A fireplace stove is a functional design used to heat a home. This building is also an original interior decoration. Particular attention should be paid to corner models. This configuration of the oven saves space in the room where it is located.
Varieties and material of manufacture
A variety of fireplace stoves allows you to solve many problems, among which the main one is heating, and only then - decorating the room. Such designs can be used for summer cottages and apartments, choosing the appropriate option.
Fireplace stoves, depending on the fuel used, can be divided into the following types:
- Wood burning.
- Gas … They are used in rooms where it is not possible to build a classic oven.
- Eco fireplaces … The main source of energy for such furnaces is biofuel. No smoke is emitted during operation of such systems.
Among all this variety, wood-fired fireboxes are especially popular. They combine high heat dissipation efficiency with the unique appearance created by the flames.
Another criterion by which corner fireplaces are divided is the material from which they are made. According to this characteristic, the following structures are distinguished:
Brick ovens. This variety is very common. The construction of brick ovens requires adherence to special technology. All such operations are performed only by experienced specialists
- Stone. As a material for the manufacture of the frame, various types of natural stone can be used that can withstand high temperatures.
- Metallic. The surface of the furnace can be either cast iron or steel, depending on the specific type of construction and its manufacturer. All these models, in turn, are divided into alternating and long burning stoves. The latter are able to maintain the temperature for several hours without the need for refueling.
A special category should be allocated to fireplaces equipped with a water circuit. Such a system allows heating the entire house at the same time. Wall-corner fireplace stoves can be equipped with additional functionality. Today there are such types of structures:
- Fireplace stove with stove. They are used for cooking. The shape and size of the hob is selected individually.
- Stoves with an oven. The purpose of the structures is similar to the previous type of products. Here only the principle of food preparation changes.
- Combined. Both the hob and the oven are present here. This combined design optimizes a variety of food preparation processes.
Advantages and disadvantages
Corner fireplaces-stoves are a great alternative for a country house. Products of this type have several advantages over models of other configurations:
- Compactness … You can install a corner oven in almost any room, regardless of its size or layout. Depending on the parameters of the room, you can choose symmetrical and asymmetrical models of structures.
- Comfort … The location of the stove in the corner creates an optimal seating area, as it is visually visible from anywhere in the room.
- Multifunctionality … Many modifications, equipped with a heat exchanger, are used to organize full-fledged heating of the entire house.
- Ease of installation. This characteristic only applies to metal products that are very popular in the market today. They are lightweight, which excludes the construction of a powerful foundation. This allows them to be installed in any apartment or private house.
Still, corner fireplaces are not universal and have one significant drawback. The heating characteristics of such systems are much worse than those of products located in the center of the room.
This is due to the fact that only one outer brick wall of the fireplace gives off heat directly to the room. All other parts heat the corners of the room. Therefore, if this indicator is important for you, then you should give preference to full-fledged wall-mounted or central fireplace models.
Modern fireplace stoves are small metal inserts that can be installed in any home. They are made of high-quality cast iron or steel, which give off heat perfectly. Several popular models of such products should be highlighted:
"Amur"… The oven allows you to heat a room up to 90 sq.m. The height of the structure reaches 1 m, and the width is 80 cm. The combustion chamber has a large capacity (volume 73 l). The power of the unit reaches 10 kW. The total weight of the fireplace is approximately 157 kg. To make the connection, use a 150 mm chimney. Both firewood and coal briquettes can be used as fuel
- "Enisey" … The firebox power reaches 11 kW, which allows heating a room up to 100 sq. M. The inner surface of the combustion chamber is finished with fireclay bricks. The stove can be fired with wood or coal.
- Bayern, Prismatic … This modification of fireplaces is reliable and practical. This product belongs to the category of wall (front). The furnace power reaches 12 kW. The system is equipped with a water circuit that allows heating several rooms.
- "Teplodar" … The corner fireplace stove is characterized by low power. It can heat rooms up to 45 sq.m. Product weight - 90 kg, outlet chimney diameter - 150 mm.
- "Meta", "Angara" … The model is lightweight (up to 150 kg). This allows it to be mounted on unreinforced foundations. It is recommended to use firewood or briquettes as fuel. It is not advisable to use coal, as this can lead to the destruction of the main structural elements of the system.
- "Fontanka" … The unit is capable of heating rooms with a volume of up to 120 cubic meters. The manufacturer uses boiler steel with a thickness of 3 mm as the main material. The combustion chamber is finished with fireclay bricks to ensure optimal operation. Additionally, the system is equipped with special convectors that increase the efficiency of heat exchange with the external environment.
- Bayern Munich with a stove, "Forget-me-not" … A distinctive feature of the oven is the heating rate (up to 15-20 minutes). The system power reaches 9 kW. The product weighs 125 kg, which allows it to be installed on unprepared bases.
Please note that customer reviews should be taken into account when choosing such products. Thus, you can find the best price-quality ratio.
Installation and finishing
Installation of metal fireplace stoves is relatively simple and requires only the connection of a chimney. Let's consider in more detail the technology of erecting brick structures. This procedure consists of several successive stages:
- Project selection. Today there are many types of such structures, differing in design. Therefore, before starting the main work, you need to decide what you are going to build.
- Foundation construction. It is made of monolithic concrete with mandatory reinforcement. The size of the base depends on the dimensions of the oven and should exceed them by about 10-15 cm around the entire perimeter. The thickness of the base for the fireplace should be equal to the dimensions of the main foundation. Therefore, the construction of such systems in multi-storey buildings is excluded.
- Masonry … This stage is performed according to the previously selected order. It should be noted that the first few rows together form the base of the fireplace. Here, attributes such as doors, ash pan are sequentially set. The next few rows of bricks are used to create a smoke channel, an oven firebox. All this ends with the construction of a chimney. Please note that fireclay bricks are used instead of the usual to form overlaps.
- Finishing … This stage is the final one, allowing to give the structure a unique design. This can be done using tiles or other finishing material. The main characteristic for the selection of such products is their refractoriness.
The design value of the corner fireplace stove is that it can fit into almost any interior. It is quite simple to do this by choosing the required finishing option. Such designs go well with both rustic and modern room decor. They look great in combination with the side columns, which add sophistication to them. If minimalism is important to you, you can install a small metal fireplace. To create a unique design, just experiment with materials.