Furniture plays a huge role in the interior of the home, while it is not only the main element of the decor, but also gives the room comfort, helps to rationally place things. Among the chic selection of furniture designs, a radius corner wardrobe deserves special attention. Its unique design saves on living space. Such a cabinet can be easily placed indoors, does not block the aisles and looks gorgeous in any room interior. Often, corner models are chosen in the bedroom and hallway; radius wardrobes are well suited for the living room.
Unlike bulky and voluminous cabinets, corner structures have a semicircular and convex shape, so they take up a minimum of space in the room, which, in turn, helps the owners of the house to practically store things, saving every useful centimeter of housing. There are also undulating models of furniture.
It should be noted that the swing mechanism in such cabinets is equipped with a special retractable system, which is easy to use, and the absence of sharp corners simplifies movement in small rooms and reduces children's injuries during games.
Due to the presence of many positive characteristics, radius cabinets are very popular. For modern home decoration, designers recommend purchasing mirrored cabinets, as well as white designs with dark decor.
Advantages and disadvantages
There are many models of cabinets on the furniture market, but corner radius structures occupy a special place among them. A distinctive feature of such furniture is considered to be a concave or convex shape, due to which the furniture gets a soft outline. In addition, curved facades harmoniously fit into the overall interior of the home, fill the room with special notes of coziness and comfort. The main advantages of radius cabinets include:
- Economical use of free space. Such furniture is well suited for rooms with limited space. As a rule, such structures are installed in special niches, corners and rooms with adjacent walls of different lengths.
- The original design of the models, an unusual look. Cabinets are characterized by a complex geometric shape, which is often combined with convex and concave contours.
- Bend radius. Due to the large radius, furniture can take the shape of an arc or a circle. Manufacturers often combine sliding and swing doors in the same cabinet model.
- An elegant choice of performance. The presence of curved contours in furniture makes it possible to produce models of various shapes.
Despite the huge number of positive characteristics, radius cabinets also have a number of disadvantages that must be taken into account when choosing products. So, for example, in such a design, there is little roominess, so the interior of the cabinet is not filled efficiently. In addition, radius structures are expensive, since additional materials and unique fasteners are used for their production. As for the design, the corner radius cabinets are selected strictly according to the style of the room, otherwise there will be an imbalance in the interior of the room.
During the arrangement of rooms, the correct choice and placement of cabinets is considered an important issue. In this case, the furniture should not be tied to a specific place of installation, but, on the contrary, make the space of the room free and accessible for movement.Therefore, radius structures should be placed in the room in such a way as not to constrict the room. It is not recommended to install such models in corridors. Today, the following types of corner cabinets are distinguished:
Traditional. Such products are designed for corner installation. They completely fill the corner of the room, and thanks to the external flowing forms they make the room free and visually hide the irregular lines of the rooms. It is possible to place radial cabinets in any chosen corner of the room, their back wall completely repeats the shape of the corner. In this case, the model of the cabinets directly depends on the length of the adjacent walls and the size of the corner reversal. Such constructions, as a rule, are equipped with sliding, swing or combined doors
Concave. Takes up a minimum of space. Concave furniture facades allow you to visually adjust the room, hiding its irregular proportions
Convex. They fit well into the interior of small rooms that do not have long walls. The front of such cabinets is oval, so they are often used on the principle of built-in structures
Convex-concave (wavy). They are a combined type of furniture, the front of which is decorated with convex and bent doors. Thanks to the unique combination of geometric shapes in a complete assembly, the product looks like a solid figure with beautiful flowing lines
Radial corner cabinets are particularly attractive. They consist of such basic elements as a facade, a body, a sliding system, interior filling and decor. In their manufacture, various finishing materials are used, but most often they are used in furniture production:
- Chipboard. These are laminated boards made of wood and shavings. This material is characterized by strength, moisture resistance, therefore, it is excellent for assembling facades and hulls.
- Chipboard. Practical and durable material made from wood shavings. Used in the manufacture of cases.
- HDF. Boards have a high density, they are made from fibrous wood.
- MDF. Medium density material, it is used for the assembly of facades.
- Veneer. Its main purpose is to decorate wardrobes.
- Wood. It differs from other raw materials in its increased strength and environmental friendliness, but it is expensive and makes the furniture structure heavy. For the production of radius cabinets, as a rule, ash, oak and beech are chosen.
In addition to the above materials, laminated plastic, bamboo canvases, tinted triplex, artificial leather are also used in the manufacture of corner cabinets. As for the sliding mechanisms, they are rollers and aluminum profiles.
A corner radius wardrobe should not only fit beautifully into the overall appearance of the room, but also be roomy, compact, multifunctional and practical. Since these cabinets are intended for storing bags, accessories, outerwear and hats, they are supplemented with various shelves that fully correspond to the configuration of the doors.
To make the furniture easy to use, when choosing it, you should pay attention to the presence in the structure of such elements as:
- Built-in pedestals;
- Shoe stands;
- Radial shelves;
- Compartments for clothes;
Corner structures can be filled with various elements, it all depends on the size and shape of the structure. At the same time, the radius of curvature plays a huge role in such furniture models, since it significantly limits the filling of the cabinet inside.
To keep all the things in the closet comfortably, it is worth additionally equipping them with spacious compartments and crossbars for hangers. Also in radius models there are external shelves designed for storing glasses, wallets, key rings or keys.
How to choose?
If standard rectilinear cabinets are best purchased ready-made, then it is recommended to order radius models strictly according to individual drawings. Of course, it will not be easy to create an original wardrobe on your own, but experts will easily cope with this task. When choosing a certain model of a corner cabinet, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Possibility to install furniture along the walls.
- Symmetrical cabinets are mainly placed in niches and corners of the hallway.
- Semi-oval and semicircular products are well suited for Art Nouveau rooms.
- The quality of the body materials must be impeccable.
- The color is selected based on personal preference, but it should be in harmony with the background of the ceiling, walls and flooring.
The video below shows an example of a radius cabinet in the hallway.