A refrigerator for bottles of drinks is called a minibar. It functions as a large refrigerator, but is designed to fit inside bottles, cans and decanters rather than pots and containers.
Inside it has shelves, holders, a freezer for making ice.
Features of the
The difference between a bar refrigerator and a large one is not only in size, but also in the cooler. The small cooling unit does not run on frion, but on ammonia or isobutane. This reduces the noise level of the device. A person can sleep peacefully and not hear how the minibar works. The level of ammonia as a refrigerant is negligible, which does not affect human health in any way.
If you want to reduce energy consumption, you can choose a refrigerator that cools the contents by converting heat into electricity.
These are thermoelectric models.
A freezer of various configurations can be built into the minibar, from a simple one (only making ice cubes) to a multifunctional one with different temperature control (making ice, ice crumbs and ice water).
Small refrigerators can be built-in, conventional and mobile
- Built-in models are installed in living room wardrobes, in bedside tables under the table. They are invisible and fit into the overall design concept of the room.
- Regular refrigerators look like miniature copies of kitchen refrigerators, come in a variety of colors and designs, including glass doors. They are usually installed in kitchens so as not to spoil the look of the room.
- Mobile refrigerators on wheels often look like bedside tables, in which not only a cooling chamber, but also a safe can be mounted. Typically used in hotels and easy to move from place to place.
Wine coolers are a separate category. A number of specific requirements are imposed on them:
- the door of the refrigerator for wine should be blank or made of frosted dark glass, which traps ultraviolet rays, which badly affect the taste of wine;
- the temperature in the refrigerating chamber should not drop below +8 degrees. For many wines, even this temperature will seem too low, so a good wine cooler has several compartments with different temperatures;
- the humidity in the refrigerator must be maintained at 50-70%, so that the cork does not dry out, air does not get into the bottle and does not let the wine turn sour. Humidity is maintained by a drip humidification system. Premium models are equipped with lava stones that absorb moisture if there is a lot and release if not enough;
- refrigerators must be stable, fluctuations lead to precipitation of wine.
This mini bar for home has a volume of only 30 liters and is perfect for chilling drinks for a family of 4. Compact dimensions (WxDxH 42x40.2x48.5 cm) allow you to install it even in the kitchen of a small apartment. With a weight of 10 kg, it can be placed on a hanging shelf of the desired size or on a work table.
The refrigerator does not have a freezer, but there are two shelves for jars and a compartment with a holder for three plastic or glass bottles on the door.
The advantage over other models is its noiselessness, energy class A + and low cost - about 5,500 rubles.
This mini-fridge for drinks has a built-in freezer and has a capacity of 55 liters. At the same time, the dimensions of this model do not differ much from the previous one (47.3x43.5x50.5 cm).
The refrigerant used here is isobutane, energy class A +, and the weight is 13 kg. You need to defrost the freezer manually, its volume is 5 liters, which is enough for making ice and even for quickly cooling a couple of bottles of the drink.
A big plus is the presence on the door of the compartment for glass bottles, fenced with a metal handrail.
Next to the place for standard bottles, there is a place for bottles of 1.5-2 liters or for containers of non-standard size. There is also another compartment for cans above the door.
The estimated cost of such a refrigerator is 7,000 rubles.
This model has a volume of 70 liters, its height is 70 cm, and it is equipped with an 8 liter freezer, which is large for this kind of mini-bar. The noise level of this refrigerator is less than 38 dB, and the weight is already 19.5 kg. Such a model will no longer stand on the shelf.
The internal equipment of the minibar is similar to a traditional refrigerator: two shelves for large bottles on the door, three shelves for cans in a common chamber.
In this case, the temperature on the lower shelf will be one degree higher than on the upper one.
The approximate price of such a device is 10,000 rubles.
New Line SM521
This mini-bar from the Turkish manufacturer differs from the usual ones in the absence of refrigerant, long service life - 22 years, and halved energy consumption. The visual design of the refrigerator can be any: the user can order both a built-in model and a regular one with glass or blind doors of different colors and even imitation of wood.
The power of this mini-bar is 75 W, it belongs to the F energy class.
The weight of the device at a height of 61 cm is 13 kg.
Inside there are three compartments in the main chamber and two compartments on the door. At the same time, all shelves are mobile, on the walls of the chamber there are 8 runners for adjusting the height between them.
Caso winecase 6
A specialized German bar refrigerator for wine is designed for 6 bottles, has three shelves with a bed for each container on pull-out rollers. The temperature maintained in the refrigerator is + 8-18 degrees Celsius.
The body of the device is black with vertical steel inserts next to the glass door.
The glass is UV protected. No refrigerant is used in this model, the cabinet works according to the Peltier principle, which eliminates vibrations leading to sediment in the bottles. This refrigerator consumes 132 kWh / year, which corresponds to energy class A. Temperature control is placed on the front surface of the door.
The device is equipped with a display, which displays information about the status of the device, touch control. There is a backlight inside the refrigerator compartment.
The estimated cost of the model is 15,000 rubles.
A home mini-fridge for drinks is an affordable solution that allows you to expand the space of the main refrigerator by removing the hanging rack for bottles from there and installing a classic shelf.
The minibar with freezer allows you to prepare pure ice that does not absorb the smell of other foods. The refrigerator does not take up much space, but it will always provide cold drinks for a children's or adult's party.