An interior door is such a piece of furniture that is the first to catch the eye when entering a room, therefore, its choice must be treated with utmost attention. Its combination with laminate flooring, walls and other interior elements should be thoughtful and balanced.
As a rule, interior doors are installed at the final stage of renovation or before the start of operation after laying the floor covering. Experts consider this decision to be correct. This makes it easier to choose the right door.
Features of the
Interior doors have an impact on the look of the interior of the room as a whole. For a successful combination of floor and doors, the rules for matching tones are applied: warm doors - a warm tone, and cold ones - a cold one, and the law of trinity, which will be discussed below. The door leaf should be lighter than the laminate or darker by several tones. It is not worth taking the risk when choosing the same solution for the color of doors and laminate - you can get a dull interior, however, it can be used profitably if the walls are of a dark expressive color.
With a competent design, an overall picture of the room is formed from the details of the interior, where each of its elements is complemented by another. The place of the door as an object in the design of the room is one of the key ones. Fitting into his interior style, it should look impeccable, look good against the background of laminate, furniture and materials used for wall decoration.
Also important are such interior items as platbands, plinths, door sills; as well as fittings.
What colors of laminate and doors look best in combination so that the latter does not blend in with the environment or irritate the visual perception with excessive contrast? These and other selection features are suggested below.
How to choose beautiful combinations: rules
Consider the most popular color options for interior doors:
White. The interior solution for white interior doors should be modern and concise. The snow-white door is in perfect harmony with a variety of colors of wooden floors, linoleum and laminate. You just need to take into account that each color can have shades of warm and cold tones
White linen will not look very good indoors if the laminate is chosen in a very dark range, for example, dark oak. It is better to choose more calm, softer shades of the coating.
Beige. This color familiar to doors can be well combined with similar light, neutral tones of the flooring: milky beige, golden walnut, white ash. But the use of a coated reddish tone is contraindicated due to their extremely unfortunate combination. Door models with tones similar to beige are universal: they can be installed both in the bathroom and in the hallway
Grey. It is a cold color and has several shades: dirty gray, milky, smoky. Great for rooms facing south and east. Suitable for laminate with shades of beige: beige-milky, milky-smoky, cream. However, it is used extremely carefully, it is used in the interior, made in a classic style, and in modern high-tech, pop art trends
Brown. This popular color is dominated by the number of shades: from light brown to dark chocolate. The same laminate is suitable for him, but excellent in tone, in accordance with his taste
Platbands are chosen in the same tone as the floor.In such an interior, furniture of similar shades looks very good, but lighter by 1-2 tones. Doors and laminate in brown shades are great for vintage Provence and country styles.
Nut. Doors in walnut color perfectly complement the interior style for living quarters and offices. Dark walnut is in perfect harmony with the laminate of the same color, but only in a lighter tone, as well as light oak or beech, giving the impression of a delicate and at the same time contrasting composition. Fits perfectly into any interior style, especially country and modern
In living quarters, walnut doors with frosted glass inserts made in the form of geometric shapes and with golden fittings look good. They give the interior a complete sophisticated look.
All over the world, designers, decorating the interior of the room, observe the principle of trinity, which allows the presence of the number of primary colors of the spectrum in the interior of the room no more than three. The main role is played by one color, chosen according to taste, purpose or expediency. The base color can be chosen, for example, for flooring. Then the second should harmoniously fit into the interior on a par with the first - these are interior doors.
There is one more color left - it can be used for walls. Well, decorative interior items installed in the room according to their own taste (vases, lamps, carpets, deer antlers) should fit into the decorated interior.
Not only natural wood products, but also paintable doors are effectively combined with laminate.
Once only economy-class doors were painted, but times have changed, and nowadays even premium-class models are subject to staining. They can be made of ash, oak or other valuable wood species. Their hard surface is practically non-porous and the paint works well without any preparation.
It is better to paint with covering (covering) paints with antiseptic properties. The choice of shades of any color of such doors will not require much effort in the presence of a huge range of artificial and natural dyes for their preparation.
Doors wenge colors due to their growing popularity, it is necessary to emphasize especially, because the demand for them is rapidly gaining momentum. The color of wenge got its name from the tree growing in equatorial Africa, whose representatives in the wild number about forty varieties. The structure of wenge color is extremely diverse. In general, it can be described as brown with black veins. Such canvases look inharmonious next to wenge laminate and do not like sharp contrast
For a classic interior, it is better not to choose the color of wenge. Most of all, it is suitable for high-tech style. Dark wenge in the interior can be present only in one quality - canvas or floor. However, dust may appear on dark glossy laminate flooring, which will impair its appearance. The best combination: the door is wenge, and the laminate is oak or dark oak.
