In the modern world, the fireplace is no less popular than in the Middle Ages. But now it is not possible to see a classic stone fireplace everywhere; the classic was replaced by an electric wall-mounted fireplace. This modern building combines both decorative elements and the main function of the fireplace - heating the room.
Features and characteristics
Electric fireplaces usually look like a plasma screen with a flame burner inside. The principle of operation of the wall structure is carried out by converting electricity into thermal energy. To simulate the combustion process, decorative logs and coals are placed on the bottom of the firebox. For greater believability, special lamps and a mirror are installed in the mini-fireplace, which together create the effect of a flame.
The technical characteristics of the electric fireplace directly depend on the manufacturer and the design of the mini-hearth. These include:
- Size (depth, height, width). In this regard, fireplaces can be both small (10cm / 30cm / 50cm) and large (40cm / 200cm / 250cm).
- Power. This characteristic varies from 1 kW to 2.5 kW. The more power, the more area electric fireplaces can heat.
- Material. The body of the fireplace is most often thin, therefore it consists of glass, plastic or metal. But the front panel is always made of glass so that the flame can be clearly seen.
Wall mounted electric fireplaces have 4 main features:
- Heating. Usually air heating is carried out using a convector, but there is another option - a special heater. The second option is combined with a fan, which contributes to the rapid heating of the room. And the electronic thermostat is able to maintain the desired temperature.
- Sound accompaniment. In order to make the electronic fireplace more complete, a player is built into it, which reproduces the sounds of smoldering logs. In addition, you can use a special connector to install a USB flash drive with your favorite music.
- Remote control. You can control the work of a wall-mounted fireplace from anywhere, as a modern device in the kit has a remote control. With its help, functions such as the speed and stage of combustion, the brightness of the light and the operating mode are regulated. Especially high-tech devices are controlled by a smartphone.
- Air purification system. The mini-fireplace in its design has a filter that removes not only dust particles from the air, but also harmful bacteria and various resins. The ultrasonic steam generator is capable of humidifying the air with steam, while at the same time creating a smoke effect behind the front panel of the fireplace.
Choosing an electric fireplace
In order to choose the right and suitable fireplace for your home, before buying, determine for yourself all the functions that you want to see in it. And also do not forget about the color scheme so that the fireplace does not stand out much against the background of your interior.
Ask a question: should the fireplace heat the room or is it only required to fit beautifully into the interior? If you want to bask in front of an electronic fireplace, then be sure to choose the device with the highest power when purchasing. If the function of the mini-fireplace is to serve as a night light, then in this case it is worth paying attention to the period of its continuous operation.
At the very end, you need to determine the location of the wall fireplace in your home. Both the size and design of the mini-hearth will depend on this.
How to properly install a wall-mounted fireplace:
- Before installation, you must choose the right wall to place the fireplace.
- Supply of electrical wires to the installation site. Mounting the socket and power button.
- Determining the type of installation: Place or hang. A wall-mounted fireplace can be neatly placed in a cabinet niche, or you can simply hang it on the wall.
- Attaching the mounting plate to the wall. If you need to fix the fireplace on a concrete wall, then you will need a dowel length of more than 50 mm for this. And the fireplace is attached to the plasterboard walls by means of polypropylene dowels. After fastening, you can insert the cord into the outlet and turn on the fireplace.
During installation, remember about fire safety and then you will get an excellent and multifunctional design in your home.
In the interior
The best place for a wall-mounted fireplace is the widest wall in the room, opposite to which there is a sofa or bed. It follows that the fireplace can be easily installed both in the bedroom and in the living room.
Placing on the wall is convenient because installation does not require special knowledge and time. Also, a wall-mounted hearth always looks beautiful and does not take up too much space.
There are several prohibitions regarding the placement of a wall-mounted fireplace in a room. It is strictly forbidden to place a mini-hearth next to a window. In this case, the visual effect of contemplating the fireplace will disappear. Also, do not hang the fireplace on a wall that is strewn with photographs or paintings. It does not matter what size these attributes should not be at all, otherwise the whole beauty of the fireplace will fade against their background.
There are no rules and special fashion trends regarding the choice of a wall-mounted fireplace. Therefore, you can choose a fireplace in absolutely any style, paying attention only to your own desires and financial capabilities. A wall-mounted fireplace can be made in a very different style and have a minimum or maximum functionality, it all depends on you. Do not forget about the main function of a modern fireplace, which is not heating, but decoration. A correctly chosen fireplace will serve you a long service life, delighting you and your household.