Sliding wardrobe is the most rational and modern wardrobe model, where aesthetics, functionality and durability are combined. The installation of such a structure in the bathroom may seem original, but very justified: the bathroom requires a lot of storage space, and all kinds of shelves, cabinets, drawers are sometimes so annoying that you want to solve problems thanks to just one piece of furniture. The salvation for a spacious bathroom will be the installation of a sliding wardrobe - a spacious and ergonomic design.
Features of the
The sliding wardrobe has a lot of pleasant features. What if you install a built-in or cabinet structure in the bathroom?
- The design allows you to place a variety of items: from hygiene products and detergents to towels and linen.
- Sliding wardrobe doors in the bathroom do not require additional opening space, so you can install a base cabinet even in a small room.
- A sliding wardrobe in a bathroom with mirrors is a practical and useful choice; a full-length mirror will allow you to examine yourself and tidy up in the best way.
- The design from floor to ceiling is the most advantageous among the models of sliding wardrobes, since it allows you to collect all items in a single place; such a design will even allow you to place mops, an ironing board, brooms for a bath and any other accessories.
- A sliding wardrobe in a bathroom with a toilet can act as an original way of zoning space: install a double-sided wardrobe in the room.
- One of the disadvantages of a bathroom wardrobe with mirrors is that the mirrors will fog up; this problem can be solved only by a competent ventilation system with a good working one. Otherwise, you will have to "ventilate" the bathroom more often.
How to choose
Any bathroom furniture must have a feature - be resistant to temperature extremes and high humidity. This task is perfectly handled by special impregnations for furniture - chipboard, MDF, wood, metal; the only thing that such a room will not work with glass: you will have to install an improved version of ventilation or open the door to the bathroom more often.
Determine the place for the future wardrobe: it is better to place the structure in a niche or along the wall - this will allow you to make the rest of the space free for access. It is surprising that a wardrobe is suitable for a bathroom of any size and will help to “unload” the room from unnecessary details and objects.
Select the size of the wardrobe: its depth (other parameters will depend solely on the bathroom layout); the depth of the cabinet should allow to accommodate the necessary accessories, while there should be no "extra" space.
Facade design is an individual matter; for the bathroom, it will be appropriate to place mirrors on at least one door of the wardrobe to make the structure even more functional.
The sliding wardrobe allows you to rationalize the bathroom space, even a small square, just read a few additional tips:
- Is the bathroom small? This is not a reason to refuse a wardrobe: place the structure along the wall and "hide" everything unnecessary in it: household appliances (washing machine, for example), drying board, laundry basket, hygiene products and textiles, household accessories. You will be surprised how your room will be transformed.
- It is possible to create an artificial niche in the bathroom for mounting a sliding wardrobe thanks to moisture-resistant drywall; it will become much easier to install a wardrobe.
- Facade designs do not have to have mirrors; choose stained glass or glass surfaces (matte or glossy), wood (bamboo, rattan) to create an interesting interior solution.
- All materials of the bathroom wardrobe must have a moisture resistant coating to avoid deformation. The ideal choice will nevertheless be plastic or glass and various combinations with it, since these materials are less susceptible to moisture and temperature factors.