Until recently, the wall was present in almost every apartment and was used to store "grandmother's" sets, books and other things, as well as a TV, VCR and other equipment were placed there. Modern walls differ from the options of past years in lightweight structures and stylish design. The improved models are more functional and can become an accent in the interior.
Features of the
A variety of models allows you to choose the option that will harmoniously fit into the design of the room. If earlier the walls had a standard appearance and could differ only in the size and number of pull-out or swing cabinets, now the walls have different components, they can be equipped with hinged structures made of different materials and color combinations.
Furniture walls in a modern interpretation are perfect for different styles: modern, provence, classic and others. However, it is necessary to select models not only for the design of the room, but also in accordance with your needs. In a family where there are many books, you can choose a product with shelves and glass or a special bookcase, and for lovers of beautiful sets, attributes are made with a mirrored sideboard.
Modern models most often include the following elements:
- cabinet with a blind or glass door;
- bar compartment with opening mechanism;
- bookcase with shelves;
- TV stand;
- wall cabinets, which can include drawers and shelves of different sizes;
- shelves of various configurations and sizes.
Among the variety of modern walls, there is a huge selection of massive models or lightweight options that will add elegance, sophistication and airiness to the room.
Personal preferences play an important, but not the main role in choosing a wall. The product must match the interior in terms of parameters, external design, color scheme and the presence of additional elements. There are two types of furniture sets:
- Case (one-piece) … This option is selected with accuracy according to the size of the room. It consists of several structures that are located close to each other. The number of sections is determined in accordance with the purpose, so the attribute can combine a compartment with a wardrobe, shelves for any accessories, etc. Each furniture accessory is paid separately, so you can assemble an individual model from different designs.
- Modular … Such models are stylish and modern, therefore they are popular among buyers. One of the advantages of this attribute is the ability to purchase only the necessary furniture elements. Modules can be interchanged and create a unique furniture ensemble for the interior. And if any part of the wall is damaged or broken, the component can be easily replaced without having to disassemble the entire headset.
- Built-in … Products are made according to the buyer's personal measurements. In addition to sizes, materials and colors are selected. This option is the most spacious due to the lack of internal walls.
If there are empty corners in the room, they can be filled with corner models. - they fill the space, leaving the central part of the room for other furniture. Some furniture sets are equipped with a workplace, which is very convenient for business people or schoolchildren - all educational items will be at hand.
When choosing a product for a specific room, you should take into account its area and the size of the place where the intended model will be located.
This is necessary in order to select the attribute of the correct height, depth and length, because it must be in harmony with the interior, not only in its appearance, but also in size.
For small rooms, mini-slides are suitable: such products are narrow and include only a few sections, are compact, so they will perfectly fit even into a small living room. In a spacious room, you can pick up more spacious models equipped with cabinets, shelves, a sideboard, a bar and other components.
Modern walls are produced from different materials, because they must match the design of the room. Products made from natural wood look stylish, but they are not cheap, so manufacturers replace some parts or completely the entire attribute with canvases made of chipboard, MDF, etc. Such furniture is created from the following materials:
- MDF. Such a sheet is made from wood dust using a vacuum, resulting in a compressed board. Due to the absence of harmful components, the attributes from this raw material are safe for people with allergies and children. The only drawback of the material is its whimsical care, therefore a constant microclimate is required in the room.
- Chipboard … The board is created from wood chips, bonded with formaldehyde resins. Such attributes have a low price, therefore they are popular among buyers. Despite the high quality of chipboard, it is worth paying attention to the manufacturer, because not every country will monitor the safety of its goods.
- Fiberboard. Such a material gives rigidity to products, so the walls from it do not deform even after years. The web is formed by hot pressing, after which it is covered with a film using laminating or laminating.
- Wood … Furniture in this case is made from solid oak, walnut, cherry and other trees. The high cost of products is due to the raw materials themselves and their processing.
The walls can be created not only from wood or its base. There are models in plastic, glass, metal, or combined options.
Fashion trends and new items
The fashion for furniture often changes, but the classic style with symmetrical elements and different shades of wood is still popular. In other styles, light colors prevail, but bright accents can be used.
Preference is given to functional and laconic models, which is inherent in modern walls.
Modular attributes are fashionable today.: shelves / drawers can be added to such models or removed, depending on the needs of the owners. This approach saves not only space, but also finances. Modular slides can include a chest of drawers for storing clothes, a niche for installing a TV, corner shelves for various accessories, etc. The youth version can also consist of a mini-bar.
When choosing a furniture set, attention should be paid to its location, since in addition to floor components, there are hinged ones. Thanks to a well-chosen composition for the living room, the room can be visually divided into several zones.
In a room with high ceilings, more overall attributes or models that include hinged structures are better suited. They will be able to fill the empty space in the hall, and some parts of them can be transferred to the bedroom.
In addition to design features, attention is paid to the materials used to manufacture the product. The fashion trend is the combination of wood and glass or plastic with metal details.
Modern walls should be not only beautiful in appearance, but also functional, practical and durable. When choosing a certain furniture attribute, attention is paid to the quality of its materials and the country of origin, which often affects the final choice. Italy and Germany are those European countries where the emphasis is placed on product design and quality.
Italian and German furniture manufacturers are popular with buyers, and you can choose models with an acceptable price. These brands include the following: Sudbrock, Huelsta, Piure (Germany) and Cesar, Tomasella, Modenese Gastone (Italy).
Walls from Polish and Ukrainian manufacturers look interesting in the interior. Furniture factory BRW popular for its excellent combination of low cost and impeccable quality. It is a Ukrainian brand, but there are Polish counterparts that produce their own models that differ in design, functionality and price.
Stylish examples in the interior
The wall can harmoniously fit into the style interior of the room, but it can also become a bright accent due to its unusual design or color scheme. For each style direction, you need to choose the right models to make it look stylish and modern:
Classic. Modern attributes are distinguished by sophistication and charm, they must contain some antiquity, which designers deliberately create. Beautiful products made of expensive, preferably natural materials with high-quality finishes are suitable for this style. Often, classic models differ not only in luxury, but also in size, so they are unlikely to harmoniously fit into a small room. Here are some examples of classic walls:
Country. Old attributes are also selected in such a room, however, they have not so much luxurious as a simple look. Such models resemble the furniture inherited from the grandmother by inheritance, but with an interesting design:
Modern styles - hi-tech, loft, modern… The walls in the rooms created in these directions look stylish, unusual and modern. The basis of such a furniture set is made of chipboard or MDF, and the facade is made of glass, metal or plastic. It looks like this:
In a one-room apartment, a modern wall plays an important role, as it must contain a sufficient number of necessary things and other accessories. Therefore, attention should be paid not only to the appearance of the product, but also to its functionality.
In apartments with several rooms, you can choose modern models with hanging elements or small details, placing them in the living room and bedroom as an extension of the interior.
For information on how to assemble the wall yourself, see the next video.