The kitchen is a gathering place for the whole family. Therefore, its design should be conducive to a cozy conversation and create a mood. DIY kitchen chandelier is an original lighting fixture. Moreover, if you intend to make it according to the proposed schemes, you will still get a unique thing that none of your acquaintances has. After all, you are guided only by the technological side of the process, and the selection of colors and decor is already a manifestation of personal preferences and ideas.
It is not difficult to create a real masterpiece from scrap materials that will delight you with its unusual appearance for a long time.
Threads allow you to simply create a light shade that looks very stylish. It will perfectly fit into the interior of any kitchen, you just have to choose the right thread color. Thick cotton threads are ideal in this regard, but woolen threads are not suitable.
- In order to make a chandelier for the kitchen from threads, inflate a balloon. Its size determines the dimensions of the future lampshade. Draw a small circle at the base of the ball using a marker.
- PVA glue should be poured into a small cup and gradually, processing the thread with it, wind it in a chaotic manner around the ball. The threads should not touch the drawn circle. It is not worth processing a large section of thread right away. Please be patient, as the work will be monotonous and long, but the result will be amazing. You can simplify the work if you pierce a bottle of glue (closer to the base) and stretch a thread through it.
- After the entire ball is covered with a layer of thread soaked in glue, we leave it to dry for a day. If the resulting frame is rigid, the product is ready and the ball can be deflated. We specially drew a circle, on which there was no need to wind threads in order to pull out the deflated ball through the hole formed. This stage of the process requires carefulness.
- It remains to cut a hole for the cartridge and hang the lampshade in the kitchen. Additionally, such a chandelier can be decorated with paper or fabric butterflies, flowers.
Made of wood
A wooden chandelier will suit an oriental, country style kitchen. It is not suitable for a small room.
- The simplest option is the bars knocked down into the shape of a cross, into which the "fish eyes" are inserted.
- A wooden wheel from an old grandmother's spinning wheel can also be used to create a beautiful chandelier. It will become the basis on which matte shades are fixed.
- An interesting design solution will be a chandelier made of small twigs. To create it, you need a beach ball. It is pumped up and wrapped in cling film. Further, small tree branches in the shape of the letter "U" are glued to this frame, the length of which is no more than 12 cm, and the thickness is 0.5 cm. The branches are used dry.
In order for the frame not to fall apart and to be reliable, the branches are glued at 3-4 points. As a result of the work, a spherical structure of branches is obtained. If desired, the branches can be painted.
- Another option is to use branches of different lengths, which hang in a cascade from a round frame. In shape, such a lampshade resembles a medieval chandelier and looks unusual.
- To create a spectacular chandelier in several floors, wooden clothespins are suitable.
From glass jars
The advantage of a chandelier made of glass jars is that glass is a heat-resistant material and it is safe to use ordinary incandescent lamps with this material. For work, you will need special jars, that is, those whose caps are unscrewed.
- On the lid of the can in the center we outline the contours for the cartridge. To get the correct circle diameter, remove the screw cap from the chuck and trace around it with a marker. Further along the contour, a hole is cut. This can be done with a drill by drilling the holes as close to each other as possible and extruding the resulting circle.
- A socket with a light bulb is inserted into the resulting hole. You just have to screw the jar onto the lid.
You can collect several such cans in one bundle, hang them at different lengths, paint them in different colors. Jars of different sizes will look very interesting.
A very beautiful lampshade can be made of fabric, which will refresh the kitchen and add zest.
- An old lampshade is suitable for this. If it is iron, then it should be cleaned with sandpaper and covered with a layer of primer.
- In a bowl, we dilute the glue for non-woven wallpaper and place the fabric there, which will serve as the basis. It is better to make the surface textured by gathering the fabric and forming chaotic folds from it.
- After drying, paint the lampshade with paint of the desired color. This can be easily done with a dish sponge. Leave the paint to dry again.
- Now the chandelier can be decorated as you like. For this, artificial leaves, flowers, beads, twigs, ribbons are suitable.
Another option for creating a fabric lampshade for the kitchen is the use of ready-made hoop frames. It is quite simple to cover such a structure with fabric. Artificial flowers, lace, braid are also used for decoration.
Use roses and white fabric to create a delicate composition. And for a rustic kitchen, multi-colored stripes of fabric are suitable.
An unusual, but very beautiful lampshade can be created using ordinary beads. To do this, you need a frame from an old lamp. Beads of different sizes and colors, bugles - all this is strung on a fishing line, forming an interesting bright canvas between two hoops of the frame.
To make a delicate and light lampshade, you will need two types of beads: pearl and transparent. They should be fastened to a silver wire so as to simulate branches. Attach the resulting decor elements to the rings that form the frame of the chandelier.
A chandelier made of large-sized wooden beads painted with acrylic paint will fit well into a mixed kitchen interior.
From plastic bottles
Many of us have accumulated a bunch of plastic soda bottles that can be used to make a beautiful lampshade.
- Initially, we cut out leaves of different sizes.
- We process their edges with a soldering iron. You can even "draw" veins for them. This will make the sheet look more natural.
- We make a small hole in each leaf at the base.
- We form branches. To do this, you need a copper wire about 20 cm long.
- At the base of the branch we place the leaves larger, towards the end - smaller.
- The resulting branches are attached to the frame.
- The light from the bulb will cut through the plastic foliage and create an amazing effect.
From kitchen utensils
Ordinary objects, without which the kitchen space cannot be imagined, can also help in creating unusual lighting fixtures
Tea cups. An old service that has gone out of fashion can turn an ordinary chandelier frame into a masterpiece. The teapot is located in the center of the chandelier itself, and the cups and saucers are at the edges. Depending on the design of the frame, the cups can be placed with the bottom up or down
Small lamps from cups suspended at different heights will look very stylish.
Spoons and forks. To create an unusual shade, you will need plastic spoons. Their handle is cut off. The received parts are staggered over a plastic bottle with a capacity of 5 liters. This chandelier looks like a big bump. If desired, it can be painted
If you do not cut off the handles from the spoons, but direct them to the outside of the lampshade, then such a chandelier will look like a needle aster.
The easiest way to create an unusual chandelier is to paste over an old lampshade with them. White and silver spoons will look very impressive.
Another option for creating a chandelier from plastic forks and spoons is to form a ball out of them. Looks futuristic.
If you place iron spoons on a round frame, you get a spectacular chandelier in several tiers in the spirit of the Middle Ages. You can add a row of tea cups by hanging them from the handles.
The chandelier looks in the same style with forks, which alternate with chains, large glass pendants and beads.
When making a chandelier with your own hands, you not only create a unique thing, but also put a piece of your soul into it. The joy of creativity is an incomparable feeling. Such a piece of furniture will radiate warmth in every sense of the word.