Those who like to spend New Year's holidays in a country house where there is no central heating are often worried about how to provide warmth and comfort in their homes. The best solution in such a situation would be to install a long burning fireplace.
The principle of operation of such equipment is as follows: when the fuel smolders, pyrolysis gas is released, it comes out and combines with air. This mixture burns in a special chamber, giving off three times more heat than in a standard combustion. In the course of this, soot and soot are almost completely burned out.
The firebox door in long-burning fireplaces, as usual, is made of glass and closes tightly, not letting air inside. Thanks to the transparency of the door, you can enjoy the dance of the tongues of fire.
The characteristic features of fireplace stoves for the home include mobility, economy, fashionable design and high efficiency. Many models maintain a certain temperature for a very long time, up to ten hours. However, when installing them, great requirements are put forward for the installation of the chimney. In addition, only dry fuel is used here.
The advantages of such ovens:
- Space heating is independent of energy suppliers.
- You can store fuel for the winter or buy it at any time.
- Compared to a gas boiler, there is no danger of explosion when operating a fireplace stove for a long time.
- It is easy to assemble and use the equipment, there is no need to create a project.
- This heating option will cost you less than a gas or electric boiler.
There are many categories in the range of fireplace stoves
By production material
- Cast iron. They serve for many years and are extremely reliable. Their only drawback is that they are heavy and expensive.
- Of steel. They lose heat faster than cast iron ones and are less durable.
- Combined. For the manufacture of this type of furnace, cast iron and steel are mixed.
- Made of bricks. Most often they are laid out by hand, in a special place. This type of fireplace stove is not afraid of temperature changes and the amount of fuel for kindling is usually minimal.
Heating stove-fireplace. They are great even for small rooms, as they are very compact. Their function is space heating. Easily installed and have special compartments for firewood and ash residues.
Fireplace stove with hob. With the help of it, you can not only provide warmth in the house, but also prepare food. As a rule, in the production of cooking surfaces, cast iron rings are used, provided for dishes of all sizes. Such models as Okhta, Baikal 8, Marseille-mini, Lyon have proven themselves especially well.
With built-in oven. This oven allows you to delight your loved ones with homemade cakes.
With a water circuit for heating. This oven can be brick or metal. The principle of operation of such a unit is similar to the operation of a solid fuel boiler. The water in it heats up and goes through the pipes. Fire power is regulated by a damper, smoldering or intensive mode is applied. In addition to heat, such a stove gives warm water and is used not only as the main heating option, but also as an addition.
Furnace with heat exchanger. This type of heater combines a hob and a water circuit.Wood with a moisture content of thirty percent should be used as fuel for this unit.
By the type of fuel used
Depending on the material used for kindling the fireplace stove, the equipment was divided into three groups:
Wood burning stove. Due to the large size of the furnace, such long-burning furnaces can give off heat for 12 hours from one bookmark. They are lightweight and easy to install.
Coal… A coal-fueled stove does not differ from a wood-burning stove in principle. The disadvantage is that coal pollutes the room. Nevertheless, this is a very economical option. As usual, one tab of fuel can provide heat for a day.
Pellet… Pellets are wood pellets compressed mainly from deciduous trees. When they burn, a lot of heat is released, in addition, this fuel is quite economical.
How to choose
When buying heating equipment, the following criteria should be considered:
- Power… For heating a room with an area of 100 sq.m. enough 1 kW of energy. As a rule, to calculate the optimal indicator, this number is increased by thirty percent.
- Modes of operation… Please note that the oven has two programs: active and economical. This choice is the most beneficial.
- Glass properties. It is desirable that it be resistant to temperature changes and self-cleaning.
- Features of the ash pan. Give preference to removable options, they are easier to clean.
- Additional pluses. These include the hob, built-in heat exchanger, water tank, oven.
- For a spacious house, a wall-mounted model of a fireplace stove is ideal, in addition, the range of such is now wide.
- If there is not so much space, then they buy a corner unit with a deep firebox. Some models are decorated with beautiful ceramic tiles.
Among the domestic manufacturers that have received most of the positive feedback from buyers, one can single out the companies Meta and Teplodar.
The products of these companies are characterized by excellent quality at an affordable price, pleasant appearance. One of the most famous models of Meta fireplace stoves is called Meta Selenga and is included in the rating of long burning fireplaces for the home.
The power of this compact unit is 8 kW, which is quite enough to maintain heat in a house with an area of 80 sq. M. There are two niches in such a furnace - for storing and drying firewood and an oven.
Manufacturer's products are no less popular Teplodar.
The fireplace stoves of this company with a convection system will be an excellent heating option for summer cottages. The room heats up quickly and evenly, the heat stays for a long time. Such models as OV-120, Tango Trio are in great demand.
Among the popular manufacturers of fireplace stoves in Poland are the companies Kratki and Eurokom.
Units of these brands are able to give heat without interruption for eight hours, have a double combustion system and fit wonderfully into the interior. The current bestseller is the elegant Eurokom Ambra model with an openwork ornament.
Since Finland has a harsh climate, manufacturers of this country have a wealth of experience in the development of high-quality, economical and environmentally friendly heaters. Furnaces are made mainly of cast iron or high-strength steel, covered with heat-resistant paint, their body does not overheat and does not crack.
The brands are recognized as leaders in the Finnish heating equipment market Harvia and Tulikivi.