The stone oven is convenience and comfort. She creates coziness in the house. The construction will not be superfluous in the room, even if there is additional central heating.
The fireplace becomes an integral part of any interior and fits perfectly into it. The stove is installed both in a private house and in an apartment.
The first furnace designs appeared in England. Several centuries ago, the fireplace was not used for heating, but primarily showed the well-being of its owners. Thus, it was possible to demonstrate to guests the level of income and understand the status of the family.
Today, the fireplace is more of a decorative function; in private houses, they serve for partial heating of the room. At the same time, the stove construction has advantages over a standard heating system. The heat from the batteries, if the appropriate insulation is not carried out, partially goes to the street, and the heat from the stove remains in the house. Also, the fire burning in the fireplace gives a feeling of harmony, relaxes after a hard day's work or family troubles.
How to do it yourself
Before you start laying a fireplace, you need to decide on its size. The first thing to start from is the size of the room where the stove structure will be installed. Remember that there must be conditions in the house for installing a fireplace hood.
To lay the stove, you will need tools such as a meter or tape measure, a trowel, a plumb line, a level, a rule-ruler and a pickaxe hammer. The most common material used for masonry is clay bricks. Choose the best quality material for cladding, choose a size that will not differ from the main bricks. Cement, clay and sand will be the main ingredients for preparing the mortar.
Foundation, insulation layer, fire clay, sand, cement and much more - keep in mind that such materials may be needed when erecting a structure.
First of all, dig a pit for the fireplace - a depth of about 50 centimeters. Choose the width of the pit 10 centimeters larger than the future stove. The structure can be built with your own hands without the involvement of specialists.
The wooden form of the future English fireplace, which will be filled with concrete, must be at least 5 centimeters lower than the level of the floor covering.
For laying out the formwork, take rubble stones. Fill them with a 3 to 1 mortar. Use a mixture of sand and cement for filling. Level the floor, cover with plastic wrap. Before shrinkage occurs, the structure should stand in this state for about a week.
The overlap is laid out independently using various styles. There may be decorations such as wood, stone, marble. The most common lintels are arched. If the style is arched, then ray details are used.
For the manufacture of wedge-shaped lintels, the bricks are placed on the edge; it is desirable to align the formwork. The result should be a wedge-shaped seam.
In the case of the arched and beam style, the lintels are laid on the formwork itself. Before carrying out construction work, decide on how the floor will be laid, since it will be almost impossible or rather problematic to redo it.
To make, for example, an open traditional English stovax fireplace, you need to have a special ordering scheme, materials and necessary elements for construction work.
Below are a number of rules that it is advisable to follow when building a fireplace
- Only red bricks can be soaked in water. They do not absorb water from the resulting solution. Refractory bricks are washed from dust with liquid.
- The exceptionally solid side of the brick is directed towards the hearth during the masonry process.
- Before laying each row, the masonry is unrolled and dried without using mortar. After the brick has been adjusted, do it on a clean surface with mortar.
- It is customary to take refractory bricks as a firebox. Sometimes the flooring is decorated to overlap the firebox.
- The chimney is designed separately. Furnaces used for heating must be isolated from each other.
- To create a stylish fireplace and decorate it, an oak or pine board shelf is used. The thickness varies from 40 to 60 millimeters. Only aniline dye is suitable for toning.
- The grate is not used for the fireplace insert. The masonry is carried out by means of jointing. There should be no plaster outside.
- To seal and adjoin the smoke box, it is better to take clay or asbestos, which was previously dissolved in water-based paint.
- Steel shutters will help increase heat dissipation. For the manufacture of the site in front of the portal, facing and refractory bricks are used. 50 centimeters is the most acceptable width of the portal and at least 20 centimeters on the sides of the English stove.
- The damper is installed above the smoke duct.
Make sure that if you make an English fireplace with your own hands without the help of specialists, the masonry is straight. Inaccuracies can ruin the entire erected structure.
Materials such as brick or varnished wood are used to decorate the stove. With the help of a special colored solution, you can embroider the seams. To decorate an English fireplace, it is also recommended to use marble slabs, metal, iron, brick, wooden platbands.
The fireplace is easy to use, despite the fact that outwardly the structure looks complicated. The only difficulty is cleaning the oven, but it is enough to carry out the procedure once a year.