Many people like to take a steam bath and relax in a modern bathhouse or sauna. This body cleansing procedure is a very important tradition for many nations.
Today, many people buy stoves for baths or saunas from the Finnish company Harvia, which very quickly heat the air in the steam room. Harvia stoves are characterized by a stylish design, a high level of comfort and are responsible for uniform and prompt heating of the room.
Features of the
Usually, thick-walled and heat-resistant steel is used for the manufacture of furnaces. The body of the product can be made of stainless steel or coated with a special fire-resistant paint. Models that operate on wood are equipped with a cast iron grate. Its presence is responsible for creating maximum heat output when burning firewood.
The Finnish brand Harvia offers two different sauna stoves. Electric ovens are convenient, since the mode can be adjusted using the control panel. Many models have automatic on and off. To quickly warm up the equipment, it is necessary to load steatite, crushed diabase or large jadeite into the stove. With a rarefied installation, streams of hot air circulate freely throughout the room.
Dry heat comes from hot stones. To humidify the air in the room, it is necessary to use water that flows through metal pipes onto a heated embankment.… When the steam rises, it is both heated and dried at the same time. The most comfortable parameters for the steam room are humidity 50% and air temperature + 50ºС.
Wood stoves Finnish production is represented by a wide selection. They differ both in appearance and in design features.
But all Harvia wood-burning stoves have the following elements:
- The combustion chamber is made of strong, heat-resistant steel, its thickness is about 10 mm. This element accelerates the heating of the room, as it heats the stones.
- The heater is usually open-type and can hold up to 80 kg of stones.
Thanks to the creation of a large amount of steam, the room heats up in less than one hour.
- The remote firebox provides the ability to locate equipment in a separate niche. Thanks to its presence, it is possible to heat the steam room from the dressing room or an adjacent room. The firebox door is made exclusively of special glass that is resistant to high temperatures. This feature will allow you to enjoy the beauty of the flame.
- The smoke elimination system is responsible for creating heat exchange in the room.
- Combustion channels are one of the main features of the Finnish Harvia wood-fired stoves.
Since the design includes separate channels, the heating of the bath or sauna occurs very quickly.
Outstanding representatives of Finnish stoves are the Harvia M2 model, the Classic and Legend lines. For the convenience and comfort of using the structure, some models are equipped with additional structural elements.
For example, many people like the model with a steam generator, since it independently carries out the concentration of dry steam in the steam room. Harvia M3 attracts attention with a transparent door, so you can admire the beauty of the fire flame.
Wood-fired stoves function thanks to the presence of a conventional heater.
When heating the steam room, the following actions are carried out:
- firewood must be laid in the combustion chamber located at the bottom of the structure;
- when burning firewood, heat is released, which gets to the base with stones thanks to the use of a smoke elimination system;
- since the chimney is located near the heater, the stones receive additional heating;
- some modifications have a hinged type tank, which is responsible for heating the water. The tank can be located on a chimney or stove.
Harvia electric sauna ovens are in high demand due to their excellent quality, ergonomic design and increased safety. This option includes a housing, an electric heater in the form of a heating element and an insulating layer. Some models are equipped with a remote control, while the temperature sensor itself is located in the steam room. The user independently sets the required air temperature. Undeniable the advantage of electric furnaces is the automatic shutdown function… After a certain period, the equipment will turn itself off.
For a Russian bath, the Cilindro PC 90E model will be the ideal choice, because it is perfect for small steam rooms, because it is capable of heating a room of 14 cubic meters. For large rooms, it is better to choose the Vega BC135 ovensince its power is more than 13 kW.
Advantages and disadvantages
Harvia sauna and sauna stoves have the following advantages:
- excellent quality;
- attractive product design;
- the manufacturer's warranty is one year;
- most models are spacious, since they can hold up to 200 kg of stones. This feature contributes to the increase in steam;
- a large selection of models allows you to choose the best option for both personal use and industrial use;
- the stove is equipped with an air flow distributor, which has a rather high power, so the rooms are heated very quickly;
- chimneys are made of super-strong steel, which is not afraid of high temperature conditions.
Like most devices, Harvia stoves also have some drawbacks. It is worth considering separately the disadvantages of both wood and electric models.
Wood-burning stoves are characterized by several disadvantages:
- Metal furnaces are characterized by hard radiation. If we consider the models in the form of a grid, then the radiation is less. A protective shield should be used to prevent the possibility of burns. If this is not possible, then it is necessary to choose the optimal combustion mode, and also not to put too much firewood.
- The installation of the chimney is rather difficult, since most models have a non-standard outlet for it, which is 11 cm.
To create a chimney, only a pipe from Harvia is suitable or it will have to be ordered according to the required dimensions.
If we talk about the shortcomings of electrical models, then it is worth highlighting the following:
- all electrical devices are distinguished by the creation of an electromagnetic background;
- the device operates on electricity, creating a high consumption.
