When equipping their home, modern owners try to pay maximum attention to every little thing. This is the only way to make your home cozy, beautiful and always fashionable. It is extremely important to tastefully decorate not only the walls, floor, ceiling, but also the window opening. The most common way to decorate a window is curtains and tulle, but all this, in the opinion of designers and many contemporaries, is yesterday. Vertical plastic blinds are slowly but surely replacing fabric products, making the interior of the room more elegant, graceful and original.
Features of the
Vertical PVC slats are actively used in office buildings, public buildings, as well as in apartments as an alternative to the usual many curtains. They are easy to assemble, simple and convenient to use, and it is not difficult to take care of the "clothes" for PVC windows. You can direct the sun's rays in the right direction by turning the slats, while nothing interferes with the natural passage of air. Vertical plastic blinds can be opened in several ways:
- from one side to the opposite;
- from the center to the edge of the tension control system.
Vertical blinds made of plastic visually "stretch" the room, so it is worth using them in small rooms with low ceilings.
The main advantages of plastic blinds include:
- Easy to care for … Cleaning plastic curtains is not that difficult. They are easy to clean and dry in a matter of minutes. For cleaning, you can use special products or ordinary soap.
- Durability. Even after long-term use, the plastic will not lose its attractive appearance and technical features.
- Moisture and dust repellent effect. The components that make up the material allow the product to cope with any kind of contamination. PVC repels dust particles, water droplets and grease.
- Plastic does not absorb foreign odors … This aspect is an important consideration when choosing curtains, especially if they are bought for the kitchen, dining room.
- Increased endurance to natural light … Thanks to this property, vinyl blinds can be used to curtain windows, as well as balconies and loggias; they are often used on doorways. Uniform light distribution.
- Versatility. Vertical blinds come in different models, so you can easily choose the right option for any size of window openings.
- Practicality … Ideal for rooms with high levels of humidity, where there is a risk of oil and grease getting on the blinds (saunas, baths, swimming pools, kitchens).
- Resilient to changes in temperature, and it is also possible to use them as a partition.
Vertical PVC blinds – the best way to decorate a window in rooms for which high sanitary and epidemiological requirements are put forward. These are children's educational institutions, hospitals, swimming pools, catering places, dentistry and physiotherapy offices. In addition to the protective function, thanks to the color or lamella pattern ideally matched to the style of the room, you can achieve a soulful atmosphere, harmony, beauty and elegance in the room.
Plastic slats have practically no drawbacks. The insignificant disadvantages include the noise effect. Passing through the slats, the air moves the lamellas, from which they hit each other, creating the sound of clinking metal. Therefore, you should not mount such products on the balcony and loggia. Problems may arise with the installation of a vertical system if the window openings are of non-standard dimensions. Plastic vertical blinds are also not recommended for decorating large windows. The main material of the product is quite heavy, so the cornice may not support its weight and will collapse. But if you really want to decorate the window with vertical slats, experts advise you to break down the blinds into several sections.
How to care?
The lifespan of PVC vertical blinds, as well as their appearance, depends on how often they are cleaned. Although during the production of blinds, all slats are covered with special components that repel dust, during long-term operation they still accumulate a certain amount of dirt, depending on the room in which they are located. Dust and water do not penetrate the PVC structure, however, they collect on the surface of the lamellas and other elements of the blinds, spoiling the appearance of the product. Regular maintenance will ensure a healthy indoor climate and trouble-free operation of the safety device for many years. Plastic blinds are easy to clean. It is enough to brush along the lamellas with a dry brush in order to dump small dust particles, and then wipe them with a damp sponge or a cloth moistened with soapy water.
There is no need to wipe wet slats, they will dry quickly by themselves, especially in sunny weather.
If something goes wrong and the vertical blinds become unusable, do not rush and throw the product away. In some situations, everything can be fixed. As a rule, manufacturers include a detailed description of the entire device in the kit, so replacing the damaged part, including aligning the vinyl strips, will not be difficult. You can change one lamella or the whole set at once. When installing the rails, you need to press on the hooks with a screwdriver for easier replacement. Sometimes plastic fasteners and chains become unusable. It is also possible to change them at home:
- To remove the damaged rope, you will have to remove all the slats from the eaves.
- When installing a new chain, you should be extremely careful, each lamella must be in the correct position.
- To replace old hooks with new ones, it is enough to arm yourself with a regular screwdriver.
- If the cornice breaks, it is likely that replacing this part on your own will not lead to anything good. This is a rather complex breakdown and it is better to entrust its elimination to an experienced person.
When choosing vertical plastic blinds, it is better to look at models with an aluminum cornice.
In general, reviews of PVC vertical blinds are positive. Housewives speak especially well about them, who decided to arrange window frames in kitchens with this type of sun protection devices. As customers say, plastic lamellas are quite well washed from sticky deposits from a mixture of dust and drops of fat, quickly return to their original appearance and do not lose their beauty even after repeated cleanings.
They look stylish and fashionable, and some users call the noise that sometimes appears during gusts of wind soothing. Many people like the sound of shuddering lamellas and they do not attribute it to the minuses. Many people also note that with the help of vertical blinds, you can visually make a room with low ceilings taller. This feature of vertical slats is very popular with the owners of small apartments.
In the next video, see an overview of vertical plastic blinds, their properties and characteristics.