Being an irreplaceable part of the kitchen interior, the refrigerator can take up a lot of space. This is especially problematic if it is necessary to store a large amount of food and dishes, and the apartment or kitchen does not differ in large dimensions. It is in these situations that the embedded model becomes the best choice.
Advantages and disadvantages
Compared to standard refrigerated chambers, these models have a number of advantages. They are the ones that pay attention to in the first place:
- The ability to achieve a much larger volume due to the peculiar design;
- Large selection of dimensions and ratios of the dimensions of the cameras;
- Due to the fact that the side and rear walls of such models are deepened, much attention is paid to the door. Therefore, the design of such refrigerators is sometimes impressive. It will not be difficult to choose the option that fits perfectly into your interior;
- This technique practically does not make any noise, unlike standard refrigerators;
- Compactness – this is the main distinguishing feature of embedded technology. The freezer and the general chamber can be quite voluminous, but the refrigerator itself practically does not take up space in the kitchen. The only part with which you have to interact is the door "sewn" into the wall. This solution is best suited for owners of studio apartments or other small-sized housing.
Of course, it is also worth highlighting some disadvantages. They are a consequence of such compactness, do not cause great inconvenience, but they should be taken into account when choosing such models of equipment:
- Difficulties in installation and assembly … Any built-in appliances require a special approach to installation. Without experience, it is almost impossible to cope with this on your own. It is best to pay extra for the work of special craftsmen;
- The refrigerator may not be installed in every apartment. Many factors play a role, for example, the layout of the kitchen, the presence of a niche in the wall, or at least the possibility of its formation. Simpler in this regard, horizontal models that can be built into the countertop;
- There may be some inconvenience when renovating or changing the layout. The built-in refrigerator cannot be simply moved, since additional dismantling will have to be carried out. Therefore, it is worth choosing a model for quality and reliability;
How to choose the right one
It is easy to understand that the repair or replacement of built-in appliances is much more difficult. Therefore, when choosing such a refrigerator model, you should be as careful as possible, since in this case, savings due to quality are simply unacceptable. When choosing, you need to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Body and door material;
- The quality of the electronics inside the refrigerator;
- Overall volume;
- Dimensions and aspect ratios. It is especially important to consider if the refrigerator will be mounted inside the countertop;
- Full automatic defrosting capability;
- Also pay attention to the fastening of the doors, as this part of the refrigerator will play the most important role in the convenience of its operation;
A selection of popular models
Today, the range of household appliances is amazing. There are quite a few different models of refrigerators that differ from each other by manufacturer, value for money, functionality, general appearance and design. It is quite difficult to find something universal, so we have prepared for you a rating of built-in refrigerators, for which only modern and relevant models were selected.
Electrolux ENN93153AW - a convenient combined model of a vertical refrigerator, which has standard compartments, as well as a freezer located at the bottom. The total volume is 292 liters, of which 64 is a freezer, which is quite a lot for such a compact refrigerator.
It is worth noting the purely technical advantages. Cooling capacity is high in an absolutely noiseless environment. The system "No-frost" is provided, which prevents the formation of ice, and also provides full automatic drip defrosting of all compartments, which is very important for a built-in refrigerator.
Temperature control is electronically adjusted. There is an ergonomic digital display on the top of the door. We can say that this technique is an example of the classic reliable Italian technique, and it can be considered as the most optimal choice. Of the shortcomings, only a relatively high price can be noted.
Liebherr UIK 1424-23 - a small-sized "horizontal" version of the refrigerator, which looks somewhat deceiving, since its volume is quite large and amounts to 115 liters. At the same time, the parameters of the refrigerator allow it to be built into the countertop.
Such a refrigerator is relatively cheap, and its capacity is sufficient even for a large number of products. The main chamber is equipped with an automatic defrosting system, but the freezer compartment will have to be tidied up manually, which is a slight drawback of this model.
There is also a convenient ergonomic electronic control. The door closes softly and tightly, which, together with high-quality body material, ensures the safety of products for 23 hours after a power outage. An excellent choice for small apartments.
Hansa BK3167.3 - another vertical model in the mid-price category, which can be considered as the best budget choice for a studio apartment. It differs in quite impressive volumes: 170 liters - a common chamber, and 90 liters - a freezer compartment. In the reviews, the power of the freezer is especially positive.
Thanks to the inverter compressor, which has good power, there is practically no noise from the operation of the equipment. When the power is turned off, the temperature will be held for 11-12 hours. Defrosting is automatic for the main compartment, and manual for the freezer.
Temperature control is mechanical, which is quite simple and reliable in the case of built-in refrigerators. Internal shelves are made of frosted glass and lighting is provided by standard LED lamps.
When choosing a refrigerator for a home with a small space for a kitchen, built-in models are considered first. Reviews of the above models are usually positive.
First of all, the almost complete noiselessness of the compressor is noted, as well as the effective cooling of products. Any company that produces built-in refrigerators focuses on electronic "filling" so that it does not require frequent replacement, therefore, interruptions in work and breakdowns are extremely rare.
Of course, the most important advantage of such refrigerators is practicality. A wide choice of style and design allows you to easily fit the technique into the surrounding interior, and its compactness frees up additional space.
When choosing such a refrigerator, you should pay special attention to assessing its volume, since it may be somewhat limited compared to standard models. Nevertheless, most of the modern options are easily suitable even for a large family.