Connoisseurs of food made from natural and fresh products try to prepare it independently and correctly. This is especially important for juices that are squeezed out in special devices. One of the popular mechanisms used for this purpose is the centrifugal juicer. This device allows you to get a significant amount of juice in a relatively short time, which led to such a popularity of this model.
Principle of operation
Juicers of this type are used when you need to process a large amount of fruit and squeeze out the right amount of liquid in a short time. This device consists of several components:
- Receiving bowl. The shape and size of the frame can be different, depending on the specific manufacturer.
- Rotary grinding and squeezing system. This includes a set of knives and a special filter feed.
- The engine that drives the working bodies.
The principle of operation of this mechanism can be described in several sequential operations:
- Product feeding into the inlet. In some cases, it is necessary to additionally prepare the fruit, since they simply may not fit into the canal.
- Spinning… This operation is carried out inside the housing, where products can be additionally chopped using knives or a kind of grater. At the same time, the container with such a "porridge" rotates at a high speed, which leads to the adhesion of the cake to the filter mesh and the release of juice. The liquid passes through the special openings of the sieve, and the pulp remains inside.
Please note that after processing a certain amount of products, the mesh is simply clogged with waste and needs to be cleaned. Modern models are equipped with special mechanisms that allow you to perform such actions without even turning off the juicer.
Pros and cons of spinning at high speed
Centrifugal juicers are quite easy to use, allowing anyone to use them in their kitchen. Several positive aspects of these mechanisms should be highlighted:
- Spin speed. With the help of such systems, juice can be obtained several times faster than with auger models.
- Low cost.
- The ability to use large chunks or even whole foods for processing.
But still, such systems are not universal and have very significant disadvantages:
- During the squeezing process, the juice is divided into several phases. This leads to the fact that there is a light foam on top, which leads to the rapid destruction of vitamin C. You need to drink such a product immediately after receiving, since after a while it loses many of its beneficial properties.
- Juice extraction is performed at a speed of 1000 thousand / min, which means that all enzymes, vitamins and mineral complexes are destroyed in the process.
- Heating up the engine also leads to a deterioration in the quality of the resulting product.
- High noise level. It is impossible to use such constructions in the morning or in the evening, when your relatives are sleeping or resting.
- Constant clogging of the filter mesh requires periodic cleaning. Sometimes for this you need to dismantle the element and remove everything manually, and washing such elements is very difficult.
How to choose
Machines of this type are distinguished by the processing of fruits under the influence of high speeds. This leads to the appearance of not only additional noise, but also the inability to process some products. When choosing a juicer, there are a few simple guidelines to keep in mind:
- To use the "food processor" in everyday life, preference should be given to devices with a power not exceeding 500 watts. Such systems are capable of processing a significant amount of fruit without generating a lot of noise.
- If it is necessary to extract juice from carrots, it is necessary to use devices that are capable of developing a separator speed up to 9000 thousand rpm. It is with the help of such technical characteristics that the liquid will be released from this product.
- To reduce the breakdown of vitamin C, experts recommend buying juicers equipped with stainless steel separators rather than aluminum. The sieve type also plays an important role. It is better to buy systems in which it is braided rather than stamped, since it is much easier to clean and the cells are not clogged so much.
Today on the market you can find many modifications of such mechanisms that differ in design and technical characteristics. The most popular are Russian-made juicers, which are convenient and practical. But you can find foreign analogues that are made according to modern requirements and only from high-quality materials. When choosing such devices, it is very important to take into account user reviews, which will allow you to determine the necessary price-quality ratio for a particular product.
Design features of cylindrical models
This type of device is a type of centrifugal system. The principle of operation of this device is similar to that previously described. The design differs in that the cake obtained during processing accumulates inside the container. At the same time, it gradually clogs up all the holes in the feed, which significantly reduces the spin ratio.
Cleaning of such a system can be carried out either manually, which leads to a complete stop of the device, or using special levers. The latter removal method only results in partial removal of the pulp and a slight increase in the spin level.
Cone devices as an alternative
Today, another model of centrifugal juicers is presented on the market, which is distinguished by the presence of a cone centrifuge. In shape, the element is made in the form of a cut cone that looks up.
At significant speeds, the juice is squeezed out, and all the pulp, under the influence of speed, begins to move up the centrifuge body. Thus, the container is cleaned from excess cake. It should be noted that each product has its own speed at which the waste will move as much as possible to the desired point. Therefore, almost all of these models are equipped with speed switches, which make it possible to adjust the speed to the desired fruit.
Centrifugal juicers are a simple mechanism that will come in handy in the kitchen of any housewife. A properly selected system will optimize juicing and make the procedure pleasant.