Fireplace sets are useful and functional accessories, they become indispensable tools for the maintenance of this element of the interior. Fireplace kits contain all the tools you need, so you don't have to run around the shops and choose individual tools, which as a whole should go together and look harmonious with each other. The forged fireplace set will become the ideal part of the interior, transforming the room in which the fireplace is located.
When choosing a set for a fireplace, you should pay attention to the material from which it is made. This could be:
- Steel - is especially popular for the production of fireplace sets, as it has increased strength and scratch resistance, as well as increased heat-resistant characteristics. Steel fireplace tools are durable and sophisticated accessories.
- Brass - has good casting properties and is used for decorating castings.
- Cast iron is an inexpensive metal that is not inferior to steel in terms of its wear-resistant and durable characteristics. Cast iron is an excellent metal for forging sets.
- Bronze is a more expensive and noble alloy. Bronze is used for forging sets with artistic casting of elements.
In addition, tools for fireplace sets are coated with a special paint that increases their durability and heat resistance.
Fireplace tools not only perform functions of caring for it, but are also decorative elements that allow you to decorate and diversify any interior of the room in which the fireplace is located.
Basic tools for fireplace care:
- Poker or lance - used to split or stir coals, rake out ash when the wood burns out. In appearance, the poker is similar to a metal rod, rectangular or rounded at the bottom. The lance handle can be bent into a ring for easy hanging when not in use. There are pokers in which the handle has holes for each finger. The handle can be made of wood, ceramic or coated with special paint, so you won't bother your hands when stirring the coals. A poker or pike must have the following properties - be strong, weighty and tenacious.
- Brush or broom - designed to sweep away ash, clean the smoke box and the bottom of the pipe. Therefore, the brushes have a long enough handle so that you can easily carry out this operation. Most often, bristles for a broom are made from natural materials, such as horsehair. Bristles made from synthetic material will easily ignite or melt.
- Scoop - designed so that you can collect and take out burnt logs and ash. The scoop must be made of a sufficiently thick metal. Otherwise, the edges of the scoop will be subject to deformation with constant use of it to clean the fireplace. The scoops must be very strong to support the weight of the coals. The handle should not bend under the weight of ash and waste coals. There are models of scoops for which you can change the handle if it has become unusable.
- Tongs - used for folding logs, transferring coals. Using the charcoal tongs will keep your hands clean at all times.
There are 2 types of forceps:
- in the form of scissors;
- in the form of tweezers.
Both types of forceps are available with or without a handle.
On average, fireplace maintenance tools are 70 cm high. In some cases, handle lengths can be up to 80 cm. The 35 - 40 cm high sets are more aesthetic than practical and are used as decoration and addition to gas and electric fireplaces.
All tools for caring for the fireplace must be located in the immediate vicinity of the fireplace. The fireplace maintenance tools can be hung on the fireplace itself or on the wall next to the fireplace. But they will look more organic if you place them on a special rack called a serviter. This device will organically fit into the interior of the room in which the fireplace is located. The serviter will allow you to create a unique design for your room.
Some manufacturers of fireplace sets are not limited to the four listed tools, but supplement their sets with other accessories that will be useful to you for taking care of your fireplace. They are made in the same style, they will look harmonious, and you will always have all the necessary tools for caring for the fireplace at your fingertips.
- Firewood - This tool is designed for storing firewood or coal. Thanks to the presence of a wood burning stove, you will not have problems with choosing a place for placing firewood. It also protects your floor from unwanted debris such as chips, bark or dust. The fireboxes have an original design. Sometimes the owners of gas fireplaces purchase wood stoves to complete the design of the room. They can be on wheels, which simplifies the process of moving the logs.
- Fireplace grate or screen - perform two functions, on the one hand, they protect the room from escaping hot coals or sparks, and on the other, decorative, complementing the design of the fireplace. Fireplace screens come in various models, for example, classic forged bronze or modern, equipped with heat-resistant glass. Forging elements add charm to the fireplace grate. Fireplace grates in shape can resemble a picture, coat of arms or a screen. As an additional decoration, fireplace screens are purchased even for electric fireplaces.
- Charcoal and Ash Bucket - If you are using charcoal for kindling, then consider getting a nicely designed charcoal bucket. In this case, the charcoal can be stored next to the fireplace. You can also purchase a separate ash bucket. Ash cools down for a very long time, so as not to wait for a long time and not to suffer with cleaning, you should take care of buying a bucket for ash. Made of special heat-resistant material, it will not melt even if you pour out hot coals. Thanks to the interesting design, the coal and ash buckets will perfectly fit into the interior of the room where the fireplace is located.
Types of sets
There are several types of fireplace care kits, which should be selected based on your interior, as well as paying attention to the appearance of the fireplace.
The main types of fireplace sets:
- Classic - this fireplace care kit will suit any interior and fireplace. An example would be black brass tools on a stand with uncomplicated fireboxes and fireplace screens.
- From forging - will be an excellent addition to fireplaces made in an unusual or original style, the main emphasis of which is on the use of interesting design solutions.
- Original fireplace care kits can be made in a unique style (for example, in the form of knights), and in addition to the basic set of tools, include a large number of additional practical tools.
If you prefer a high-tech style, you can opt for simple fireplace tools that, thanks to polished steel, will shine, reflecting the flames.
Forged fireplace sets will greatly decorate the interior of the room in which they will be located. Forged fireplace sets are of two types:
- Wall View - You will need to attach this set to the wall in the room where the fireplace is located.
- The classic look with a stand is the most popular option, as this set does not need additional fastening. Thanks to its graceful shapes, it looks great with a fireplace of various configurations.
Forged fireplace sets transform any room, adding a little antiquity, comfort and warmth to it. They will emphasize the extraordinary and unique design of an apartment or a country house, as well as transform the sauna into a fantastic corner.
Who said that the days of brave knights have long since sunk into oblivion? As before, the knights are on the guard of order. They can protect and are a great addition to your fireplace. The fireplace set "Knight" will be an outstanding addition to your interior.
The "Knight" set contains all the necessary tools for the maintenance of the fireplace: a poker, tongs, a scoop and a brush. They are made in the same style and perfectly fit the figure of a knight.
The Knight fireplace set will be an excellent decoration for a country mansion, an apartment with high ceilings or a director's office. He focuses on the high status of the owners and demonstrates their excellent taste. The Knight fireplace set will not leave your guests indifferent, they will definitely pay attention to it. Thanks to the presence of all the necessary tools for caring for the fireplace, the "Knight" set will fulfill not only a decorative and aesthetic, but also a practical function.
A fireplace care kit should be of high quality, be practical, and aesthetically fit into the interior of the room, complementing it. Fireplace tools must also have the following properties:
- durability - serve you for more than one year;
- be resistant to corrosion;
- be made of durable materials;
- do not succumb to mechanical stress.
If you want your fireplace care kit to have the listed properties, then when choosing fireplace kits, give preference to trusted manufacturers.
When opting for a particular set for a fireplace, remember that the original style should not be at the expense of the functional purpose of this set. If you buy sets for a gas or electric fireplace, then nothing limits you. After all, the main purpose of such sets is to decorate and create a unique interior in the room where the fireplace is located.
When deciding on a particular set for a fireplace, remember that the original style should not be at the expense of the functional purpose of this set. If you buy sets for a gas or electric fireplace, then nothing limits you. After all, the main purpose of such sets is to decorate and create a unique interior in the room where the fireplace is located.