electricity consumption will increase. A gas fireplace will require additional approvals with gas services and the installation of a gas cylinder in the apartment. Biofuel fireplaces cope with the direct task worse than electric ones, that is, they heat the room a little compared to other types of fireplaces. In addition, for such an installation, reserves of alcohol will be needed (it is the fuel for biofireplaces).
Fireplaces for an apartment, unlike brick fireplaces, often have their own final cost.
The price range is very large, and, as in the case of a fireplace in a cottage, the finish can be comparable to the cost of a firebox or even exceed it. Therefore, you need to decide what is more important to you - the type of fireplace in the interior or its direct function of heating the room. Prices for fireplaces generally start from 20-25 thousand rubles, and can reach several hundred thousand. At the end of the winter season, many online stores run fireplace sales, and you can save a significant amount of money.
You can also reduce the cost of your fireplace by buying individual elements and installing it yourself. The price in this case will be lower than the installation of the same turnkey fireplace. There are various options for fireplaces, portals and finishing materials on the market. It is worth mentioning such a useful device as a niche for a fireplace (for example, the "Capsule" model). It greatly facilitates the installation of any type of apartment fireplace and will allow you to create a reliable and beautiful fireplace.
As an option for an apartment fireplace at a low price, you can consider an oil hearth.
This is a room heater, unlike a fireplace, it can be moved around the apartment. However, this element can also be made stationary and turned into a fireplace by laying a portal on both sides and on top of the heater. You will get a cozy fireplace corner in the apartment at a low price.