Finding good furniture that meets all the requirements is quite difficult. The sliding wardrobe in the hallway is one of the few types of structures that combines maximum functionality with a pleasant appearance. And due to its small size, such furniture fits perfectly into a small hallway.
The main advantages of the wardrobe are:
- Variety (type, design, size). There are many standard options, but recently, corner designs that can be installed in a small room have become popular. As for the design, it is simply impossible to list all the options.
- Sliding doors. With their help, you can significantly save space, and in terms of functionality, such doors are not inferior to any other variations. For a narrow hallway, this is ideal.
- The ability to make a structure based on your own ideas. It is so easy to order a wardrobe with a mirror or a mezzanine. And if there is a niche, then you can make a built-in wardrobe.
- A wide range of prices. You can buy a budget option, or you can spend several tens of thousands to get an unusual design for the corridor.
Thanks to the development of new technologies, sliding wardrobes are created from a variety of materials. The most common materials for decoration and construction bases are natural wood, plastic, glass, bamboo, rattan. You can purchase a structure for the hallway, made of absolutely safe materials. Quality and style come first when creating modern wardrobes.
It is impossible to choose a good wardrobe for the corridor if you do not initially know what to choose from. This is especially true for small corridors in the "Khrushchev" or any other small apartment. Choosing any furniture for a small room is always problematic, because you have to take into account a lot of nuances. As for a wardrobe for a small room, the assortment is quite wide, so everyone can buy exactly the model that suits him to the maximum.
A classic in the execution of a sliding wardrobe for the hallway, characterized by a standard appearance and parameters. Most often, this is massive furniture, which has in its design all the necessary elements for storing all types of clothes and shoes. The functionality of this type is excellent, while the dimensions leave much to be desired. Therefore, this option is chosen by the owners of spacious hallways. If you make a wardrobe to order, taking into account the size of your own corridor, you can get a small classic wardrobe.
Also, for a small hallway, you can make a built-in or semi-built wardrobe, which will take up much less space without losing its functionality.
Several interesting options for a cabinet wardrobe for a small hallway:
- A cabinet-type wardrobe with sliding doors and a mirror organically fit into the classic design of a small hallway (Fig. 1). It differs in small dimensions and maximum functionality: the internal structure is equipped with all the tapes of the storage system.
- The built-in wardrobe for a small hallway is made of natural wood in combination with a mirror surface (Fig. 2). The structure is equipped with original lighting, which visually enlarges the space of the room.
- Semi built-in wardrobe in a small corridor.Thanks to the white color scheme of the cabinet and spotlights on the ceiling, the room seems much larger than it actually is.
This type of hallway furniture is very convenient to use in rooms of any size. There are two varieties of this type: L-shaped and trapezoidal wardrobe. The design in the form of the letter "L" consists of two small wardrobes, which are interconnected at the end. They are very convenient for installation in a narrow corridor. In this case, the wardrobe will have one long and one short side, in accordance with the dimensions of the hallway.
The trapezoidal wardrobe fits easily into the corners of small corridors. It is very roomy and has an unusual shape, as a result of which it looks original and stylish.
Small hallway and corner wardrobe:
- A small trapezoidal corner cabinet in a small hallway (fig. 4). Looks stylish and fits organically into the corridor. Roomy enough for a family of two.
- An original and beautiful wardrobe that combines elements of a corner and a trapezoidal structure (Fig. 5). The basis of the design is a trapezoidal corner cabinet. Along the edges are additional storage boxes, hooks for clothes and a mirror, which look organic and only increase the functionality of the small structure. A non-standard color scheme is very advantageous in terms of space saving, since the dark side panels "hide" the cabinet and it seems very small.
- A corner wardrobe made of wood in a classic style looks very stylish and expensive (Fig. 6). Despite its small size, the design combines everything that is possible: a closed wardrobe for bulky clothes and shoes, open shelves for storing various little things, hooks, hangers, drawers, a mezzanine.
How to choose?
All types and types of structures for the corridor have been disassembled, which means that you can safely look for the right model for yourself. But first you need to understand what, in addition to the above, affects the choice
- Cost is a very important indicator. The price of a sliding wardrobe can be very different, there are models for 10 thousand, and there are sliding wardrobes with a price of 50 thousand. Therefore, select cabinets in a certain price category, for example, in the range from 15 to 30 thousand. For such a price, it is quite possible to purchase a wardrobe for a small hallway.
- The size. This criterion also depends on you, or rather, on your corridor. What to do? Measure with a tape measure the height, width and length into which you want to fit the cabinet and look for a design that matches these parameters. And if there is nothing suitable? Leave a request for a personal wardrobe, taking into account your wishes.
If there are no questions regarding the price and size, then it remains to choose or come up with the design of the future structure on your own. How to arrange and decorate a wardrobe in a small corridor? There are many answers to this question. Most often, sliding wardrobes are decorated with large mirrors, plastic, sandblasted drawings and photo printing.
During the purchase, carefully inspect the interior of the wardrobe to make sure that all your belongings will find their place.
Small hallway design
Decorating premises in a certain style is a stylish and correct trend. If earlier the design was developed only for large and most functional rooms, such as a living room, bedroom or kitchen, now many are trying to highlight a small corridor using an unusual design.
What determines the design of a small hallway? Naturally, on the size and shape of the room, and only after that - on the style of the entire apartment.
Do you have a narrow corridor? The modern market has a mass of wardrobes that will easily fit into a small space. Most often, a small cabinet-type wardrobe is acquired in a narrow corridor, which is placed along the longest wall. Small corner wardrobes of the L-shape are no less functional.Due to the fact that the cabinets are very small in width, then it is worth choosing the highest models.
As for the design, glass should be preferred. Mirrored doors will significantly increase the space visually, and the narrow corridor will not seem cluttered. You can "expand" the corridor using photo printing with a small pattern.
Sliding wardrobes in a narrow corridor:
- Wooden cabinet wardrobe in a narrow corridor (Fig. 7). The base of the structure is made of wood; a wide mirror in the center and horizontal dark narrow panels along the entire perimeter of the wardrobe were chosen as a decor. The design of the narrow corridor is complemented by mirrored ceiling lighting, three paintings on the opposite side and open shelves. All together create an organic and stylish ensemble that does not clutter up tight spaces.
- Built-in wardrobe in a narrow hallway (Fig. 8). Mirrored doors with light wood inserts and spotlights under the ceiling were chosen as a stylish decor.
It is quite difficult to equip a hallway in Khrushchev, since it is especially small in size. The length of the corridor usually does not exceed three meters, and the width is approximately one and a half meters. Usually cramped space is ennobled to a minimum: hangers, shoe cabinets and a rug. But what if you want a wardrobe?
A few photo ideas on how to put a wardrobe in the Khrushchev hallway:
- A built-in wardrobe with a mirrored door (Fig. 9) takes up a minimum of space and at the same time has sufficient functionality, since it has a mezzanine for storing hats and two levels of hangers. Perfect for a standard family of 3.
- The corner cabinet in the non-standard Khrushchev corridor (Fig. 10) looks very stylish and almost invisible due to the plastic white panels. A fairly roomy and neat model with open and closed shelves, a mezzanine and hooks for clothes. The design is complemented by a freestanding shoe rack and a mirror in the same color scheme as the wardrobe.
The choice of furniture for any person has always been difficult. Before, people came and bought what they have. Now the choice is so huge and it only hinders the purchase. Worst of all, if you are limited to a certain space. Both non-standard design options and custom-made wardrobes come to the rescue. Choose a convenient way, and feel free to start decorating a small hallway.