The Finnish company Harvia offers a wide range of stylish and quality models. The brand has developed two lines of wood-burning stoves - Legend and Standart… The wood-fired stove from the Legend collection is presented in several modifications. All variants are made of durable, reliable and heat-resistant steel, which is additionally coated with heat-resistant paint. All models are united by the function "remote firebox", which allows you to heat the stove, being in the next room. But each option is designed for a specific area of the steam room.
For saunas with a footage of 6-13 m³, the following models are suitable:
Legend 150 and Legend 150 SL… A distinctive feature of the design is the presence of an updated grate. For efficient burning of wood, a small part of the air enters the upper part of the firebox.The Legend 150 SL model is characterized by the presence of an elongated remote firebox, so firewood can be stored in the next room
M2, M3 and M3 SL… The power of this equipment is 13 kW. The loading of stones does not exceed 30 kg. Since all models are not equipped with a water tank, you can do this yourself. To protect yourself as much as possible from the possibility of getting burned, you should use an additional protective guard. The M3 SL model is characterized by the presence of a remote firebox
16 Steel and 16 SL Steel… The body of the devices is made of stainless steel. These models warm up the air pretty quickly in small steam rooms. They are designed for a maximum load of 36 kg of stones. The SL modification allows heating from an adjacent room
The glass door gives the stoves sophistication, because you can admire the beauty of the flame.
For medium-sized saunas, several options are suitable:
Legend 240, Legend 240 Duo and Legend 240 SL. The equipment body is made of strong and reliable steel. It is located on adjustable feet. A door with cast iron glass is an addition. The lattice design contributes to the increase of efficiently furnaces. They attract attention with their spaciousness, since they can fit a maximum of 200 kg of stone. A special feature of the Duo and SL models is the presence of a portable firebox
20 ES Pro and 20 LS Pro… The body of the models is made of heat-resistant steel and covered with heat-resistant paint. A feature of the models is the presence of two legs, as well as a rather compact size. The stoves are equipped with a 20 liter water tank
Convenience and practicality are the indisputable advantages of these models.
20 Boiler and 20 SL Boiler… These models are available in 18 and 20 kW. They attract attention with their stylish appearance and are equipped with a boiler. The glass door allows you to admire the flame while the oven is operating. Convenience in operation and ease of installation are important advantages of the ovens. They are characterized by their spaciousness, since they are able to fit a huge amount of stones
20 Duo… This model has a hinged type water tank, which is made of stainless, durable steel. It is equipped with a remote-type firebox and a large fireproof glass door. It can hold up to 50 kg of stones. Stylishness and functionality are harmoniously combined in the presented model
It is able to warm up a small steam room in 1 hour to + 100 ° C.
Harvia electric stoves are represented by a huge selection of collections… They are designed for compact steam rooms for 1–2 and 3-4 people.
Among the most popular collections are several:
- Delta D36… This electric furnace attracts attention with its triangular shape. It has a capacity of 3.6 kW and is designed for a steam room of 2–4.5 m³. It can hold up to 11 kg of stones. The model is presented as a wall type, which allows it to be mounted on a wall. When installed in a corner, the stove saves space.
- Alfa A30 Steel… This option is also suitable for compact steam rooms. It is characterized by sufficient power and ease of installation. The stove is made of stainless steel. A remote control is designed to control the device, which provides ease of use.
- Globe GL110… The stove attracts attention with its original shape, since it is presented in the shape of a ball. It is placed on a tripod, therefore it is characterized by a reliable installation. It has a power of 10.5 kW and is suitable for rooms of 10 m².
- Cilindro PC110HEE… This is just one of the models in the large Cilindro collection. It is ideal for heating saunas with large glass areas. The stove is located on adjustable legs and can hold up to 120 kg of stones. It is narrow but tall.
A beautiful appearance will decorate the interior of the steam room.
- Figaro FG70… This option is made from traditional materials: steel and stone. The stove is high and open, which allows the room to be quickly filled with steam.It can hold up to 90 kg of stones and is located on the floor. The control panel is located at the bottom on the front side. Its power is 6.8 kW.
- Moderna V45Е-1… This model is wall-mounted, has an elegant design and is equipped with an electronic control unit. It is designed for medium sized steam rooms that can comfortably accommodate 2 to 6 people. Its power is 4.5 kW with a fairly compact size. The manufacturer offers this model in three colors: platinum, black, titanium.
Harvia sauna stoves are in demand due to their excellent quality, wide range and stylish design. Many buyers of the brand's products note the opportunity to choose a model for every taste and color.
The manufacturer uses only high quality steel in the manufacture of heaters, equips them with various functions. A wide range of modifications allows each customer to find the best option depending on the size and interior of the steam room, as well as personal preferences.
In addition to positive reviews, there are also non-forest comments. They mainly relate to the installation of the stove, as well as accessories… If you need to replace any element, then you need to look for it in the company's assortment, since elements from other companies will not fit Harvia heaters.
Be very careful with the equipment as metal rods can cause severe burns. Many people recommend additionally using a protective screen.
You will learn how to make a stove for a bath with your own hands from the following video.