Creating a fireplace in the country is a great solution. The fireplace will become the heart of the house, a place where the whole family will gather on long winter evenings over a cup of tea and pleasant conversations. Fireplaces add warmth, a pleasant atmosphere of tranquility and comfort, and will also be a great addition to the interior of the room. In addition to their beautiful appearance, fireplaces can also be used for their intended purpose - to heat the house.
First, decide what kind of fireplace you want to install. Fireplaces for a country house are of different types and each of them has its own characteristics:
- wood stoves - fireplaces. These fireplaces are made of bricks, cast iron and steel and have the function of a heat exchanger. Such fireplaces have open, half-open and closed fireboxes. These fireplaces run on solid fuel - wood or coal. Firewood is considered the most affordable fuel. Also, the tree has an excellent ability to absorb carbon dioxide;
- gas country fireplaces are also very popular, they work on the principle of a kitchen stove, but have a beautiful design. They are used not only to heat the house, but also simply as an interior decoration.
- electric fireplaces; the main advantages of such fireplaces are their safety and ease of use. If you do not want to waste your time lighting the fireplace, then an electric fireplace will be the perfect option for you. Such an installation serves as both a heating device and an element of decor in the house;
- decorative (fake) fireplace is considered one of the most affordable and budgetary. It is installed if they just want to diversify the interior of the room. This fireplace is suitable for decorative purposes only. It is quite simple to install and can be decorated as you like;
- it makes sense to choose a fireplace stove with a water circuit if you need to regularly heat a large area of the room. This design heats up quickly and the heat spreads throughout all rooms.
- eco fireplaces; such fireplaces are the safest and most environmentally friendly. This type of fireplace runs on liquid fuel - bioethanol. When burning, this substance does not emit substances hazardous to health. The disadvantages of such models include the high price and high consumption of liquid fuel;
- mini fireplaces; This is a portable miniature fireplace. Due to their small size, they can be located anywhere, for example, on a table;
- stove stove; very simple, compact and affordable type of heating. The operation of a potbelly stove is only slightly more difficult than using a fireplace, however, fuel is saved much better;
- garden barbecue ovens, grills, barbecues are irreplaceable helpers for frying kebabs and preparing other dishes in the country. Such ovens are small and can be carried anywhere by one person;
- The convection oven is used for cooking meat, fish, bread and other dishes. Convection ovens are compact and easy to use;
- cassette fireplace - iron or cast iron firebox, covered with glass. It is inserted into the oven or finished with various materials (for example, brick). A closed firebox does not require constant monitoring, which is undoubtedly the advantage of this type of furnace.
How to choose
When choosing a fireplace, first of all, pay attention to its efficiency, simplicity and ease of use. Study the technical characteristics of the fireplace carefully. It is not only the appearance and design that are important, but also the power of the fireplace and what kind of fuel you will use.
The Bavaria fireplace stoves receive good reviews. Such fireplaces have a high efficiency, due to which the heated room heats up rather quickly. Also "Bavaria" is equipped with a system of slow burning of wood, which makes the stove economical to use. Bavaria's models are not only budgetary, but also visually attractive and will perfectly fit into your country house.
An outdoor fireplace is best installed in a gazebo or on a veranda, that is, under a canopy. This will help protect the fireplace from the threat of destruction due to weather conditions. It is for this reason that an outdoor fireplace must be made of wear-resistant material such as brick or stone. You can make a steel fireplace with a barbecue so that it serves more than just a decorative function.
How to do it yourself
After you decide on the type of fireplace, you can start assembling it. To begin with, you need to think over a project for the construction of a fireplace, that is, an order. You can draw the order of the fireplace yourself, taking into account all the technical characteristics of the fireplace. The order is easiest to draw on plain squared paper.
Ordering the fireplace will help you calculate how much material will be required to prepare it in advance. The best material for such a fireplace will be brick. If you burn the brick well, then the whole fireplace can be laid out of it. The mortar for laying the fireplace stove can be purchased ready-to-use, you just need to dilute the mixture with water.
You can also prepare a homemade masonry mud mortar. To do this, you need oily clay and washed sand without impurities. The clay should be clean, with a minimum sand content. Better to take blue clay, although red will do. Before preparing the solution, the clay must be soaked for several days and filtered through a sieve to remove pebbles.
It is important to observe the proportion in which the clay and sand are mixed. You need to consider that too much clay is much better than not enough clay.
After the foundation of the fireplace is ready, you need to fill it with solid concrete. If your fireplace will stand against a wall made of combustible material, you will need to install a fire protection.
The first row should be laid out as evenly as possible. Further brick laying is carried out in accordance with the layout plan. Laying should start from the corners and control the observance of the horizontal level between them. Excess mortar can be removed with a trowel, and the dirty brick can be wiped with a wet cloth.
Brick outdoor fireplace stoves can be built using the same technology as home ones. To begin with, you need to determine where the fireplace will be located. Next, you should draw a diagram of the fireplace and indicate in it all the dimensions and amount of building material that you will use.
For such a fireplace, it is necessary to use a heat-resistant brick, since it is quite reliable and durable. Once the foundation is settled, it will be possible to move on to the brickwork.
Examples of design in the interior of the room: modern ideas
Today, fireplaces are becoming especially popular. This is because installing a fireplace avoids monotony and makes your room cozy, interesting and modern. Agree that it is extremely pleasant to gather friends together near the fireplace, and on long winter evenings to listen to a tree crackling, to feel warmth, to enjoy calmness and silence. Without a doubt, the fireplace will be the perfect solution for your country house.
It is imperative that the fireplace fits into the layout of your country house in design and style. The interior decoration should be done in such a way that the color of the fireplace matches the style of the room you choose.
Wall-mounted fireplaces should also match the style of the room. For example, if your living room is made in a classic style, then a wall-mounted fireplace should be decorated with high-quality wood or heat-resistant finishing material.A necessary element is a shelf made of marble or wood, where you can place beautiful candlesticks or cute figurines.
If you are a lover of minimalism in the interior, you can choose a fireplace that is quite simple in its style.
Since modern fireplaces do not require a lot of space, you will have more space for other decorative items.
Corner fireplaces have become very popular in modern homes.
The dream of any modern person is to combine a fireplace and a TV in one room.
If you decide to install a fireplace and a TV in the country together, you should remember that they should be about the same size so that a larger or too small object does not draw attention to itself. Then such a solution will ideally fit into the interior design of your country living room.