A corner stove - a fireplace - is an excellent choice among fireplaces, because it not only warms the air, but you can also cook on it. With the help of a corner stove - fireplace, any house will acquire a special atmosphere of warmth and comfort. The stove can be either brick or metal. To decide which stove is a better fireplace, the description of each stove in this article will help.
Made of metal
The main advantage of this oven is that it is compact and heats up very quickly. The corner stove itself is a heating device with a firebox, which is covered with special glass. Some models of metal stoves consist of a stove, and a tank - a heat exchanger that can be connected to the general heating.
The main advantage of such a fireplace is that it is compact and lightweight. Such a fireplace can be placed on any surface and the installation process itself does not take much time. In addition, the metal corner stove is safe and inexpensive.
The model of the fireplace, which has a built-in function of long burning, is very economical: the metered supply of oxygen prevents strong burning of the wood. The stove can burn for more than 5 hours without adding additional fuel, which saves on firewood.
Metal stove - the fireplace can be connected to the general water heating of the house, with the help of which the whole house will fall off.
The disadvantages of such a stove - fireplace include:
- Unpleasant odors develop if the oven is not used for a long time.
- Some stoves are small, so the standard size of the wood may not be suitable. You will need to cut them yourself.
The installation of such a furnace is very complicated and time-consuming. But it is a brick fireplace that creates an atmosphere of coziness and comfort in private houses and dachas. The main advantage of such a furnace is its high heat capacity, which allows you to maintain the desired temperature for a sufficiently long period of time. It is also important that the brick oven will fit into any interior, because it has many finishing methods. Brick corner stove - the fireplace is durable and safe.
The disadvantages of such a furnace include:
- Massive construction.
- Long and complicated manufacturing.
- The inability to put a ready-made brick stove in the house - a fireplace.
Cast iron stoves are an integral part of the country interior. Such a stove will fit into any room, because it can be decorated with ceramic lining. A very important advantage of such a stove is that it can be small in size to fit even in a small room. A cast iron stove - a fireplace can be used as the main way to heat a house, because it heats up quickly and keeps heat well. It is also important that this heating method is very economical, because not much fuel is required for a cast-iron stove.
The disadvantages of the corner stove - cast iron fireplace are:
- Do not install close to flammable objects
- The surface of the stove gets very hot, so it is easy to get burned on it.
- First you need to choose a place where the fireplace will be located. This place needs to be marked;
- To install a chimney system, it is necessary to open the ceiling;
- The base for the furnace must be equipped with refractory materials (floor tiles or sheet metal);
- It is necessary to equip an interfloor passage (fire insulation);
- Install a fireplace insert;
- Carry out the installation and connect the double-circuit and single-circuit pipes;
- Connect the fireplace insert to the chimney;
- Bring the chimney to the roof of the house;
- Install a fungus to protect the chimney from debris;
- Cover the chimney with heat-resistant paint;
- Install the fireplace cladding;
- Assemble the frame of the box from a metal profile;
- Mount the thermal insulation layer;
- Build the box itself.
When installing the stove, you need to keep in mind that there should be a small distance between the stove - fireplace and the wall of the house.
Which one to choose
When choosing a fireplace, the buyer needs to pay attention not only to the appearance, but also to the manufacturer of the stove - fireplace. One of the most popular companies for the production of fireplaces is the Russian group of companies "Meta"… Products from this manufacturer are of high quality, because in the manufacture of ovens, the company cooperates with Japan, Germany and France. All ovens are tested in Russian climatic conditions, so they work without interruptions.
The products are produced serially. One of the most demanded series is Metafire. Stoves fireplaces of this line are designed to heat the house and summer cottage. The main advantage of the Metafire series is that the ovens are equipped with a temperature equalization function. A distinctive feature is the fact that the ovens are very mobile, because made of metal and lightweight.
The most popular wood-burning fireplace from the Metafire series is the Neva. It is in great demand due to the fact that its installation does not require a lot of space. This stove heats three adjoining rooms. Fireplace stove "Neva" is an open fireplace that allows you to watch a live fire. A special door will protect owners from sparks and save the floor from soot.
Such a fireplace heats up quickly enough and keeps heat for a long time. Fuel for the stove can be not only wood, but also brown coal. The service life of the Neva corner furnace is at least 10 years. Reviews of the Neva fireplace stove are positive. The owners are satisfied with the operation of the stove, but they warn that it is not worth heating with coniferous wood or charcoal.