Fireplaces are in trend. They buy them for installation in the country, in a country house and apartment. It's good to come home from work, listen to the quiet crackling of firewood in the firebox and watch the play of the flames in the portal. Rest will restore strength. The person will calm down after a hard day's work. If earlier people put up with the unpretentious appearance of the fireplace, today they choose among models with a unique style to make the interior of the cottage solid. With all the variety of models, wood-burning fireplaces with a water circuit are chosen more often than electric fireplaces and fireplaces with a steam generator. They cope perfectly with the decorative function and heat the house.
- Profitability. The harsh Russian winter forces us to solve the heating problem long before the first cold weather. They are looking for an efficient way to heat a country house. The problem primarily concerns the owners of non-gasified land plots. For them, buying an electric boiler or electric heating device is not an option. They are expensive, and besides, you have to supply electricity to the house, which entails additional costs. Wood is a cheap material. Carefully putting it in the firebox, the owner heats the dwelling. If a model with a hob or grill, they cook different dishes on it or heat water in order to later use it for technical purposes;
- Efficiency 70%. High-quality heating of the dwelling due to integration into the system of radiators and into the system of "warm" floors;
- Abundance of design solutions. A wide range of. Satisfaction of the needs of each customer due to the perfect fit into the style of the interior;
- Infrequent service. Health safety.
The list of advantages is impressive, but there is also a drawback. If the house is large, a working fireplace with high efficiency will not heat all the rooms, and if it does, the heat will have to be maintained in them by putting firewood in the firebox continuously. Due to this serious drawback, they refuse to install a wood-burning fireplace with a water circuit, but buy it exclusively for summer cottages. Some still have no choice. This is the behavior of the owners of land plots to which the gas pipeline has not yet been connected. If powerful electrification is not provided, there is no better solution.
Features of work
There is a curved pipe system in the wood-fired fireplace insert. It is needed to heat the liquid. In another way, the tube system is called a heat exchanger. After passing through the tubes, water enters the storage tank. It is redistributed in the storage tank. Part of it will fall into the heating radiator system, and the other into the pipes of the "warm" floor. When the process of heat release ends, the cooled water will again transfer to the heat exchanger. And its heating will start over.
- Wood burning fireplace with closed water circuit. The set includes a battery and a circulation pump. The principle of operation is similar to that of a furnace. It heats a large house. It has a long heating system of pipes and radiators. Liquid circulation is difficult when installing the simplest model. There will be no problems with heating, as the equipment includes an automatic system. It is entrusted with control over the flow rate of the fluid. Heating regulation takes place without the participation of the homeowner;
- Fireplaces with a water circuit, open type, burning wood. The water circulates naturally. There are no accessories available. For efficient work, a storage tank is installed above the firebox;
- The highest efficiency is up to 86% for a double-circuit fireplace. For more efficient fuel combustion, the models are based on the "top-down" combustion principle. Air from the atmosphere enters the heating chamber. From there, it moves into a retractable air duct. Due to the fact that the air is preheated, cleaning from soot is rarely carried out and smoke from the combustion chamber does not go during melting.
How to do it yourself?
The assembly of such a fireplace does not cause problems even for non-professionals. The only thing you have to suffer with is a welding machine master. The fireplace has the same shape as the stove - a rectangle. He stands on his legs. To remove decay products, an exhaust pipe is laid.
The firebox is equipped with a double jacket. Its assembly is possible in two ways. Collect it separately from the design of the stove, not forgetting to insert the coil. After that, the connection with other elements is carried out. Another way is to assemble the structure, but without installing the upper roof. Once it is ready, insert and secure the inside of the "shirt" shell. It remains to assemble the coil.
Having assembled the unit, a thermometer is installed to control the temperature regime inside the coolant. To create a comfortable temperature for households, in the future they put more firewood in the firebox or open / close the damper, increasing / decreasing the flow of air masses.
Fireplaces with an evaporator, for example with a steam generator, have a different device. It cannot be said about them that they work on water. Water is poured into the container, which is heated, turned into steam and illuminated to create the illusion of a flame. They cope with the heating of large premises less efficiently, and besides, the power consumption is wild.
In the case of a wood-burning fireplace with a water circuit, you will need a circulation pump for self-assembly. Its task is to adjust the operation of the fireplace when the firebox is located at the same level or slightly above the pipes. When heated, the water rises up, and cold water goes down. The circulation is disturbed when the coil is located above the radiators. If the pump is not installed, the coil will boil and water will not circulate. Since the pump is noisy, they install it in the basement or near the house so that the noise it creates does not interfere with the rest of the household.