Many people think about placing an electric fireplace in an apartment and often ask questions about their safety, placement in the interior, cost and installation.
Features and Benefits
Electric fireplaces heat the house during the cold season and often become the main part of the interior. Such a hearth is lightweight and has no open fire; it can be decorated with a unique design. The advantage of such a fireplace is that it heats the air in the room and is environmentally friendly. From such an acquisition, there will be no dirt in the apartment and it can be left unattended for a long time without fear of the children.
How to choose
When choosing, you need to know the exact location and purpose of the fireplace, you should pay attention to the dimensions of the model.
Appliances with a steam generator perfectly humidify the air in the room, this is a unique acquisition for a family with children. Most electric fireplaces are equipped with a remote control, air filtration system, sleep mode and temperature control.
Be sure to pay attention to the availability of the warranty. You need to buy an electric fireplace from a manufacturer that has service centers in your area.
Portal fireplaces or fireplace sets are the easiest way to buy. A ready-made electric fireplace - a hearth with a portal does not require a lot of time and special devices. The device, made of natural or artificial stone, will harmoniously fit into the interior in the style of a chalet or loft. As it gets dirty, just wipe the case with a damp cloth.
3D electric fireplaces. Nowadays, 3D technologies allow you to create very beautiful images, as well as high-quality effects of artificial flame and imitation of burning and crackling of logs. The main feature of 3D is the increased safety of products, which allows you to safely install such purchases in residential buildings and apartments
- Electric heaters - a great alternative to a fire fireplace in a country house, it solves the problem of all those who like to warm their soul and body by the burning hearth. Elements for the design of electric stoves are very diverse, doors and other items can be made to order.
- Mini electric fireplaces multifunctional - a wide range of design styles, power, ease of management. They are easy to use, they can be placed anywhere and not limited to the style of the interior. The installation does not require large expenses. The efficiency of work, which shows this small electric fireplace, will always surprise and delight. Such a hearth will give you the joy of contemplating the enchanting play of fire.
- Classic fireplaces belong to the Baroque styles. This is a great option for large rooms in a simple style. Often, such fire keepers are lush and decorated with plant elements.
- Bio fireplaces - their fire can be enjoyed anywhere, in the apartment, in the country and in other places, since almost all models are lightweight. This type of device is a stainless steel case, into which special environmentally friendly biofuel is poured. Bio fireplaces are available separately, standing and built-in, models from modern hi-tech to classic.
- Floor standing are some of the most popular types. In appearance they resemble a classic wood-burning fireplace. They can be moved anywhere in the apartment. They are environmentally friendly and easy to care for.
- Portable - an excellent option for lovers of urban and suburban life. Portable fireplaces are very lightweight, they can be rearranged anywhere in the house and taken with you to the country. They are completely safe to use and can be installed flush against the wall.
Wall mounted - the most common interior items in modern apartments. They create coziness and atmosphere in the house, they work with electricity or biofuel. They are quite easy to maintain, it is enough just to periodically do wet cleaning, as for any furniture. It can be installed not only in the bedroom or living room, but also in the hallway and corridor
- EmbeddedThis fireplace will be the brightest part of the room, it attracts the eye and creates a unique atmosphere. Has a large heating capacity, can be installed in any portal, niche or wall.
- Fireplace baskets. Outwardly, they resemble wood-burning stoves made of metal rods. Filled with mock-ups of smoldering logs or coals.
Fire simulation types:
- With the effect of living fire. There are many such models and they often run on biofuel, which is safe and environmentally friendly for indoor air.
- Broadcast fireplaces.The image is displayed on the LCD monitor. Special effects make the picture realistic. Aquarium and other themes can be played on the screen. At an angle, the clarity of the image deteriorates.
Electric fireplaces with humidifier - ideal for most families, because they have a built-in steam generator. For the device to work properly, you need to fill the reservoir with water on time. When there is enough water, the fireplace will be connected to the mains. Such devices require special care; they need to be cleaned every few weeks. This is due to limescale deposits that may appear inside the appliance
You can decorate a fireplace either with the help of a wizard or on your own. For installation, you need to install an iron frame, to which you should attach drywall, then finish it yourself, as your heart desires. Making a fireplace made of wood is not the best option, because it will dry out from the hot air. Firewood, stones and other items are suitable for decor.
This decor is suitable for a variety of styles. It can be easily done by hand. Polyurethane is well protected from mechanical stress and is a heat-resistant material. It can be used as fireplace portals.
How much is
The price depends on your choice. All of them are very diverse, sometimes expensive, such as portal prototypes, wall-mounted electric fireplaces. There is also a mini, the cost of which is not too high.
Interesting interior solutions
A corner fireplace in a one-room apartment is a noble and refined option. With its help, you can mask the flaws in the finish and the size of the room. It has an indisputable advantage over frontal ones - they can be placed even in the smallest room in terms of area. A wide range of shapes, dimensions and materials is presented on the modern market.
In the living room, the fireplace plays the main role, and based on its location, further arrangement of furniture and decorative elements is planned. Thanks to him, the living room turns into a cozy fireplace room for evening family rest and friendly gatherings.
In the bedroom, a crackling hearth will accentuate the romantic atmosphere and create irreplaceable coziness. It can be placed either opposite the bed or in the corner. The main thing is not to make the fireplace too catchy, it will knock out of the interior of the bedroom and attract undue attention. It should be done in pastel colors and decorated with various ornaments.