Sooner or later, a person has to decorate his house. A well-chosen interior, design and perfect furniture are the key to not only an excellent mood of all households and coziness around, but also comfort. Armchairs (like any other piece of furniture) are very often an important component of a particular room, so it is often simply impossible to do without them. It is worthwhile to understand in more detail the various styles of chairs and their types, study the design options in the interior, read the advice of experts.
The armchair is a very important part of living rooms, halls and bedrooms, as well as other rooms in private houses and apartments. Today, you will not experience any difficulties when choosing this furniture, since in the modern world, a variety of furniture stores offer a lot of options - from budget chairs to luxury and designer ones. The main difference is in the price, although a variety of options for this furniture can be purchased on very favorable terms.
An armchair (either one or several) always gives the room a cosiness. After all, sofas, for example, are designed to accommodate guests, but the owner can comfortably sit in his favorite chair. Of course, all this is conditional. However, a soft and comfortable chair will be a great solution if you want to equip a comfortable and cozy reading corner, where it will always be as comfortable as possible.
It is very important to choose the right chair style for the room. It's pretty simple here, the main thing is that the furniture fits as much as possible into a particular interior, did not stand out very much and was not inappropriately contrasting or too faded (when compared to other items in the room). Everything should be in harmony.
Ideal if your room is designed by an interior designer. However, having studied a little information about furniture, you yourself can easily cope with the design.
Whatever style of chair you choose, be guided by the fact that it should not only stand for beauty, but also be useful:
- If back health is very important to you, then pay attention to armchairs with a soft seat, but a hardish back.
- Tall people are encouraged to choose deep seat options, and the elderly should be given preference soft and elastic productseasy to get up from. These types of furniture are produced in a variety of colors and styles; natural materials are used in their manufacture, their combination.
There are quite a few styles, thanks to which you can easily complement any room with them, decorate the interior. So, on the furniture market, you can be offered various chairs in the following styles:
- Country. The main principle of this style is the use of natural materials. Most often, furniture in this style is chosen for the arrangement of houses in the countryside or for summer cottages. Since country-style chairs are often made of wood, they have a vintage look or a worn effect. Upholstered armchairs can be a great addition to your home if placed near a fireplace or bookcase. They will fit well into any living room or bedroom.
- Armchairs in a popular and fashionable modern style are always in demand. They are very versatile and can be a great solution, for example, for a minimalist interior. Modern furniture is ideal for all modern interiors, because in them it can become the very highlight that was so lacking.It is worth paying attention to leather and wicker chairs in this style, as well as unusual options for offices.
- Baroque armchairs always look expensive and elegant. Most often, such furniture is expensive because it is made from natural materials. It contains carvings and handmade parts. The upholstery of such chairs can be made of velvet or satin, as well as other fabrics. Small pillows with hand embroidery will be an elegant addition to such chairs.
- No less interesting and elegant are armchairs in Victorian or English style… They combine the beauty of design, graceful forms and a touch of severity.
- Retro armchairs do not always look like old things, but everything new is well forgotten old. Such furniture is most often distinguished by its unusual shapes and its durability.
- If you need to go to the living room high-tech armchair, then do not forget that this style "loves" a minimum of objects and maximum clarity of lines and details. An armchair in this style is distinguished by its conciseness and unobtrusiveness, it should maximally fit into the interior and be its irreplaceable part. Most often, metallic details are present in furniture of this style.
- Don't forget to pay attention to American style armchairs, which are distinguished by a special chic, as well as high cost. The materials for their creation may not be the most expensive, but such furniture can be quite large.
- No less interesting and Scandinavian style furniture, which is most often based on white or various cold shades of color. When choosing chairs to complement this style in the interior, be sure to take into account that such furniture should not "constrain" the space too much. It must remain free. Be sure to take a closer look at wooden or transparent chairs, which will be a great solution for a Scandinavian living room.
- Empire style… Chairs for this style are expensive and luxurious. Most often they are made from expensive materials (for example, leather, mahogany), as well as using expensive fabrics. Very often, such furniture is supplemented with gilding details - and even silver.
Empire style living room chairs can be massive and a little bulky, with luxurious shapes and curves. Of course, they can take up a lot of space, so the area of the room must be appropriate. However, even one armchair will perfectly complement a cozy reading corner.
- Patchwork options in patchwork style will be an excellent solution for a summer residence or a summer terrace - depending on how they are decorated and from what. Such furniture will be very comfortable, while it is good "friends" with the Scandinavian style and country in the interior, so it may well become their highlight.
- Chairs in oriental style most often they are very bright and have unusual fabric prints that are always pleasing to the eye. If your room is already replete with various finishes and accessories, then it is better to take a closer look at monochromatic furniture options, no frills.
- Japanese-style furniture includes the main parameters of convenience, but at the same time it is quite simple, unnecessary attention is not concentrated on it. Chairs in this style can be made from a wide variety of materials, mainly wood and fabric.
- If you are in search of that very missing piece of your exquisite interior, then armchair shabby chic just by the way. This style presupposes elegance and refinement of details. Be sure to pay attention to such furniture, it should be especially cozy.
For information on how to choose a chair for the living room, see the next video.