The general style of interior decoration of the apartment is dominant in relation to rooms made in a different style. If a different laminate is used in different rooms, then it is necessary to find a shade of door leaves that can be universally combined with it. Here you can focus on neutral shades of light wood, ivory and other tones, or golden - alder, honey birch. You can get by with a special threshold in the doors that unites their colors like a buffer.
You can find the right color scheme for the door and laminate by using a harmonious combination of shades of each of their colors with a wall painted with paint or with the color of wallpaper. It is impossible to allow the fusion of canvases and walls into one whole, therefore, you need to highlight the contrast of the walls, choosing the desired shade for them.
If expensive natural furniture is chosen for the room, then the main emphasis can be placed on it.The remaining colors from the selected range can be distributed between doors and laminate or walls by combining them.
How and how should the unsuccessfully chosen color of the door be compensated for? Correctly selected furniture can compensate for it. It should be 4-5 tones lighter than the canvas. If the room is dominated by dark furniture, then the resulting gloom of the interior will help to eliminate doors with inserted glass. And if you choose light furniture for the room (preferably one color), then the doors will need a similar light decor.
Do not forget about the use of decorative elements in the interior (pillows, paintings, souvenirs, flower arrangements).
They will help to dilute an overly heavy, dark environment, muffle the saturation of colors and give originality to a restrained interior.
When different styles of door and laminate design are used in an apartment, you can choose door leaves processed with different veneers. And its sides will correspond to the interior of two rooms at once. Their cost will be high, but such a solution will solve several design problems at once.
We offer several recommendations of professional interior designers:
- The ability to create the visual illusion of an increase in space by choosing a laminate and doors of the same tone. Using contrasting colors will have the opposite effect. Larger rooms are more attractive for these solutions.
- Choosing interior doors decorated in warm colors, you should choose a laminate in the same way. The advantage of warm shades is their ability to hide some of the shortcomings of interior design solutions. These shades include: apricot, amber, natural wood color. And if the door leaf has shades of blue, light cream, turquoise, then the laminate should be similar in tone and have similar cold shades in perception.
- Expensive laminate in neutral colors is a versatile solution for interior decoration. It will last up to 15 years, and cosmetic repairs can be performed repeatedly during this time. Therefore, it is best to avoid exotic shades that will severely limit the ability to change the interior during this period of time.
- We must not forget about the skirting board, which unites the floor and doors. It can be chosen both for the color of the door and for the color of the floor, but, as a rule, it is 5-6 shades darker than the last one. Correctly chosen plinth will allow you to connect the canvas and the floor into one whole, even if the differences between them are great. A skirting board chosen to match the color of the door looks good, but it should give the floor a sense of contrast. White skirting boards harmoniously combine with a light floor and white trims.
- Platbands installed on a door frame with a door leaf can be purchased separately. They should match the color of the flooring as much as possible. They are also chosen to match the color of the sill and baseboard, and in more rare cases, for furniture.
- Very often there are several doors in the premises, for example, in the hallway. Being its front part, they are clearly visible to those who entered the apartment. They can be painted the same color as the wall. Then they will mix in the room between the walls and will not stand out. This will help ensure that they are combined correctly. This is especially true for large rooms.
- When choosing doors, they pay attention not only to the color scheme, but also to the design style. A door made in a classic style cannot be installed in a room where the laminate is decorated in the Art Nouveau style. The choice of the desired style can be left to a specialist.
- For lovers of extravagant modern styles such as high-tech, techno, you can buy doors and laminate, made in contrasting colors, for example, white and black. But the color of the wall should not merge with any of them.Laminate print can be in the form of undelineated or sharply outlined contrasting abstract figures, for example, the appearance of checkerboard cells. The latest design trends include the Gothic style, which is characterized by a black stained wood laminate with an expressive textured pattern.
In this digital age, we are increasingly deviating from generally accepted standards. There is a lot of information on the Internet, you just need to use it correctly or seek advice from professional specialists. When making the final choice of a door for a laminate, you need to think carefully about everything so that after a short time, when carrying out the next cosmetic repair, you can not regret what has been done.
For information on how to install a door under a laminate, see the next video.